Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 11:03:12 AM EDT
FINALLY a expert.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#1]
What's he saying???  We are starved for good media coverage!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
except for the Myth about .223 designed to wound.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw this too. I was actually putting my 2000 round of .223 into a new weather proof case. How ironic.

Anyways, a real positive piece. He shot down all the crap that we should have more gun laws and he pointed out that the person who bought this gun had to go through a background check. I also like the part it is not really a "Professional" doing this. It's someone who has trained, but its not hard to make these shoots. If you get a chance to see it, please do. It's what happens when news reporters ask the right people instead of "experts".
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Can someone sum up some of the stuff talked about?  No chance for me to run to a tv here at work!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Mr_Mullen got most of it.

Called the politization of the attacks by Lt Gov of MD Kathleen Kennedy Townsend reprehensible and disgusting.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Among other points he made:

1. The .223 is a common round chambered in many civilian (varmint) rifles.

2. The .223 has a effective range of 400 yards and these shootings have been at the most in ranges of 150 yards.

3. These shooting do NOT require a expert markman.

4. Searching out large ammo purchases to ID the shooter is pointless as he has not even used half a box of ammo.

5. ALL sales of firearms from dealers undergo a background check, even gun show sales.

6. Shooters more than anyone want this guy caught.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#8]
What's his name? and who was he interviewed by?

it's important that folks email Fox to let them know they did something right about this whole thing. who knows, they may have brought him in because of people like us emailing them, and telling them they were inaccurate 99% time previously.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
He was the head of a licensed dealers assoc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Well chalk one up for the facts... good to hear about stuff like this.  Sensationalism is still winning, though.  We need more people in front of the camera such as this person.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, I have been sending my emails to Fox, reminding them that in addition to claiming to be 'fair and balanced' that they should also strive to be accurate.  Requested that they sift through the chaff and find a firearms expert to interview about firearms.

Fox and Friends had an x-police on this morning that was clueless about firearms.  Said with a credit card and the internet you could order a rifle and have it shipped directly to your home in a few days, yada yada...  

Hope our emails made a difference and that they are now going for accurate reporting.

edited for the x-police
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny it takes Fox to put a decent person on the air.  I would like to see CNN or one of the big three try to get something other than their liberal views broadcast all the time.

Dis
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#13]
4 isn't necessarily true. it takes more than one box to learn to shoot that well.

--edit--

Figures i miss it by 10 mins. i just turned on my XM radio after wiring it to my PC. i get the audio broadcast of FOX, CNN Headline, and others.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I see this dude all the time at the local gun shows. He is much more arrogant in person, you know the type of guy that thinks you have to buy "only from him and nowhere else has the same product as his" mentality. He seems like a pretty good speaker about our rights on air though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top