Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 10:53:50 PM EDT
True Story:

It was April of 1987. My girlfriend and I were the only ones at home. She was downstairs cooking dinner and I was upstairs taking a shower.

(Let me rewind a little back to October 1986. one of my dearest friends (Huey) committed suicide, go forward to December 1986 I met a girl named Dawn that became my girlfriend... the one in this story. notice the dates... she never met Huey)

During the afternoon and evening I felt this presence... like it was Huey watching me. Even when I was taking a shower...weird huh?? So after the shower I go downstairs and start eating dinner. Then my girlfriend says to me "I know I never met Huey, but for some reason this whole evening I feel like he is in here and watching us"

HOLY CRAP I NEVER FELT MY SKIN CRAWL SO BAD... It is even crawling now that I remember this and repeat it to all of you.

[b]***We do this every year before Halloween and it usually gets good responses. anyone else have weird stories like this that happened to them?  I know we will hear from the doubters...thats cool too.***[/b]

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Walking down a deserted street a few years ago around 1130 pm at night in Baltimore Maryland (where most of my family were born and died) on a cold windy winter night. I felt a very very very strange presence but I know danm well nobody was around. As the wind blew really hard a heard my name in a whisper just like sombody was whispering in my ear. as I type this right now I get goose bumps and shivers. My name is Richard, and that doesnt sound like anything the wind could make.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My aunt, uncle, and little cousin live(ed) in an old house. 1890s early 1900s. Victorian style house.
Several family members have seen figures in the house, mostly In the area that use to be the kitchen(never in the area of the kitchen that was later added on in the 50's or so) and the service stairway.
And my aunt says she has hear my cousin playing with someone upstairs. She she would ask him what he was doing he would say something to the effect of "playing with my friend". She has asked him what the friend looked like and he explained it as a sort of mass of colors. Keep in mind he is was slightly older than a toddler at the time.

*Short tangent begins here.....
My mom told similar stories about one of the houses we lived in when I was arround the same age.  But I attribute that to my parents being hippys.
* and ends here

My uncle is a mortitian, and he talks about a certain feeling he gets when he has to go recover the bodies of children and some other ppl that die untimely deaths, car accidents and such. He said he first felt this feeling when one of his family members died when he was younger and had to view the body. My aunt said he gets the same feelings sometime in the house.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I am REALLY getting the goose bumps and willies. This is good stuff!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
This is also some interesting reading.
It usually come up in convo's around halloween.
[url]http://www.prairieghosts.com/stull.html[/url]

One of the strangest stories about Stull supposedly appeared in Time magazine (it didn’t) in either 1993 or 1995 (depending on the version you hear). This story claims that Pope John Paul II allegedly ordered his private plane to fly around eastern Kansas while on his way to a public appearance in Colorado. The reason for this, the story claims, was that the Pope did not want to fly over “unholy ground”.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
When I tried to close the PrairieGhosts site- it crashed my computer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a friend in college who would have out of body experiences.  One involved watching me and there was no way he could have known what happened without being there.  He would tell me stories about other times it happened.  Some weird stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was about 14 years old, I used to spend alot of nights by a friend of mine's house. We lived in a town called Jean Lafitte, about 20 miles from New Orleans. This town is where supposedly Jean Lafitte lived, settled and died. They were poor people and the house was very small. The way it was set up was in a manner that you could see every door from the living room. There were just a front door and a back door, two bedroom door, and a bathroom.  One night after everyone went to bed, I laid down on the couch, which was where I usually slept. I swear to God right after I did that I heard doors slamming, full force.I could see every door and none of them were moving. It was just the sound of it. Just like a full grown man in a fit of rage. There was someone walking right next to me, back and forth. There was no carpet in the house, so I could hear it and feel it clear as day. I didn't understand how all of this was going on without noone hearing it and coming to see what was happening. Needless to say, the next day I couldn't sleep a wink that night, it went on for about an hour but after something like that, you don't sleep for days. The next morning, my friend David came out of his room and I asked him "what the fuck is wrong with you house, i.e. ghosts and shit?" He tells me he knows all about it, happened to him a million times before because the guy who lived there before them blew his head off with a shotgun.

I am 29 years old now. I still get willies every time I tell someone this story. I don't tell this to satisfy some childish need to fit in or for attention, as I swear to God every word I just typed in is true.I even held back a few details. Even though this experience was very difficult to deal with as a child, I am glad in a way that I got to experience it as now I know that life goes on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]
My mom passed away in 1996, at which time my nephew was 3 years old. My brother and family were living with my parents (mostly to help care for the house, partly because they were poor at the time) and we liked the fact that mom got to spend so much time with her only grandson. About 3 months after she died, my nephew blurted out that mom's antique glassware collection needed to be dusted and cleaned. When my brother asked him why did he think that he replied that "Nana had told him that yesterday" and that he had seen her in the dining room. It wasn't scary, it made us cry.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:36:34 AM EDT
[#9]
... On an eerily similar related topic,go do this. It is [u]VERY[/u] strange:

Go to: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=147742&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Haunted Cemetery Story.

Halloween one year...early/mid '80's.

My friend Jay and I were at a party a friend was throughing. She and her mom lived alone in this good sized farm-style house. For some reason, maybe spooky stories about the "haunted" Boxelder Cemetery north of town, an old overgrown, neglected place, Mom stated she'd never been there. Well what better time than to now to take her? So she, Jay and I jump into my car and head out there, telling her spook stories the whole way. Coffins hanging out of the ground over the creek, cars not starting, all the usual stuff when you're trying to scare a girl.

So we park out on the county road, turn off the car, get out and walk around for several minutes. Mom wasn't up to going into the cemetery, partly cloudy night, full moon, about midnight, perfect Halloween-spook story night. So we get back into the car to leave. And the car WON'T start!!!![shock]

Jay and I get out, pop the hood and start wiggling the battery cables. "Did you mess with the car when we weren't looking, Jay?" "No, I swear to God I didn't." Took the cables loose from the battery and scraped the terminals. Got the car to start and got the HELL out of there.

Not really spooky for Jay and I, but a really weird coincident anyway.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Early 80's. I was in a Woolco store with the wife. She was off shopping for clothes and I wandered down to the sporting goods. I was standing in the middle of an aisle browsing the shelves. No other person was in the aisle. I heard the words "Watch out Dale, Dale watch out." Spoken clearly, not "in my head" or some such. Spoken. I ran to the end of the aisle, sliding in my own and looked down the aisle on either side to see if anyone was there that could have done the talking. The place was deserted. I went and found the wife and we left that place faster than you can imagine. Whenever this comes up in conversation, my wife reports that she has never seen that look on my face before or since.

BTW, I think paranormal stuff is, in general, BS. What I don't have, is a rational explanation for what happened to me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
In June of 1985, 9 months after my grandfather passed away, we were going to have a family reunion at my uncle's house.  My mom, dad, brother, sister, and I met some of my other aunts and uncles at my grandmother's house to pick her up and take her with us.  When we got there, my grandmother told my mom and my aunt that the night before she had a dream that my Uncle George came to see her and wanted her to come visit him.  She said she kept trying to hug him but she could not reach him.  

After helping my grandmother get dressed, my mom and aunt were helping her walk out to the car.  About halfway to the car, my grandmother collapsed and went into a diabetic coma.  My dad performed CPR on her and kept her alive until the paramedics arrived.  She died shortly after arriving at the hospital.

The spooky thing about the story is, my Uncle George drowned in the early 60's.  

Everytime I think about my grandmother this comes to mind and sends chills up and down my spine and goosebumps over my body!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My family is from the hills of Western Virginia up in coal country.  On one trip back to visit relatives, my brother and an uncle were driving late at night.  Neither had been drinking.  As they rounded a corner on a mountain road, my uncle saw a large dog off the edge of the road in the distance, walking towards the road as if to cross it.  It was too far off to be directly illuminated by the headlights, but it was big enough to see.  My uncle was driving, and slowed down so that he could better avoid hitting the dog if it did step onto the road.

As the dog walked onto the road and entered the direct beam of the headlights, it vanished.  My uncle gunned the engine and proceeded on down the road.  

A few minutes later, my brother said quietly, "I saw it too."  

My uncle replied, "Good.  I didn't want to think I was crazy."
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was standing in the middle of an aisle browsing the shelves. No other person was in the aisle. I heard the words "Watch out Dale, Dale watch out." Spoken clearly, not "in my head" or some such. Spoken.
View Quote

Reminds me of an incidence that happened about 2 years ago. My wife and I  were at Toys R Us. We walked around for about 10 minutes when a voice (Much like the one you were talking about) said, and i quote "Youre wallet is in the parking lot"

No one was around to tell me this to my face. It was kind of like a thought. Well I check my pockets and there was NO wallet. I find my wife and ask her if she has my wallet...Nope. I go out to my truck and right there next to my truck on the ground was my wallet.

I cant explain some of the things that happen but there has got to be an explanation... You have to wonder that when we pass on to the next world, Will all of lifes mysteries be answered? Like who killed JFK and the Bermuda Triangle stuff?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Went into a bookstore w/ a female friend of mine during a lunch break and found what they called an "answer book"- just had a bunch of answers typed throughout. You open a page blindly and point after asking a question. So for kicks I picked it up and had my friend ask something. She wanted to know if her husband was cheating on her. I opened the book and pointed w/out looking and read "your signifcant other is true to you"!! I put the book back.

My wife on the other hand has seen furniture move in her house growing up, and a ghost in 1800's clothing combing her hair in the bathroom. The ghost then turned around and smiled at her! Her brother used to have out of body experiences and wherever you would knock on the wall in his room...it would knock back. Her whole family saw this stuff. And I know she wouldn't lie to me..
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
A few years ago I was a Military Policeman at a base in Germany. The pagan holiday of Beltane was approaching, and the local American witches group had reserved a military recreation area for a ceremony. This group, from what I heard, was not straight wiccan, but combined that group's faith with devil worship. The group, fearing trouble with soldiers from a barracks area some few hundred yards away, requested police protection. I knew from the request schedule that I would be assigned, with a friend who was also on duty that day, to give special attention to them during my patrols. I also saw that they were using a maypole, an altar, and knives in their ceremony, and that a demon raising attempt was planned. I was surprised that the Army was providing those items to the group. I was concerned, and saw a Lutheran pastor who was a chaplain while patrolling a few days before the ceremony. Figuring that he was better than no one to talk to, I expressed my concerns about the ceremony. To my surprise, he stated that there was no danger since the group was not strong enough to raise a demon, and revealed that he was the witch's sponsor. I was still concerned, perhaps even more so, and a conversation with another friend, who was a big city policeman with years experience in high crime areas, had him telling me that he believed that he had seen some possessions during his work and that he would stay as far away as he could. He was a Roman Catholic, but I trusted his experience and judgement. On Beltane my friend and I kept as far away as possible, driving by and parking a distance away and watching from time to time. We knew from the schedule that the main ceremonies would not start until dark. At dusk the dancing and such started, and the bats exploded from the woods over the nearby lake, and the area seemed spooky and dark and evil over their chanting and dancing. My friend and I agreed that it was time to leave the area and not return. I am not sure if the impression was objective or a result of our unease and knowledge.

Could these people have raised a demon? Was there danger to us from being in the area?  My friends and I noted an increase in arrests in the general park area after that day, from almost none to a few times a week, but that could have been because the weather was getting warmer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top