Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 9:11:09 PM EDT
Just saw an ad on CNN for Wolf Bizer reports.  The topic of the show?  "Is the Maryland sniper a person with extraordinary skill or an average person with extremely powerful weapons?  We also expose how easy it is to buy lethal hardware in your neighborhood."  
(I did paraphase this)
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/assets/Grenade.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The Maryland sniper: Sharpshooter or average person with a sophisticated rifle? Find out who has access to high-tech weapons.
View Quote

That's the actual quote from one of the promos on the website, and I already sent the producers an email, suggesting that they focus on the deranged shooter and not on demonizing whatever rifle he's using.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I saw the previews for that last night. It is for the Wolf Blitzer show today at 5pm EST. i couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Is this sniper a very skilled shooter, or somebody who has very sophisticated weaponry". (Or something along those lines).

Stupid me thinking skill was the only way possible. I didn't know there where such neat-o guns that you could tell the gun where to shoot and it will hit what you want. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't have a lot of time, but I could not find the link on the cnn.com web site. If someone could post a link, I would be sure to put in my .02
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, the premise of skilled shooter vs. sophisticated rifle makes some sense, but it's too simple a topic for a show.  

If it turns out the guy is using iron sights, he's a pretty skilled shooter.

If it turns out it's a scoped bolt action, it could be my grandmother.  

That's a pretty short show.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
What exactly is a high tech weapon anyway? Are there those new computer controlled aiming systems I slept through?

Here is the link to the page:

[url]http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/wolf.blitzer.reports/[/url]

Join Wolf for complete coverage of the sniper menacing the Washington, D.C. area. How safe are U.S. schools? How easy is it to buy high-tech weapons? We'll have in-depth reports, and a profile of Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose. We'll also speak with Montgomery County executive Doug Duncan for the latest on the investigation. Plus, a look at the Iraq debate on Capitol Hill. Tune in at 5 p.m. ET.
View Quote

These mucking forons. [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, I'll invite em over and show em some real hardware.

Now where did I put that crate with the 1919 in it????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top