Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 5:28:39 AM EDT
Well the telecommunications company I work for is having layoffs today.  No announcements to staff, but the rummor mill pegged it right.  No one knows numbers, but they have already started the parade of people to the conference rooms to get the axe.   Can't get into any of my network elements  nor email....so I get to sit and wait to see if I get called.....I know God has a plan for me, but this waiting bites.  Will keep my friends and family here posted on what happens.   On the up side I keep in mind what Judge Schmale said in CaddyShack; "The world needs ditch diggers too son."

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear it dude,

I expect the axe to fall any day myself

luck,

dave
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a bad sign when they cut off your network access...

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Man what a morning....of my group of eight, I was told we would lose 2.  Watched one of my friends take it in the head, and then 20 min later they called me in...DOH!   Oh well now am at home updating the old resume.   Don't know how much I will be on here, but we will see what happens.   I'd been at FOCAL since Aug 99, when I left teaching.  I dont know if I will stay tech or go back to teaching or go to work with one of my neighbors who is an electrian.  Just hate sitting at home on my butt.   Well gonna go get the feelers out...and see what is out there.....

Which sounds better?

1.  Good morning and welcome to Walmart.

2.  Would you like to supersize that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Which sounds better?

1.  Good morning and welcome to Walmart.

2.  Would you like to supersize that?
View Quote

Don't laugh, I have people I have worked with who are now at CompUSA and Home Depot - The market is shit, especially for Tech people...
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well the telecommunications company I work for is having layoffs today.  No announcements to staff, but the rummor mill pegged it right.  No one knows numbers, but they have already started the parade of people to the conference rooms to get the axe.   Can't get into any of my network elements  nor email....so I get to sit and wait to see if I get called.....I know God has a plan for me, but this waiting bites.  Will keep my friends and family here posted on what happens.   On the up side I keep in mind what Judge Schmale said in CaddyShack; "The world needs ditch diggers too son."

View Quote

I nolonger have any trouble telling people that I was in telecomm before the big dump,was making over 70k and now about 20.

Thats ok,I only have 6 months of school left and they called me back two weeks ago and I got to tell them to get f*ed.

On to bigger and better stuff,it's not fun but you will find you can a tuff SOB and thats the best skill of all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry I didn't see the thread in time... my advice would have been: START STEALING OFFICE SUPPLIES! I hope you did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Which sounds better?

1. Good morning and welcome to Walmart.

2. Would you like to supersize that?

View Quote

Whatever it takes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top