Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What buffer tube does it fit over?  Pistol or regular or either?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$139 isn't that much less than a tax stamp. Just saying.

But the wait is about 7 months shorter.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What buffer tube does it fit over?  Pistol or regular or either?

Pistol tube.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
HAHAHAHAHA

SIG IS AWESOME!

First a non-suppressor - now a non-buttstock.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But the wait is about 7 months shorter.

And you can move freely in any state.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHA

SIG IS AWESOME!

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SIG_MPX-C-600x344.jpg

Yeah they had the SBR MPXs there but not the civilian version, I wanted to see that muzzle brake in person

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHA

SIG IS AWESOME!

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SIG_MPX-C-600x344.jpg

I heard that SIG stands for "Suck It, Government".

I approve.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahaha, I bought one too!!!

We need to go shoot our ridiculous pistols together!

I have the lower, just need the pistol buttstock and a short upper!
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
How much are these?

I paid $139 for mine from Sig today at the NRA convention so they may be more or less once they hit the retail market.  

An SBR tax stamp is 200 bucks, and you can shoulder it.

A fool and his money...
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Welp, this just got about a hundred times cooler than I initially thought it was.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
lets not forget some states prevent a rifle from being loaded in a car.  legally speaking that is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How much are these?

I paid $139 for mine from Sig today at the NRA convention so they may be more or less once they hit the retail market.  

A fool and his money...

1. It's instant.  No background check, waiting, etc.
2. Doesn't require notifying big brother gov when you cross state lines.
3. Doesn't put you on the "radar" (if that's a concern for you).
4. Some states simply don't allow any sort of NFA items, while they do allow AR pistols.
5. Some states allow you to keep a loaded pistol in your vehicle, while you cannot keep a loaded rifle (or SBR) in your vehicle.
6. Fuck the NFA.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much are these?

A fool and his money...

So what am I doing in this picture, holding it against your vagina

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letters from the ATF are as good as toilet paper because sooner or later they will change their mind.

What if you already bought it, would it be grandfathered in? I'm considering buying the stock now and building the pistol later.

There was a guy that invented some type of bumpfire stock, wrote the ATF a letter and asked if it were OK to make. ATF said "Sure, Go ahead, it's alright"

The guy tools ups, starts making them...just as he is getting ready to sell them the ATF raids him saying his device is illegal.

Fuck the ATF, with a pineapple and one of them 5pound deli meat logs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How much are these?

A fool and his money...

For 60 bucks more, you can do that and not have to worry about the ATF taking liberties with your vagina.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much are these?

A fool and his money...

Sooo, were those pictures of shouldering this faked or...

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHA

SIG IS AWESOME!

Yeah I'm loving the way they're thumbing their nose at ATF, innovation and cheekiness make me want to buy from them just because.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

For 60 bucks more, you can do that and not have to worry about the ATF taking liberties with your vagina.  

Ironic

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Letters from the ATF are as good as toilet paper because sooner or later they will change their mind.

What if you already bought it, would it be grandfathered in? I'm considering buying the stock now and building the pistol later.

There was a guy that invented some type of bumpfire stock, wrote the ATF a letter and asked if it were OK to make. ATF said "Sure, Go ahead, it's alright"

The guy tools ups, starts making them...just as he is getting ready to sell them the ATF raids him saying his device is illegal.

Fuck the ATF, with a pineapple and one of them 5pound deli meat logs.

That's now how it works.  You can't just write the ATF and ask for approval on an item.  It has to be sent in for approval.  They will look over it before they approve it.

IIRC, the sample he sent was missing a part that ended up in the end-product, thus why it was afterwards ruled illegal.  I could be slightly wrong on the details, though.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much are these?

A fool and his money...

Sure after waiting 6+ months

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sooo, were those pictures of shouldering this faked or...

That 4th paragraph is by no means airtight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Faked!?!????
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck the ATF.

don't forget the rusty bayonet!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm loving the way they're thumbing their nose at ATF, innovation and cheekiness make me want to buy from them just because.

This is EXACTLY why I bought mine.

P.S. Do you like Pies in a Tin?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, apparently ATF is okay with VFG now. Someone posted a case recently that ruled the VFG to be G2G. Maybe someone will post a link to it

VFG is only ok on a firearm over 26" OAL.  Then it is classified as a firearm and not and AOW that isn't a new ruling either.  

I'd hate to be the guy who is the test case for firing it from the shoulder.

No someone posted (a state ruling?) something about a VFG being okay on a pistol. It was never challenged by the ATF so it is a wooshy subject. I don't feel like being the test subject for it though and still will abide by the "no VFG on pistols".

I can't find the link though. Someone post it if you know what I am talking about
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Where does it say you can fire it from the shoulder?

it doesn't.
it says that it isn't designed or intended to be used from the shoulder; it doesn't give permission, nor deny it.
I  have been thinking of a Sig pistol just like this one; the "stabilizer" makes me want it a little bit more.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Century's offering this week......

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#28]
What about my lip can I fire it from my lip, what about my forehead can I use my forehead to shoot it ?

Super serial
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Swipe card, walk home vs. 4-6 month wait.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://i41.tinypic.com/fmuk5s.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/33m5qc7.jpg

*drool*
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Hay OP, if the ATF does come by, remember......

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Link plz.

Also, will the AR Stabilizer work with an Ace pistol buffer?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought the sig pistols lacked a buffer tube; do you add a dummy one?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I will buy this for the immediate gratification, and submit my SBR paperwork and suppressor paperwork at the same time when my Specwar762 comes in.

In true ARFCOM fashion, I will "get both"

Now they just need to get together with slidefire
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I will buy this for the immediate gratification, and submit my SBR paperwork and suppressor paperwork at the same time when my Specwar762 comes in.

In true ARFCOM fashion, I will "get both"

Now they just need to get together with slidefire

Coming Soon from SIG:  "Wrist-mounted" Slidefire non-stock.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn you op, I need a ar pistol now. Lol

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#37]

NEW Product Launch

SB47 Stabilizing Brace & Gas Chamber

OT1648: SB47 Stabilizing Brace, comes with stabilizer & grip (pictured left & center)

$115.87

PAP00013: PAP M85 & M92 Gas Chamber for 7.62x39 & .223 (pictured right)

$29.87

--In a little as 10 minutes have your PAP pistol looking like this!

Century
Arms is introducing our new stabilizing brace and gas chamber that is
designed to improve the single handed shooting on our most popular PAP
pistols.The pistol stabilizer brace uses the operators forearm to
provide stable support and increases accuracy.

(From an Email that I got from Century a few days ago)

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#38]
A lot of the "OMG the ATF" people need to remember this is a brace and can be bought with cash without paperwork. They would never be able to find all of them, just like the slidefires.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is the Thunder Bolt still being made?
All I needed was something to connect it to my arm to support it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

At least the Sig product looks decent
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
in for range report!
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, apparently ATF is okay with VFG now. Someone posted a case recently that ruled the VFG to be G2G. Maybe someone will post a link to it

VFG is only ok on a firearm over 26" OAL.  Then it is classified as a firearm and not and AOW that isn't a new ruling either.  

No someone posted (a state ruling?) something about a VFG being okay on a pistol. It was never challenged by the ATF so it is a wooshy subject. I don't feel like being the test subject for it though and still will abide by the "no VFG on pistols".

I can't find the link though. Someone post it if you know what I am talking about

I'd like to see that then.  Every letter I have seen pertains to a pistol over 26" OAL.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Seems pointless really.

poor mans SBR.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#44]
It's an interesting idea, especially to help stabilize longer-barrel AR pistols.  Until my tax stamp came, the 11.5" upper on a pistol lower felt a little unbalanced.  I do wonder if having a couple Fastex buckles on the arm straps would be possible.  One might want to have a quick way of detaching it from the arm.

Is it solely friction fit on the receiver extension, or is there a more positive mode of reducing fore & aft play?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Dont try to skate around the law just pay the $5. tax stamp and buy one through a class III dealer as a short barrel rifle LEGALLY if this type set up appeals to you. Personally I think .223 looses too much energy with a short barrel.   OP you may want to delete that photo before it becomes a problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Dont try to skate around the law just pay the $5. tax stamp and buy one through a class III dealer as a short barrel rifle LEGALLY if this type set up appeals to you. Personally I think .223 looses too much energy with a short barrel.   OP you may want to delete that photo before it becomes a problem.

sbr stamp is $200 there champ.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There's nothing illegal about the device, or the picture.  Your tinfoil is wrapped to tight.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it wouldn't.

ATF changes their mind more than a woman in need of zoloft.

They'll issue an opinion letter one month and then change it the next.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Uh.....what?

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can be arrested for firing it from the shoulder?  How so?  What would they charge you with?

It's still an AR pistol, which is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.  That's the key.

Intention to violate the National Firearms Act?  Constructive possession of an unregistered NFA firearm?

Have a little imagination...
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top