Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2002 2:29:27 PM EDT

For the last twelve years, Jim Doyle has been using his office of attorney
general to harass gun owners. Now Doyle is telling the media, unions, and
others that he supports the rights of Wisconsin citizens to own guns. No
surprise there, but many gun owners are believing him.

GOPAC, the political action committee arm of the Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement,
has a website that details all of Doyle's anti-gun initiatives and points
out his lies. The site is at http://www.wigopac.com .

It's essential that all gun owners see what we could experience under a
Doyle government. So please visit the site, then forward this email to
everyone you know.

Thank you,
The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd never heard of this site until Dick Baker sent me this email.  It pretty much sums up the big anti-gun actions that Doyle has tried to take in recent years.  

Here's an active link.
[url]http://www.wigopac.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Muad_Dib, thanks for that link. I've been looking for somewhere to send people for verifiable proof of Doyle's anti gun record. I'm composing a "letter to the editor" for my local paper about Doyle's anti-gun agenda, and I'll include that internet address so people can see for themselves just what a moron Doyle really is. The editor is very pro-gun, and so far he has printed every pro-gun letter I've sent him.

There is a radio commercial (by McCallum's election committee) that spells out some of Doyle's anti-gun pranks. I've heard it frequently on a FM station (105.3fm) based in Antigo. Don't know what part of the State you're in, but have you heard it in your area?

BTW, McCallum signs are everywhere up north... not a Doyle sign in sight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Up north is not where this battle is going to be fought and won/lost.  Milwaukee and Madison is where we need to show up to have a chance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Did everybody get their "Vote Freedom First - Vote McCallum" bumper stickers from the NRA - PVF yet?

"...Who's conducting the greatest intellectual rebellion in history right now? It's not the likes of the New York Times or Washington Post... No, it's the Internet..."  

-- Charlton Heston at Yale University, 4/16/99
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did everybody get their "Vote Freedom First - Vote McCallum" bumper stickers from the NRA - PVF yet?
View Quote

Just got mine a couple days ago.  Any suggestions on how to display it without actually sticking it on the bumber?

Here's another thing to keep in mind.  Ed Thompson (Libertarian) is pulling a lot of gun owners away from the Republican vote.  I've seen more Thompson stickers/flyers at gun shows than anything else.  Thompson doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning this elections so please don't waste your vote on him simply because he's pro-gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Sad but true.  Just as in the last Presidential election - as none other than Al Franken put it - A vote for Nader was a vote for Bush - in this circumstance:  

[b]A vote for Thompson is a vote for Doyle![/b]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
i'm not too optimistic about mccallum getting elected

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Ed Thompson is a yahoo
He is pulling a Ross Perot
Getting Doyle elected...I see those damned signs all over my county ...gotta talk to people ..
A Vote For Thompson Is A Vote For Doyle
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I've heard the argument that thompson is pulling votes away from doyle.

I saw thompson guys handing out flyers at a recent gun show.

Don't think they were targeting doyle voters there.

Anybody who thinks thompson is a good 'protest' vote will find their vote helping doyle get elected. Great protest for the rest of wisconsin!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think McCallum is going to do well here in Madison. The rest of Wisconsin will have to pull their weight if they want McCallum to stay in office.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Up north is not where this battle is going to be fought and won/lost.  Milwaukee and Madison is where we need to show up to have a chance.
View Quote

So I guess the votes up north don't count? Yes, there are Doyle signs up north, and since I believe Doyle has a strong support in the Metro areas, somehow I think voters in the north, south, east and west are needed to make sure that Doyle isn't elected. The opinion of what's in Northern WI is a statement I hear far too often, in that for some unknown reason Madison and Milwaukee seem to be thought of as what WI is, not the rest of it. I like to think my vote has a purpose....
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So I guess the votes up north don't count? Yes, there are Doyle signs up north, and since I believe Doyle has a strong support in the Metro areas, somehow I think voters in the north, south, east and west are needed to make sure that Doyle isn't elected. The opinion of what's in Northern WI is a statement I hear far too often, in that for some unknown reason Madison and Milwaukee seem to be thought of as what WI is, not the rest of it. I like to think my vote has a purpose....
View Quote

Good point.  I have to admit I'm not positive how it works exactly.  Is the Goober-a-torial election a simple popular vote?  Or do the Republican and Democratic Parties get to stick their little fingers into it all and make themselves feel important with drunken "delegations" and shit like that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top