Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2002 7:45:54 AM EDT
Do our Finnish members have any details on the suicide bomber that blew himself up at a shopping mall there in Finland?  That was the last place I expected something like this to happen.

I know he killed 7 and wounded 59 with a bomb that included "gun pellets" in it.  Sounds pretty bad anyway you cut it.  

Ross

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Fuck.

Coming soon to a store near you.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So this just shows that terrorism is not going to effect "those fat lazy" American's. In the last week we have seen terrorism in Finland and against a French oil tanker.
I don't think these terrorist guys think very much. The world is against us going into Iraq, but world is running out of excuses's for us to go. I think after a couple more of these acts, countries will be lining up to go in with us.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, France has a long history of problems in Algeira, and they tick nearly everyone off anyway, so I can see them being hit.  Though to be honest, I think the tanker just happened to be a "target of opportunity" and they would have simply struck whatever tanker they could.  The idea is to panic the world about oil prices, etc.  

But Finland? That's one of the last places I'd have thought for this to happen.  Maybe it was just some nutjob who was just "copycating" the middle east folks?  I'm not completely sold on the terrorist connection there mainly because of the location.  I'm sure some of our Finnish folks will come through with the facts.

Ross
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Police have identified the 7th victim as a 20 year old chemistry student from the capital area and he is now the prime suspect.

I believe they reached this conclusion this fast because of surveillance tapes.

Police didnt comment on possible motives or the type of explosives due to ongoing investigations.

I would think that this was an act of a lone person, perhaps the bomb detonated prematurely.
I don´t think this is related to terrorism events elsewhere, a deranged act of a deranged person.

Regarding the composition of the bomb, he really wanted to do serious harm, since it was packed with shotgun pellets around the explosives.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I condemn terrorism in all it's forms.

BUT, you Finns have to realize your arrogant foreign policy and support for Israel are causing the Muslim world to lash out at you.  You had this coming, and you deserve it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Mr_Mullen,

Once again I like your thinking.

and Europe being a target is just fine w/me.

Wof
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

BUT, you Finns have to realize your arrogant foreign policy and support for Israel are causing the Muslim world to lash out at you.  You had this coming, and you deserve it.
View Quote

Cite facts about Finland's active support of Israel  (or shut the fuck up).

Forget it...Just Shut the Fuck Up, Asswipe.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Forget it...Just Shut the Fuck Up, !@#$%^&*.
View Quote

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, raven was being sarcastic?  Like pointing out that people don't [i]ask[/i] for terrorist attacks; terrorists pull this s**t because they think their holy cause is worth more than innocent lives.  America's foreign policy is a convenient excuse.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Fiz,

What part of this ignoramus' post to you deem sarcasm?

View Quote

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, raven was being sarcastic?  Like pointing out that people don't [i]ask[/i] for terrorist attacks; terrorists pull this s**t because they think their holy cause is worth more than innocent lives.  America's foreign policy is a convenient excuse.
View Quote

Fiz,

Perhaps the sarcasm is in your mind...I see an asswipe w/an internet connection or a fool with internet connection.  

Your choice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

FWIW, I thought [b]raven[/b] was being sarcastic too.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm guessing Raven was being sarcastic.

At least I certainly hope so.

After reading about Finnish farmers' reaction to Communist youth groups in the '20s, I have nothing but respect for the Finnish people.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Another victim of the Imbroglio syndrome.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Replace "Finn" with "American" and you'll see the sarcasm.  It's a reference to a good number of goreign countries/media saying Sept 11th was out "fault."

Perhaps the sarcasm is in your mind...I see an asswipe w/an internet connection or a fool with internet connection.
View Quote

Perhaps you need to calm down--have a drink, get a blowjob, whatever--and improve your reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I interpreted it as sarcasm also.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Replace "Finn" with "American" and you'll see the sarcasm.  It's a reference to a good number of goreign countries/media saying Sept 11th was out "fault."

View Quote

Perhaps you need to calm down--have a drink, get a blowjob, whatever--and improve your reading comprehension.
View Quote

Bingo.  Saying the Finnish nation has an arrogant foreign policy is silly.  Was making a point that if you have a problem with the government's policies, dont go killing innocent people and expect to get favorable consideration for your grievances.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#17]
had there been a poll, and had I voted in said poll, I would have selected sarcasm also.
note to self - note intended sarcasm in any future posts....
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The kitty says "Mmmmmmm...yeah....sarcasm."
[img]www.oralse.cx/contrib/peanutbutterandkitty.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Given Raven's positions in past posts about the Middle East, I KNOW it was sarcasm.

Now me, my first thought is that it was "payback" for the Finns helping the Israelis develop the Galil rifle.  After all, the first Galils used Finnish recievers  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
Zak,

Why would I replace Fin (not the typo Finn)w/American?

If I choose to replace words...I'll replace them all. You can replace any word w/any other...and in doing so change any meaning CAN'T YA?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If I choose to replace words...I'll replace them all. You can replace any word w/any other...and in doing so change any meaning CAN'T YA?
View Quote

On second thought, go get a drink AND a blowjob.  Someone wound as tight as you are can use all the help they can get.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Zak,

View Quote

Dude, chill out! Apparently raven's post went a little over your head, just forget about it if you don't understand it.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Any notes, phone calls, anything to claim responsibility or provide a motive?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any notes, phone calls, anything to claim responsibility or provide a motive?
View Quote

The only new developments that the police have commented are that bomb making guides have been recovered from the man´s apartment, which he had gathered from the net.

He had no previous criminal background.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mr_Mullen,

Wof
View Quote

Jesus, you really are a dumb motherfucker.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr_Mullen,

Wof
View Quote

Jesus, you really are a dumb motherfucker.
View Quote

I dunno about him being a dumb motherfucker, but he certainly isn't making a good showing in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, since I'm surprised no one else has done this yet...

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn! I go to bed and wake up and lo and behold 2 pages of responses to my thread asking for info about the Finnish bombing.  Much to my dismay, very little had to do with the topic of the thread.  Oh well, as threads go I guess it didn't get too bad on this one compared to ANYTHING havign to do with police or religion[;)]

Tuukka-
Thank you for your responses and the information.  The US news service tends to only cover news in the world that they think will interest their audience (the American public), which is an admittedly tough audience to hold the attention of.  

An example of this is that the incident has already dropped off the news "radar screen" and we'll never hear any of the details of what has happened or discovered.  Please keep the info coming, as I'd like to know the details.

Ross
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mr_Mullen,

Wof
View Quote

I think WoofWoof caught rabies, time to have him put to sleep.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#30]
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2322275.stm[/url]

The teenage bomber behind a blast at a shopping mall on the outskirts of Helsinki was one of the seven people who died, say police...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Now those fu**ing stupid liberals in Finland who are kissing palestinians ass, may think what is to be in Israelis shoes when suicide bombers make their moves.

BTW, Finland is supporting Israel by buying military technology from them.
It is not advertised so much because those liberals doesn´t think it is politically correct

MN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top