Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 5:15:54 AM EDT
Do the retail stores carry more, less or the same items as in the catalogs?

Thanks
M4-AK [thinking]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Basic lines are same but both have merchandise private labeled for them you won't find in the other's store.  One of our companies sold anchors to both just in different boxes.

To me, Cabella's seems more gun friendly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but will the store have everything and or more than what is listed in their catalogs?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I live where the BP headquarters is.  BP is definitely not as gun friendly.  They're geared at hunting when it comes to anything guns, and that's about it.  From my observations, the catalog sports more than what you'll see in the store, but that might not be entirely accurate.  The place is too huge to really get a good judgement.  I went there a few days ago for a hard gun carrying case and didn't see all the ones I saw on their online catalog, but then again, I noticed that at one point in the store they had a pile of gun cases not even remotely near the hunting / gun section.  It's hard to say.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The new BPS in Memphis even tried to stop CC in their store here when they first opened. Definately not gun friendly IMO. [smoke]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Cabelas RULES!!! It is my wish book.

I can look at that stuff in there and well you just start daydreaming.

Cabelas has a really cool tent this year featured in American Hunter. It is huge and has a port for a stove in it. Too Cool.

[img]http://a1460.g.akamai.net/v/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/00/58/84/p005884hz01.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Swad, I live here too, and agree with what you said.  Typically at the BPS HQ many of the items online or in the catalog are out of stock or they have some other excuse.  Their selection is still the best in the area, but don't expect everything to always be there.  OTOH, you can sometimes find really good close-out deals.

BPS has stopped selling any guns but 'hunting' guns.  Their handguns are mostly Thompsons, black powder, etc... and of course no rifles even remotly 'assaultish'.  They sell PMC ammo pretty cheap, but I regularly buy all they have on the shelf in a certain caliber.  Their shooting range used to be fun, but even that has gone downhill since they moved the gun counter to the other end of the store.  In other words, I only go there if I have to to get ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top