Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2013 3:53:35 AM EDT
I am not a fan of W, but by comparison , he outshined everyone on that stage.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/w-outclasses-barack-and-bill-without-even-trying/
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I respect W.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I respect W.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I am a fan of the man and somewhat of W as president. Nation building, Homeland security and bailout were not his highpoints. Otherwise, i liked W as POTUS.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a fan of the person but remember we had to fight him on Dubai ports deal and Amnesty and securing the border then he created Dept of Fatherland Security.

Dems never had to write letters to Obama to stop his Agenda.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes he is in a class of his own. If anyone else would ever want to be a member of that class is another matter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I respect W.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:07:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I like this picture, look at how G.W. Bush stands compared to obama.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The only mistakes W made all involved caving in to the petulant and insane demands of the lefties.

We have had three great Presidents in my adult lifetime.   One named Reagan, and two named Bush.

Of the democratic Presidents we've had,  the best I can say for or about any of them is that Clinton didn't fuck things up beyond all hope of repair.

But he certainly made some messes.

Carter was an idiot, and apparently, still is.   Obama is a narcissistic fool and complete stoolie for those who pull his strings.  He is completely

disconnected with the idea of what an American is all about, and has no intention of learning.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://media.washtimes.com/media/image/2013/04/25/bush_11866_r640x400.jpg?5f283927f7404204a81e453b153d50eb7d86d89b

I'm surprised obama isn't waving.... douchenozzle!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://media.washtimes.com/media/image/2013/04/25/bush_11866_r640x400.jpg?5f283927f7404204a81e453b153d50eb7d86d89b

I guess the band had to put Obama's strings down while they played the instruments. He looks like a limp marionette.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Obama is just pissed cause when he gets a library it will be filled with retarded, ebt card carrying, mush mouth talking thug wanna-bes?  And it will be in Chi-town.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Still not voting for Jeb.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only mistakes W made all involved caving in to the petulant and insane demands of the lefties.

We have had three great Presidents in my adult lifetime.   One named Reagan, and two named Bush.

Of the democratic Presidents we've had,  the best I can say for or about any of them is that Clinton didn't fuck things up beyond all hope of repair.

Carter was an idiot, and apparently, still is.   Obama is a narcissistic fool and complete stoolie for those who pull his strings.  He is completely
disconnected with the idea of what an American is all about, and has no intention of learning.

I don't believe he was born here, or ever raised in the USA, or had parents who were even Americans. I say this only because I've never ever seen anyone that has absolutely no understanding of what America is, how it Runs, why it runs like that, Who the people are, where they came from, Why and How and what it means and why they are they way they are.

He acts as if he lives in a completely foreign culture. In fact throughout my time on this earth. I've only seen this behavior from people who were not born here and never raised in the USA system of governemnt.

We really do have a very different mindset from the rest of the world.  This view of mine has nothing to do with the birther stuff just my observations of the man.

Not that it matters, but it really shows off the Wisdom of the founding fathers when they said only Native born citizens can be President. They knew what the were doing was unique and would always be that way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:28:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Respect is earned not given George W. Bush earned his respect.  He was a good President and I was proud to have him as commander and chief.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I respect W.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I wish Barbara Bush was president.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Respect is earned not given George W. Bush earned his respect.  He was a good President and I was proud to have him as commander and chief.

This, big time!  If only most Americans could live their lives with W's moral character and committment to country.
Cheers W, I personally miss you!

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#18]
While I don't agree with many of his presidential decisions, he does have my respect.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
He faced some serious challenges as President beyond what most Presidents in recent history have had to face and I believe he did his best always with an eye toward doing what was best for the nation.

Iraq was a mess, no doubt, but he did the right thing and pushed to leave it a better place than we found it. I think we did.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Like many I disagree with some of his decisions but I respect him and he showed himself to be a true man of class and dignity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Meh, class act if you are for doubling the size of the fed govmt. Expanding the Dept of Ed. Starting the great bailouts.  Destroying personal liberties through the Patriot act. Sending the Solicitor General to SCOTUS to argue in Heller v DC that the 2A ratified in the 1700s was meant for the National Guard that was formed in the 1900s. And involving us in Wars that at this point have no clear mission or sense of direction.

And yes, unfortunately he is probably the best one on the stage.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Far from the brightest, but better than the Kenyan.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#23]
He loves America
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Meh, class act if you are for doubling the size of the fed govmt. Expanding the Dept of Ed. Starting the great bailouts.  Destroying personal liberties through the Patriot act. Sending the Solicitor General to SCOTUS to argue in Heller v DC that the 2A ratified in the 1700s was meant for the National Guard that was formed in the 1900s. And involving us in Wars that at this point have no clear mission or sense of direction.

And yes, unfortunately he is probably the best one on the stage.

+87
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a fan and sure miss him...
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
It was nice hearing him speak again cracking the occasional joke just being himself etc. A breath of fresh air compared to obummer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am a fan of the man and somewhat of W as president. Nation building, Homeland security and bailout were not his highpoints. Otherwise, i liked W as POTUS.

I agree with that.

I hope history is good to W.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm happy to say that he was my Commander in Chief the entire time I served.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I had the honor of meeting him when my unit deployed for Hurricane Katrina.

my only annoyance is that he called me KIDDO...like HOW YA DOING KIDDO and gave me a big texas handshake....

I would have just liked my name and rank...it's on the front of me and also my name.

Otherwise..a great president and proud to have served under him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#30]
He was a good President, I am honored to have served under him.
The disagreements I had were with some of his domestic policies, trying to be all things to all people.
I think he was so consumed with the GWOT that he allowed the Dems to set him up on some domestic issues so they could take back the Whitehouse.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#31]
A few issues that I disagree with president Bush on, but I truly think he loves America.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wish Barbara Bush was president.  

Given that she dealt with W when he was young and irresponsible, I imagine a Barbara Bush presidency with some trepidation. The can of whoop-ass that she could open, and probably did open on not one, but two sitting presidents, may be more than the rest of the world is ready to accept.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#34]
yesterday truly made me say; i miss him!~
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#35]
A great, and moral man that truly loves his country. He has flaws like any other president, but I believe that everything he did, he truly believed was the best for our country. I miss him.

Flame all you want, this is the first time in my life I'm not proud to be an American.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Compared to what we have now, I miss Nixon.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe he was born here, or ever raised in the USA, or had parents who were even Americans. I say this only because I've never ever seen anyone that has absolutely no understanding of what America is, how it Runs, why it runs like that, Who the people are, where they came from, Why and How and what it means and why they are they way they are.

He acts as if he lives in a completely foreign culture. In fact throughout my time on this earth. I've only seen this behavior from people who were not born here and never raised in the USA system of governemnt.

We really do have a very different mindset from the rest of the world.  This view of mine has nothing to do with the birther stuff just my observations of the man.

Not that it matters, but it really shows off the Wisdom of the founding fathers when they said only Native born citizens can be President. They knew what the were doing was unique and would always be that way.

Obama is also the first COMPLETELY urban president, with absolutely NO connection to the natural environment. This is why he believes and elevates to positions of power crackpot environmentalists and espouses their wacko agendas. Think about this. Bushes were ranchers and landowners and in energy production, Clinton was from rural Arkansas and exposed to farming at the very least. Reagan was an avid outdoorsman. Carter was (is) an idiot, but he at least knew something about food prodduction. Obama has never been exposed to any of this. He's never hunted and then eaten wild game in the same day, or farmed anything,  or produced ANY kind of commodity other than bullshit rhetoric.Hell, I'm not a gambler, but I'd wager he's never even plucked a chicken, much less killed one.

All this is to say that this is part of the reason for his delusional view of natural processes and the idea that we must regulate the fuck out of everything "for the chirrens"... the left and Obama see mankind as existing seperate from the environment rather than as a part of it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bush, Clinton, and Bush Sr. all look like former Presidents in that picture. Carter looks like an old, worn out stand up comedian and Obama, like someone else said earlier in this thread, looks like a limp marionette.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Obama is just pissed cause when he gets a library it will be filled with retarded, ebt card carrying, mush mouth talking thug wanna-bes?  And it will be in Chi-town.

don't forget Michelle's Strap On

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#40]
So much of criticism of Bush from the Left was horseshit.  Obama does the same things or worse, and there's almost no criticism from them.  The ridiculous non-scandals they hyperventilated about (Valerie Plame, DOJ attorney firings) were nothing compared the outrages Obama and Holder routinely commit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Compared to what we have now, I miss Nixon.

Don't miss him too hard

There's a human instinct to lionize the leaders, it must have been some tribal survival skill in olden times

But this country is an experiment wherein the government serves the voters, who are the actual government.

the voters have completely abandoned their responsibility and the government is run by the ultra-rich and influential

it's upside down and every year the country teeters closer to total ruin because of it.

every one of the guys on stage had his hand in expanding the power of government

presently this country is one yard away from turning into a seedy social democracy, in a state of permanent war, ruled by propaganda and owned entirely by an elite class of the hyper-wealthy

the middle class is being destroyed and the slum dwellers are becoming the predominant politicial power in this country

what's down the road?   George orwell's 1984 - lowly uneducated slum dwellers, an enslaved middle class of educated technicians, and an elite of hyper wealthy, all justified by the state of constant war

it's  hard for me to be the cheerleader for the guys who made this happen, they all had a sacred duty to prevent it
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama is also the first COMPLETELY urban president, with absolutely NO connection to the natural environment. This is why he believes and elevates to positions of power crackpot environmentalists and espouses their wacko agendas. Think about this. Bushes were ranchers and landowners and in energy production, Clinton was from rural Arkansas and exposed to farming at the very least. Reagan was an avid outdoorsman. Carter was (is) an idiot, but he at least knew something about food prodduction. Obama has never been exposed to any of this. He's never hunted and then eaten wild game in the same day, or farmed anything,  or produced ANY kind of commodity other than bullshit rhetoric.Hell, I'm not a gambler, but I'd wager he's never even plucked a chicken, much less killed one.

All this is to say that this is part of the reason for his delusional view of natural processes and the idea that we must regulate the fuck out of everything "for the chirrens"... the left and Obama see mankind as existing seperate from the environment rather than as a part of it.

what a bunch of total nonsense

why do you guys keep pretending that we had good leadership up until Obama?

In a lot of ways GWB was a worse president than Obama - GWB ran up the debt and vastly increased the power of the government in a very skillful way

Obama's gift to this country is his arrogance and incompetence - it's impossible to blind yourself to his attempt to destroy and transform the US

if somebody strung you guys up by the neck from a tree, you'd die with a smile on your face if the murderer had a cowboy hat on

we are all the proverbial frog in the slowly heated pot of water.   Obama turned the heat up enough that the frogs are alarmed

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Not at all

GWB was absolutely correct when he declared "mission accomplished".

The mission was to enslave the middle class with massive unpayable debt.

So we engaged in an endless war that has already cost 60 times what it was projected to cost.

That's like your wife going to buy a new car for $33K and coming home with a car that cost $2M.

And you guys just cannot get enough of it, like a dog lapping up it's own puke.

Wake up.  It's puke.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am not a fan of W, but by comparison , he outshined everyone on that stage.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/w-outclasses-barack-and-bill-without-even-trying/

In before the frothing foaming at the mouth hatred.

Too late
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Look at the distance between Bush and the Prez.  LOL

He'd rather be closer to Clinton!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Bush was a leader. I did not agree with all his decisions but he had a moral compass and led by that. Clinton did not and neither does Obama. They both lead by polls.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Didn't read all the other posts.

Here is what I have to say about W.

When politicians get into power, there is an obvious divide between what the see, what they want, and what actually happens.  There is an obvious divide between the elected class and your everyday citizen.  With that being said, Bush was a man of principle.  Whether you agreed with him or not, he was constant.  You knew how he would/did stand and you didn't have to worry about him changing his views.

Though he didn't have the Charisma, of lets say Reagen....he did have the love for the people that Reagen had.  I truly believe that Bush did not and still does not see himself "above" any man in this nation.  That my friends..is truly something you just do not see politicians anymore....

I was in 7th grade.  I still remember when he told that man to stand there with him...As an equal....

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Prepare to have suprise affections placed against your colon by the Libertarians
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#50]
"...there was one last classy move not many saw. The program nearly over, Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. came to the side of the stage to perform the “Star Spangled Banner.” A big, powerful black man, Mr. Powell belted out the anthem. With the crowd applauding, the sergeant moved along the line of people, shaking hands with all. After greeting W, he turned to go. But the 43rd president put his hand on the sergeant’s arm and said, “Stay,” just as a chaplain stepped forward to give a benediction.

So the final tableau of the day: Five presidents, five first ladies, heads bowed in prayer. And Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. No one, really, just the man a president asked to “stay."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top