Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2013 1:53:46 PM EDT
They all (3) appear to be "American", all speak good English, and are all polite.  And they keep turning down the beer that I bring out!  (it's shitty corona, but still)

What is wrong with this world?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Que
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your wife exhausted?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They all (3) appear to be "American", all speak good English, and are all polite.  And they keep turning down the beer that I bring out!  (it's shitty corona, but still)

What is wrong with this world?

They are illegal immigrants from Canada.

Should have offered them Labott Blue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in construction and have noticed in the last 20 years or so that drinking on the job (after work is done) has really fallen off. When I started in the trades,we always got some brews on Friday afternoon while the boss gave us our checks.

Now, I haven't seen a beer can on a jobsite in a long, long time. I don't drink anymore but a lot of the newer,younger guys working don't drink either.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a van parked across the street and the cable guy still on the roof? Has the helicopter left?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in construction and have noticed in the last 20 years or so that drinking on the job (after work is done) has really fallen off. When I started in the trades,we always got some brews on Friday afternoon while the boss gave us our checks.
Now, I haven't seen a beer can on a jobsite in a long, long time. I don't drink anymore but a lot of the newer,younger guys working don't drink either.

I'm an electrican/EC, haven't noticed any change though I don't drink on the job.  If I were a landscaper removing leaves and moving a pile of dirt, I'd be falling on my ass drunk.  

And it's now 637 and they are still loading leaves and moving dirt.  No helicopters in the vicinity....
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an electrican/EC, haven't noticed any change though I don't drink on the job.  If I were a landscaper removing leaves and moving a pile of dirt, I'd be falling on my ass drunk.  

And it's now 637 and they are still loading leaves and moving dirt.  No helicopters in the vicinity....

Lol. When I would work on the weekends, people were always offering me beer while I was working. I always declined because I didn't want to cut my hand off. Not to mention once I started, I didn't want to stop.Hence the reason I no longer drink.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Your about to get robbed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Hardworking souls that don't want to lose their jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top