Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 1:30:22 PM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29253[/url]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone remember the stallone movie cobra<-? where it was a whole clan of murders doing the killing together
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anyone remember the stallone movie cobra<-? where it was a whole clan of murders doing the killing together
View Quote

Damn you man! I've spent the last ten+ years in therapy trying to forget that movie even existed!!!  
Now I gotta start all over!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They are all sharing one rifle? Does that seem right to you?

All of the bullets (excepting todays which wont be done with till tomorrow) that they have recovered enough of for study have had matching rifling marks on the jacket. Thats how they know they are dealing with a serial shooter.

Now he may have a partner. But a whole gang using only one rifle?

This is also the biggest argument against it being AlQaida. Why only one shooter using only one rifle? It still might be possible that its a AlQaida plot that hasn't gone off according to plan, and that the one segment is going on with it alone rather than give up and go home. But its a long shot.

If it was AlQaida I would expect multiple shooters striking simultainiously-or nearly so-in multiple, widely dispersed areas. They might use only one rifle per team-but their would be multiple teams, and then not all the bullets recovered would match, and the timing of some shootings would be impossible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

who needs ski masks, when you can dress like this:

[img]http://www.imageraptor1.hpg.ig.com.br/jjbinks/posters/cobra_stallone.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
MYGODMAN! He has a JATIMATIC.
Terrorst weapon of FINLAND!
LMFAO. Ahhh, what WERE we thinking?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are all sharing one rifle? Does that seem right to you?

All of the bullets (excepting todays which wont be done with till tomorrow) that they have recovered enough of for study have had matching rifling marks on the jacket. Thats how they know they are dealing with a serial shooter.

Now he may have a partner. But a whole gang using only one rifle?

This is also the biggest argument against it being AlQaida. Why only one shooter using only one rifle? It still might be possible that its a AlQaida plot that hasn't gone off according to plan, and that the one segment is going on with it alone rather than give up and go home. But its a long shot.

If it was AlQaida I would expect multiple shooters striking simultainiously-or nearly so-in multiple, widely dispersed areas. They might use only one rifle per team-but their would be multiple teams, and then not all the bullets recovered would match, and the timing of some shootings would be impossible.
View Quote

It depends on the detail of the ballistics information they have gathered, which depends on the condition of the recovered bullets. They may only know the number of lands and twist, meaning maybe multiple killers just all have the exact same kind of rifle and are using the same ammo. It's a stretch, and like I said, depends on how good their recovered samples are. If they have good samples, they may be able to differentiate between different rifles. We'll know someday....
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
let me explain myself alittle clearer. maybe the van everyone is seeing is the spotter/decoy person who is drawing the heat while the trigger person makes his/her escape on foot or another car. this is just a theory if there are aleast 2 people involved.

what about a couple of spotter/shooter teams that are roaming around doing this? as in terror cell. it's a pretty good way to spook the aveage person, by being able to stike in rural america. just another way to prove they can attack america without having to blowup buildings. everyone seen what happened in NY,DC& PA but now they are feeling/living the terror & fear first hand.

edit to add: ArmdLbrl-- do any of us have first hand knowledge that the police have fragments of bullets that are big enough to get barrel marking of them. it could be true or a load of B.S. to put the average joe's mind at easy about more then 1 shooter

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not sure that they have exact rifle matches with the ballistics tests they are doing off of the bullet fragments.  I seem to recall of some of the recovered fragments they were working with less than 50 percent of the bullet.  It is not clear to me that they have exact rifle matches, just enough evidence that it is .223 and "similar".

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top