Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 8:49:34 AM EDT
I just saw a very disturbing news spot on TV at 12:00 noon.

A Taylor Michigan Wall Mart reported to FBI and local authorities that a young white male purchased a large quantity of ammunition (300 rounds of shotgun shells and about as many in rifle ammunition) the Wall Mart was very alarmed at the large quantity of ammo this man purchased.  "said the Wall Mart employee"

The employee went outside and followed the customer to his vehicle and found it to be a "white van with Florida plates"

When Wall Mart has a sale on ammo, I am the first in line to make a large quantity purchase.   Usally as much as they will let me buy.  

"I will never again step foot in a Wall Mart no matter how good a price for ammo they are hawking."

Well I guess everyone with a white van must be on allert that they will be a suspect in the Washington DC area snipers no matter where they live.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
ALL my ammo comes from ammoman.com delivered to the door 1000 rnds at a time, no one follows me to the car.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's those damn white vans! I knew they were going to be trouble the first time I layed eyes on them!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ALL my ammo comes from ammoman.com delivered to the door 1000 rnds at a time, no one follows me to the car.
View Quote

Same here.  Although the UPS driver always asks if I need a hand getting the boxes up the stairs.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I think any white van should hereby be refered to in the proper media nomenclature. Please use the terms "assault van" or "sniper van" only. Walmart tees me off, especially their assault shopping carts.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, after seeing the thread about .223 for 7.49/40 rds, I really was considering running down there (in my large white '83 chevy k20 pickup (w/ a white topper too!)) Maybe Eric the ammoman is going to get a call after all!

Edited to add:
Does a 3/4 ton, 4x4 Chevy K20 Pickup = an evil, preban, high capacity snow assault vehicle?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
So how long until the gobment confiscates the records of dealers like Ammoman and tracks down all of the large ammo purchasers.  Then the JBTs will kick in your doors and make you give an explanation of why you "[b]need[/b]" that much "high power super dooper accurate able to pluck the nuts off of a gnat at 4 miles armor piercing selfdestructing hyper velocity sniper ammo".  Just make sure there is no white van or white SUV or maybe a green Gremlin in your driveway, you will be totally screwed![peep]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be funny if it wasn't so disturbing.

This kind of thing doesn't happen at Target... Because they don't sell ammo or TARGETS!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#9]
But Wal Mart is CHEAP.

So what if they refused sales of firearms and ammo after 9-11.

So what if they follow you to your car after a purchase.

So what if you end up on the news.

You saved $8.25. [:D]

And they are only protecting you from yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top