Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:49:49 AM EDT
Set up the pool for summer.  Having one issue.

The pool water level is falling below the skimmer.  I am guessing a hole in the liner. I hope not, sounds like a pain in the ass.

BUT,

I also noticed the return line from the pump and filter back to the pool leaked a little bit.  

When the pump is off,  could the water be backing up the return pipe and leaking out?  

It would have to lift about 4 feet from the inlet opening to the area of the leak.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Set up the pool for summer.  Having one issue.

The pool water level is falling below the skimmer.  I am guessing a hole in the liner. I hope not, sounds like a pain in the ass.

BUT,

I also noticed the return line from the pump and filter back to the pool leaked a little bit.  

When the pump is off,  could the water be backing up the return pipe and leaking out?  

It would have to lift about 4 feet from the inlet opening to the area of the leak.

if you get in, walk around and the ground is soft then yes you have a hole in the liner.

The water cant back up going up hill, but it could leak while the pump is running  
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it did leak while the pump is running, but the pump could not suck the water below the skimer.  

Hence, I think I have a leak.

Guess it is time to go swimming......  Water is 62 degrees.

This is an inground pool, so the soft under may not apply.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Bulldoze the pool they arent worth the trouble. When my pool has a ripped liner or a pump dies or whatever, thats it, its gone.

ETA: above ground, an in ground would be harder to remove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top