Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 12:41:56 PM EDT
This was mentioned on another thread but I think it deserves its own: Will AR15.com members now be watched more closely by the authorities, even after the DC sniper is caught?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Like paul said, You better believe it. Sometimes I wonder aloud if they "troll" sometimes as well... just to check the whacko factor.

But you can bet there are several alphabet soup agencies with this and other Firearms related websites bookmarked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/iB_html/uploads/post-6-41308-BATF.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I would supsect that the only sites looked at more than here, are any with the word 'sniper' in the title.
We all should strive to project a solid, sorrowful, rational, freedom-loving front while not losing sight that this situation could put our most cherished freedoms at risk. I, for one, will not rest as more ineffective gun laws are put into effect not to actually protect the populace, but to play to a knee jerk reaction that will do little to keep our streets safe.
To my count, this shooter COULD have not broken any of the existing laws for gun or ammo ownership. Outside of an outright ban on ALL firearms that COULD fire a .224 bullet, on all scopes, or on all types of reloading gear, what conceivable laws could have prevented this? Do not forget that this individual(s) is not currently deterred by laws against murder, that they have already decided to become criminal. If they are not bothered with felony murder charges and the possibility of the  dealth penalty does not deter them, what misdemeanor type law barring the purchase or possesion of illegal firearms or ammo.

These idiots really need to get a grip and look at this situation logically. IMHO, there is a reason why this crap does not happen in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. that reason is that a bunch of 'targets' could immediately change to 'combatants' and a dirtbag in this scenario in the Southwest would have a total life expectancy measured in minutes, not weeks. If the sheep in MD would not have given away their rights of self-protection, they may be able to affect a good conclusion to this nightmare.

People need to relaize that evil exists and has forever, it can take the form of foreign regimes all of the way down to a lone sniper on a tower in Austin, TX. (Remember how the PD was able to bring that episode to an end, by putting a call out to all of the local hunters to bring down their personal firearms in an effort to keep Whitman's head down while a couple of officers and an armed civilian got to the observation deck and killed him.) I will NEVER give away my right and duty to protect myself and my family.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You better believe it. Sometimes I wonder aloud if they "troll" sometimes as well... just to check the whacko factor.
View Quote

I agree, and so does my friend;

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/M4%5FAiming%5Fat%5FU%2FB%5FJIUCE%5FTROLLN%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Where have you been? This site is VERY high profile because of the controversial nature of our beloved hobby and our firearms of choice.

This isn't the cruffler Mosin Nagant site. This is the site for evil, scary looking, deadly AR-15s that can spontaneously spray down a public place on their own without any human assistance. Didn't you know that pre-bans were originally equipped with vaporizing phaser beams that would punch holes through the moon?

I mean, come on now! DUH!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
What do you mean by "Being watched [b]NOW[/b]"?

I would suspect that this is the PREMIER anti-gun/JBT troll site.

I must admit that I have seen some stuff in here that kinda scares me, but those people are dealt with VERY promptly and not allowed back in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as we keep fighting over whats legal and whats not I think they are happy.

when we stop fighting, and when people stop asking whats legal and whats not, they know it's time to make more law's hehe.

M4_Aiming_at_U you just happend to have that picture on your computer right?

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]

This isn't the cruffler Mosin Nagant site. This is the site for evil, scary looking, deadly AR-15s that can spontaneously spray down a public place on their own without any human assistance. Didn't you know that pre-bans were originally equipped with vaporizing phaser beams that would punch holes through the moon?

View Quote

I'm darn glad my 3.5 Ar's are locked in the safe. I did'nt know that, thanks. Really, shit does seem to be blown "way" out of proportion doesn't it. Big Brother is among us, for sure.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: M4_Aiming_at_U you just happend to have that picture on your computer right?

View Quote

Im a big fan of Beetlejuice, and I just typed in the rest, whats wrong with that?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#11]
im sure there were govt types interested in this board just because they have the same hobbies we do, but now its their job to monitor these sites.I have no doubts there are also people who specifically monitor these sites to watch us also.I guess with this sniper shit going on they have to watch us more closely.
I think its absurd to think this guy or guys has to be military trained like portrayed in the media. Every member of this board can hit a human center mass at 100 + yards as well as every hunter and LEO i know. They have their work cut out for them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
The Gubmint watching us here on AR-15, nahhhh, they wouldn't do that would they? Don't you guys know that WE are the threat to peaceful coexistence in this country? Ask any knee jerk liberal PUSSY, they'll tell you... Yes I'm wearing my tinfoil hat, my dinky's wearing it's tinfoil hat too!!!

[x]

(ps) For an excellent free firewall go to www.zonelabs.com It's amazing how may times I get flagged by someone seeking my net-bios name when I am logged on here. tinfoiltinfoiltinfoil, must have more tinfoil....
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
AR15.com is most likely a [i]refreshing[/i] site for those that would 'monitor' us.

We're the best example of the Good Citizens in the 'Gun Culture'...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm...  

I guess that explains BOG:

[email protected]    [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... center mass at 100 + yards as well as every hunter and LEO i know ...
View Quote

Does this mean I got to start getting hits at 100 and practicing at the 200?
SSD
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I still think that the cops are looking for the wrong thing.  An AR-15 is just to big to go unnoticed.  I think that he is using a pistol of some kind and he is shooting from no more than 50 yards.  I hope that citizens get to him with baseball bats before the cops get him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I still think that the cops are looking for the wrong thing.  An AR-15 is just to big to go unnoticed.  I think that he is using a pistol of some kind and he is shooting from no more than 50 yards.  I hope that citizens get to him with baseball bats before the cops get him.
View Quote

They are not looking for the wrong thing. In less than 10 seconds, pop the rear take down pin, pop the front take down pin, everything goes into a TOOL BOX and away the shooter goes unoticed while the cops are looking for trumpet cases.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm starting to wonder about that Thompson Contender theory myself.  Would make sense for single shots when one could just as easily make a few on multiple targets in seconds.

Everyone on the media is licking the boots of these guys for their shooting skills, but most of us here know they are not hard shots.  

What I AM impressed with is these guys ability to evade detection.  It does stink of training... the kind one might get in a camp in the Middle East.  Right now Palestinian hit teams are doing fine jobs evading the venerable Israelis.  Anyone else reading SOF's Jerusalem Diaries?

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#19]
They should have a handle on the barrel length of the weapon by now. If the bullets fragmented--and from the high fatality rate I suspect they did--and if the shooter was at some known distance, such as the 140 yards quoted for the school shooting, they should be able to rule out a short-barreled weapon like the TC. The initial problems ID'ing the bullets also suggests they fragmented. My guess is full sized, 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
has anyone here heard of 308NATO before????
i'm not familiar with that caliber.  maybe 7.62 NATO...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
You know what? If they WEREN'T watching this site, someone at the FBI should be fired. Look at assweb, how many of their guys are in jail currently? 3?

I'm sorry to say, but yes, this and similar sites can attract nuts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, and I mean YES. Did I say yes yet?  The Media, the BATF, the FBI, the DEA, the NSA, the State Cops, the County Cops, the Local Cops, the Left, the NRA, the GOA, the Anarchists, the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marines, the Coast Guard, the Brady Bunch...

They know your bank account numbers, CC numbers, SSN, address, DOB...

BTW, how do you like your steaks cooked?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#23]
What is the origin of the "tin-foil-hat"???

And if they have a guy monitoring this site, that woudl be a full time job in itself...

I think i may put in an application[:d]

But seriously, just like in the letter I wrote to that editor that did the article on that sniper website. Anyone that reads this site for any ammount of time will see that we are law abiding citizens, just like the dude next door; with very few exceptions of a guy wanting to know about full auto, etc...We just likes our gunz!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus! You don't know??? Hurry here [url]www.zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url] and get yours NOW. Don't Wait!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus! You don't know??? Hurry here [url]www.zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url] and get yours NOW. Don't Wait!
View Quote

I know about it,and I've seen that site before. I just wondered about it's origin......[:\]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I think it's just a new way to be paranoid in an electronic age and the tin foil hat is the characture of that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
These idiots really need to get a grip and look at this situation logically. IMHO, there is a reason why this crap does not happen in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. that reason is that a bunch of 'targets' could immediately change to 'combatants' and a dirtbag in this scenario in the Southwest would have a total life expectancy measured in minutes, not weeks. If the sheep in MD would not have given away their rights of self-protection, they may be able to affect a good conclusion to this nightmare.
View Quote

Not so fast, there, bigguy...he has shot 3 people in VA, and killed 2 of them...we are as pro-gun here in VA as AZ, TX, or NM, if not more so...but ya gotta FIND that cocksucker before ya can bust a cap in his ass!

I'm going around strapped, though, just in case! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Who came up with it??????

Was it in a movie, I've hear that way before comming to this site, so I know it must be an old joke.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:08:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And if they have a guy monitoring this site, that woudl be a full time job in itself...

I think i may put in an application[:d]

But seriously, just like in the letter I wrote to that editor that did the article on that sniper website. Anyone that reads this site for any ammount of time will see that we are law abiding citizens, just like the dude next door; with very few exceptions of a guy wanting to know about full auto, etc...We just likes our gunz!!!
View Quote

Same as robotic censors they surely have electronic surveillance machines(programs)that peak or tweak when certain words or groups of words are used!

We have in the past and are now monitored!

So that's why one should be very careful how they would post,so that they speak there mind and not jeopardize this great site with trollisum!

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:48:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
From what I can see, most of the AR 15 members are either in law enforcement, in the military, or are Vets.  
View Quote

And thus have had training on how to kill and evade detection.

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I think it's probably split about 50-50...any one from the government that is watching this site, half of them are doing a job and maybe even anti-gun, the other half are members LOL.

It's a sad state of affairs.

If the Maryland shooter ever visited here or any of the other good sites, look out.  You are going to see an attempt to create the first real censorship of the net.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top