Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2002 4:12:13 PM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20021010/pl_nm/crime_shootings_gunsales_dc_1[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Just parroting the VPC policy line on "evil sniper rifles."
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
"Their accuracy and range capabilities make these weapons among the most dangerous available today," the lawmakers said. "They can hit targets accurately one mile away and can inflict damage to targets up to four miles away."
View Quote

Can someone in a position to be heard over these bleating sheep please scream "[b]BULLSHIT![/b]" at the top of their lungs?!?!?

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Get Serious. Write yout own letters! Quit hiding behind the vocal minority like some paranoid gun nut and put your nuts in the vice like the rest of us who do.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, when this thing first started out, it was SAW's and they started howling about them. Now the Feds and press are saying it could be a bolt action "sniper" rifle and they're up in arms about BBARWBMFS's (black-bolt-action-rifles-with -BIG-mutha-fucking-scopes). Where does it end with these people? Does anyone manufacture a lever or pump action .223? I hope there is. Just so I can laugh at the spin on that if that's what the weapon involved turns out to be.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Who's gonna get a clear shot at 4 miles!!!!!!!  The target would have to be asleep in a chair and 1 MOA at 4 miles (7000+ yds) would be 6ft.......I'm not even gonna guess what kind of optics would even give you a chance at that.  Seems I heard the Canadians were getting kills in Afghanistan in the 1500 meter range with a .50

Anyway a .50 will shoot 4 miles and even 7 miles with non-standard ammo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF you talking about?  Where did you get this info??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
These assholes make it sound like anybody can just pick one up and start putting shots in the X ring with no experince, practice, or brain. What a bunch of BS. [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's see... just recently in Afghanistan a Canadian sniper scored the record with a kill at ~2500m and they're talking about 4mi there???
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let's see... just recently in Afghanistan a Canadian sniper scored the record with a kill at ~2500m and they're talking about 4mi there???
View Quote

You have to use Liberal math man! 2500m = 4 miles when talking about these weapons of mass destruction! :rolleyes: We need to be more vocal about these obvious lies! Bitching about it here is like preaching to the choir. I've had to squash a bunch of the BS these phuckers are spewing to the ignorant people in my office. Luckily I'm in the military,...most of the active duty people are cool it's the civilians that are dummer that dog shit...

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh right, I totally failed to remember that.

*pulls out his randy dandy liberal calculator and punches in a few numbers and tosses some pixy dust in the air*

Hrmmm... it's telling me that it equals about 7.254 miles.  Let me try that again tomorrow and i'll get back to you on my new calculations.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gotta call BS on this.  A .50 might, and that's a highly doubtful 'might', lob a round 4 miles, but with absolutely no effectiveness.  If that's the case, .50 cal AA MG could be used to shoot at aircraft flying at 20,000 feet.  A .50 cal AA MG is not even effective firing against aircraft at 5,000 feet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, when this thing first started out, it was SAW's and they started howling about them. Now the Feds and press are saying it could be a bolt action "sniper" rifle and they're up in arms about BBARWBMFS's (black-bolt-action-rifles-with -BIG-mutha-fucking-scopes). Where does it end with these people? Does anyone manufacture a lever or pump action .223? I hope there is. Just so I can laugh at the spin on that if that's what the weapon involved turns out to be.
View Quote

How about a New England Firearms Handi-Rifle in .223?  It has a heavy barrel and is reasonably accurate and could very easily be the rifle being used in these shootings.

They don't have clue and are trying to demonize all rifles.  4 miles, my ass!

Why are they taking a situation in which the authorities say a .223 is being used (and I don't believe the authorities even know for sure) and start spouting figures like 1 mile and 4 miles?  Wait, I know, it's two things.  One, they are complete assholes.  Two, the uneducated sheeple soccer moms won't know they are lying through their ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top