Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2002 4:21:05 PM EDT
Anyone know how to catch/kill/drive off gophers or other burrowing rodents? I think I have one in my yard.

I'd shoot it, but that poses several problems.

1. I'd have to see it and have a gun on me at the time.

2. I live in suburbia, so it's not like I can just walk the ground with my AR-15(I'd probably get a visit from the cops pretty soon). I could probably get away with using my 10/22 to shoot it in the back yard, but that's about it. Anything else would make too much noise and be too visible (my back yard isn't particulary visible).

Poison is fine, as long as I get rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hubba Bubba bubblegum, they love it, but can't pass it, so they die [:D]

Carbide mixed with grape juice powder is funny too [devil]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a gopher, ground squirrel, or mole. If it's a mole-mole traps work great. Or, you can find the holes and cram alot of moth balls in them. Personally I like to sit at the kitchen table in the morning, drinking coffee with the window about half open with my Bushy resting on the sill. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Try your 10/22 and Aguila sniper SSS rounds... it's a 60 grn .22 that hit's really hard but makes very little noise, the same or less than a CB short.  Then you can have fun plinking at the Varmint-cong.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it a gopher, ground squirrel, or mole. If it's a mole-mole traps work great. Or, you can find the holes and cram alot of moth balls in them. Personally I like to sit at the kitchen table in the morning, drinking coffee with the window about half open with my Bushy resting on the sill. Good luck.
View Quote

I have no idea. I haven't seen it yet.

And I'd love to sit there with an AR-15, but I don't dare with this sniper stuff going down in MD-VA-DC.

Moth balls sounds good though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Check your lawn, It's a good bet you have a grub problem.
The moles eat grubs, hence grubs = moles.
Kill the grubs and with no food source the moles will be gone. [thinking]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top