[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]
This happens all the time.

[url]www.tree-sit.org/ramsey/boulderSC.html[/url]
[url]www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/9901/fall.html[/url]
[url]csf.colorado.edu/mail/deep-ecology/sep98/0062.html[/url]
[url]www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/04/13/treedeath.htm[/url]

These Earth First! idiots just can't seem to stay in their trees.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but this one was closer to me.  And it sounded funny when I read the headline.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#5]
[size=4][red][b]SPLAT[/b][/red][/size=4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to make fun of someone dying because death is nothign to make fun of. But I can't resist this one.

Every year trees cause the death of multipul people. We need to ban them its for our own good. Please do it for the children!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
He was probably high.  And I don't mean high up on a tree either.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"We've been trying to find out what caused him to fall," Ward said.

ummmm.... gravity? [:)]
View Quote

That damn gravity.

Ban it, for the children.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He was probably high.  And I don't mean high up on a tree either.
View Quote

No shit? How else did he not mind spending all day stuck up in a tree!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
"Earth First Santa Cruz had brought plywood platforms, buckets, ropes, food, water and other supplies to set up the tree-sit in mid-August as logging crews prepared to move in. From 15 to 20 activists took turns occupying four trees -- named Esperanza, Free, Critter and Fresco -- as loggers worked around the protesters."

Uh....wouldn't that make them hypocritical? Using PLYWOOD to protest logging?
Ranks right up there with a "Peace demonstration that gets violent"
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Earth First ? I was always taught Safty First
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Too Bad...So Sad...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"We've been trying to find out what caused him to fall," Ward said.

ummmm.... gravity? [:)]
View Quote

LOL! You eat me to it! Maybe he just let go?

...Or maybe we got lucky and the MD "sniper" has decided to start shooting better targets...
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
[b]TIMMMBBBERRrrrrr!!![/B]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Ban Gravity for the Children.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
BTW, death IS funny, so it's OK to make fun of it.

Does anybody have an email/web address for Earth!First?
I'd like to send my condolences.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#19]
[b]Jenna Griffith, then 20, who uses the forest name ``Sparrow,'' was injured when she fell about 30 feet from a tree and hit her head on a redwood stump. She is now fully recovered.[/b]

Good thing she landed on her head. She might have been hurt otherwise. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#20]
The thing that pisses me off most (as a forestry student) is that these freaks are protesting logging in [b]second growth[/b] stands!  Not even old-growth anymore.  Their big argument for saving old growth was the preservation of spotted owls, and other wildlife.  California has some of the most rigorously legislated forest practice rules of any state (sound familiar, gun people???).  And for these kids, it's [i]still[/i] not enough.  What the fuck do they think their Birkenstocks are made of? Cork (from cork oak bark) and rubber (from rubber plant cambium).  They use leather too, but that's a whole different set of contradictions that I won't go into here.  If they live in Santa Cruz, chances are good that if the house they live in is older than 50 years, then it's almost guaranteed that it's built out of old-growth redwood. Same here in Arcata, where I live.  Redwood is one of the most resilient and adaptable of all tree species. It's almost impossible to kill.  Clearcut it, burn the site a dozen times, and the trees will still sprout back from the stumps and roots.  Within 70 years, practically nobody will even know that it had been clearcut.  [i]That[/i] is the truth, but we already know that these people don't care about the truth, right?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#22]
"Earth First,  Make Mars our Bitch !!!!!!"  Dale Gribble, King O' the Hill.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]``We've been trying to find out what caused him to fall,'' Ward said.
but for some reason the man was untethered[/b]
View Quote

Perhaps a Spotted Owl pecked his tether in half and then pushed him.  Ban the Spotted Owl ... for the tree-climbing hippie children.

[rolleyes] LL [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Ward said the man was in his mid-20s and had recently come to Santa Cruz. He was homeless before deciding to join a tree-sit protest against Redwood Empire, Ward said, the San Jose-based firm now logging the approximately 50-acre site.
View Quote

Sounds like this guy wasn't exactly the cream of the crop to begin with.

And yes, death IS funny sometimes. IT depends on who died and how. Conservatives never claimed to be compassionate.

"Earth First Santa Cruz had brought plywood platforms, buckets, ropes, food, water and other supplies to set up the tree-sit in mid-August as logging crews prepared to move in. From 15 to 20 activists took turns occupying four trees -- named Esperanza, Free, Critter and Fresco -- as loggers worked around the protesters."

Uh....wouldn't that make them hypocritical? Using PLYWOOD to protest logging?
Ranks right up there with a "Peace demonstration that gets violent"
View Quote

Liberal thought (nonthought?) patterns at work. They first decide that they think that trees are pretty and we shouldn't cut them down. They decide this at an early age, before learning any facts about the issue. Then, since they already know what the right stance on the issue is, they will do anything to prove that they are right. Even making up data is okay, since they know they have to be right, even if no scientific data supports their position. But that's not all. Because their feelings tell them what is right, they are the Elite, better then all of us logical people who don't agree with them. Because they are so special, they are not obligated to abide by their own views. Only us stupid people who don't feel the same way they do have to abide by their feelings.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

View Quote

[size=2]This is NOT funny!! Bam-Splat Syndrome is a terrible condition that afflicts hundreds of people each year. Here at the Society For the Treatment of Bam-Splat Syndrome, we are working tirelessly to find a cure for Bam-Splat. We have great hopes for a potential "nerf-pad" vaccine, but we need YOUR help. For the price of a cup of coffee per day, you could help in this fight against gravity. Please, help. For the children's sake.
Sally Struthers[/size=2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

View Quote

[size=2]This is NOT funny!! Bam-Splat Syndrome is a terrible condition that afflicts hundreds of people each year. Here at the Society For the Treatment of Bam-Splat Syndrome, we are working tirelessly to find a cure for Bam-Splat. We have great hopes for a potential "nerf-pad" vaccine, but we need YOUR help. For the price of a cup of coffee per day, you could help in this fight against gravity. Please, help. For the children's sake.
Sally Struthers[/size=2]
View Quote

I must say, that was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#27]
"Gravity....ban it for the children!"

You guys kill me. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#28]
[cartman]Hippies! I hate hippies!  They say they want to save the world, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad. [/cartman]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#29]
u owe me a new keyboard!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
They are trying to find out what made him fall? Gravity, dumbshit.

It's ok, though. This particular protester has truly become one with the environment.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#31]
"if a treehugger falls in the forest and theres no body around does it make a splat?"
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Moral of the story:

[b]Trees don't hug back[/b]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top