Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2013 9:53:23 PM EDT
Link

Philadelphia police want to warn the public about "a dangerous high-powered weapon" linked to the shootings of four different people in two separate incidents.

The shootings happened in one week, all in the same neighborhood, and all with an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I remember a time when AK's were the original "assault rifle" to be feared by the masses. Vietnam vets, who were then postal employees, would use them to shoot up kids on playgrounds and such.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ramsey says "no one needs this type of rifle" well I am not going to bring a revolver up against an AK.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ramsey says "no one needs this type of rifle" well I am not going to bring a revolver up against an AK.

Right?  It would almost be like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I'd need more than a handgun to go against what arguably is the rifle that has killed more people than any other, to even begin to feel comfortable ( not that I'd be comfortable in a gunfight at all ).
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an AK? That will make you REALLY dead. Hopefully it's just an SKS which kills you less.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta love the AK
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Gee, and that asshat ramsey didn't even mention the M16 (yes full auto), that one of his boys stole. took home, whatever, FROM the PPD.   DOINK!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had been at the presser, I would've been a smart ass and asked, could'nt it have been an SKS or an AR-15 in 7.62x39?
I think that is why they hated me in that newsroom.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right?  It would almost be like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I'd need more than a handgun to go against what arguably is the rifle that has killed more people than any other, to even begin to feel comfortable ( not that I'd be comfortable in a gunfight at all ).

Careful.

Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful.

* noted
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]
They should keep an eye on that neighborhood, maybe the guy who keeps shooting people there...lives there?

Also, if I was a betting man i'd bet the shooter did not vote for Romney, doesn't buy cases of ammo online, and doesn't have membership at a shooting club or support the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I expect that the Lee-Enfield, Mauser 98, and Mosin-Nagant have all been used to kill more people than the AK.
The Arisaka Type 38 is probably up there as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd throw a bet on the old maxim gun(and its offshoots) as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's an AK? That will make you REALLY dead. Hopefully it's just an SKS which kills you less.

I'd suggest that it might be a Mini-30, except that apparently they've actually hit the people they were shooting at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top