Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 7:43:43 PM EDT
Some talking head called the club (Front Range IDPA) yesterday (my phone) and left a message looking for information on "sharpshooting", "tactical training", etc.

Instead of calling back, I sent our Media guy to deal with it (Michael Bane, has written many famous peoples biographies, does the "Media Weekends" with the top talking heads, writes for
various mags, etc.) and we ended up out at the Boulder Rifle Club this afternoon with a film crew. I begrudgingly go, but not without my "Molon Labe" polo shirt, HA!!!

Yes, I know..., consorting with the enemy, but it was a damned if you do or don't, they were
going to get "a" story, so we might as well have some control in it instead of ignoring them and
having them write whatever nonsense they can dream up, or worse, show up at this weekends match looking for a story on "urban tango training" or some BS.

Well, the cam guy was an active hunter who grew up in Montana and hunts elk every year.

Anyway, story came out not too bad and didn't do "too much" footage of us and more of himself and other shooters and was actually a "balanced" story (as much as can be from the media).

http://idpa.gunsnet.net
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
... I look at it as "infiltration", good job

... P.S. Where could one find a [b]MOLON LABE[/b] Polo shirt? I would definately love to wear one to work if that's all it said
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, where did you get that shirt?

Good job with the talking head [:)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the guys on the AW board had them made, nicely embroidered on gray polo shirt, most people look at the greek lettering and think it's some frat.

Will try to find the old emails from the guy and post his info, he may not have any left though?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
the ML shirts are available every few months on thefiringline.com

i have ML bumperstickers:
http://www.americansforguncontrol.com/bumper.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys might want to contact Idette Jones aka MsEmbroidery.  She does quite a few of the shirts for various firearms boards.  She may have done the one that TomJ has for all I know.  

I've ordered from her before and her work is top-notch.  The last email address I have for her is: [email protected]

PS- I've seen her post here at AR15.com, so maybe she'll see this topic.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys might want to contact Idette Jones aka MsEmbroidery.  She does quite a few of the shirts for various firearms boards.  She may have done the one that TomJ has for all I know.  

I've ordered from her before and her work is top-notch.  The last email address I have for her is: [email protected]

View Quote

Hey!! We're looking for new tee's for DeHLTA (Defensive Handgun Long Gun Tactics Association, based here in CO) as we've really had an increase in people who want more than just target shooting instruction. Will email her and see what it'll cost, would rather pay her a few $'s more than some anti soccer mom, million commie march pos (sorry, just comes out sometimes!)
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey!! We're looking for new tee's for DeHLTA (Defensive Handgun Long Gun Tactics Association, based here in CO) as we've really had an increase in people who want more than just target shooting instruction. Will email her and see what it'll cost, would rather pay her a few $'s more than some anti soccer mom, million commie march pos (sorry, just comes out sometimes!)
View Quote

TomJ,
I just went through my bookmarks and found her website: [url]www.wecembroidery.com/[/url]

Aimless,
I think the shirts you're talking about are screen-printed.  The shirts these guys are asking about are embroidered.  They're both cool, though, and no offense to Chimborazo (sp?).

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the ML shirts are available every few months on thefiringline.com

i have ML bumperstickers:
[url]www.americansforguncontrol.com/bumper.html[/url]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top