Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 3:53:35 PM EDT
[url]www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/730igemb.asp[/url]

F..k George Bush?  No.  F..k you!!!!  too funny.

at least they were smart enough to shut up and play.

"Buzzcocks."

"YES."

(A long beat) "Never heard of them."

Before we strangled each other, Jack told me the rest of the story.

The lead singer of every band that day had gotten huge cheers in between songs by shouting things like
"ANARCHY!" or, "F--- CORPORATIONS!" or just, "S---!" and all fifty thousand kids would scream their approval,
whoop, and shove their fists into the air. Typical, I guess. Then, "Buzzcocks" came on, played their first song, and
the lead singer stepped forward and shouted this (verbatim from Jack, he wrote it down) into the mike: "F---
GEORGE BUSH! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. WE HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN IRAQ, NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS."
And here comes the good news.

There was a long pause, complete silence. And then they started. The boos. One here, one there. Then everyone.
Everyone. Louder and louder. Jack told me how the puzzled singer blinked in surprise, looked at the rest of his
band, and then stepped forward again to try to save the moment. "NO, NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I SAID F---
GEORGE BUSH. F--- HIM." The boos grew even louder, and then people began shouting back up to the stage,
"NO, MAN, F--- YOU!" "YEAH, F--- YOU, A-----E!" More and more, ceaselessly rising, until the shaken band
caucused quickly and just blasted into their next song.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to Jello Biafr spoken word concert at college once, and the opposite thing happened.  Biafra mentioned something about cops getting killed and a lot of people cheered in approval.  Biafra was actually aghast at that reaction and chided them for it.  He's at least civilized, whatever his politics are.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
jello can go pound sand! anybody who lost to diane fienstine sucks!!

yea, he's a punk rock "elvis". i respect him for that. i saw his spoken word, and the dead kennedy's years ago. his tone hasn't changed since. he's obviously still bitter & basically unknown because the FBI shit in his mess kit.

bitter because he won't forgive kalifornia for sicking the FBI on him, while at the same time, he know's kali gives tax funded sex changes to equally liberal ass clowns, while throwing his "art" to the curb. "HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!"

he became a rebublican, & can't deal with it. he's a closset rebublican! he has to shoot his mouth off to a non endearing crowd in frustration. oops! sorry jello, no more platform to spew from anymore eh? punk rock & politics are gone. all the old school punk rockers i know are voting, gun toting republicans - inspired by that politcally motivated punk rocker, jello biafra, that encouarged youngsters to vote. well. thanks jello!!

that's how it is with old schoolers in detroit anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't stand Jello for something MUCH worse than his politics.  The way he sings!  My skin crawls every time I hear that winey voice.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If he did that in San Francisco or Berkeley, people would cheer their asses off and offer to buy him lunch. Devore, CA is an entirely different world.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Good,maybe some youg folks will be oki after all.
"no-f...you is not that great but I'll take it,it's better that the other crap you get out of that demo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top