Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2013 12:11:27 PM EDT
Got this in my email this afternoon.  Someone subscribed my email to these idiots... kinda glad they did as I get some really good info that has proved useful against them in the past... though these asswipes are really out of touch with any concept of reality.  I haven't gone to the link in the quoted email but it might be worth trolling.  Not sure though.  Anyway, here's the newest bullshit from MAIG.

Under our current law, a suspected terrorist on the FBI's No-Fly List can't board an airplane -- but they can still legally purchase guns and explosives.

This loophole, known as the “Terror Gap,” is a threat to public safety that Congress needs to address immediately.

Demand Action: Click here to tell Congress to close the terror gap.

The events in Boston last week reminded us that people on the FBI's terrorist watch lists -- such as Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- can be extremely dangerous.

We don’t yet know how Tsarnaev purchased his gun, but we do know that people on the FBI's terrorist watch lists tried to buy guns and explosives 1,453 times between February 2004 and December 2010.1

Suspected terrorists should be prohibited from purchasing guns and explosives just like felons, domestic abusers, and the severely mentally ill. And we should require a criminal background check for all gun sales to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people.

Click on the link below to automatically sign our petition telling Congress to close the terror gap immediately:

http://www.terrorgap.org/sign/terror-gap/

For more than five years, legislation -- originally drafted by the Bush Administration -- has been pending in Congress that would close the Terror Gap. But the NRA has fought to keep this dangerous loophole open.

It’s time for Congress to stand up to the gun lobby and put public safety and national security ahead of a special interest.

Thank you,

Mayors Against Illegal Guns

And...

My response.  

Are you people really this fucking stupid?  Let's look at the facts.  The Boston bombers had one handgun that was illegally purchased.  They did not have permits, they didn't go through NICS, the gun was acquired through the black market.  How would universal background checks have stopped that?  It wouldn't since they avoided that route in the first place.

On to explosives...  Are you going to require background checks to buy bleach?  How about fertilizer?  How about Ammonia?  Hell, let's throw all cleaning products on the list.  Oh, don't forget sugar and grain and gas and diesel and kerosene..

If you people really believe your rhetoric, you're not fit to serve in any capacity of leadership.  "Terror Gap"???  Really?  That's the most retarded, stupid bullshit buzz phrase I've heard from gun grabbers yet.

Please, respond, tell me how your proposal would have stopped the Boston Bombers.  I won't hold my breath though.  So, I'm going to put this on the internet and make it go viral and show everyone just how uneducated and pathetic you people are.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The Terror Gap sounds like a horror movie about subway stations.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been running this crap for a while.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The 50 or so members of maig have been collectively arrested more than all 30k or so arfcom members.
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#4]
And yet, we have 3 year olds on the no fly terror watch list............
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Mr. President, we must not allow... a Terror gap!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]

SUSPECTED pedophiles should be prohibited from using the internet to stalk their prey.  I suspect these people of pederasty.  Done and Done.  Thank me later.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
How many were prosecuted?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the terror gap was between Pelosi's hips
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Terror gap?  You mean that big gap to the south that's a couple thousand miles long?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought the terror gap was between Pelosi's hips

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Maig= mayors all in gaol.
Nice criminal histories scattered throughout their membership.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You know...that is not a bad kernell of an idea.  And in depth look into the backgrounds of the anti-gun folks with an eye to previous criminal activities.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
What other rights would they like restricted based upon having your name placed on a secret list by an unknown and unaccountable bureaucrat, without any judicial process, and which list you cannot know you are on and cannot have yourself removed from?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]

We don’t yet know how Tsarnaev purchased his gun, but we do know that people on the FBI's terrorist watch lists tried to buy guns and explosives 1,453 times between February 2004 and December 2010.1
Mayors Against Illegal Guns

They cock-blocked their own hysteria with the word "tried"..

"... people on the FBI's terrorist watch lists were prevented from buying guns and explosives 1,435 times between February 2004 and December 2010.1"

Reading between the lines, this means that the FBI's no-fly list is already linked to the NICS, so it's more utter bullshit from Bloomberg's Gang of Illegal Mayors.

I'd like to know what they constitute as "explosives". They make it sound like I can pop down to my local gun shop for a few grenades and a pound of C4.

Believers of that propaganda crap would be horrified if they used the London Underground system - when the subway trains pull into some stations, there is a loudspeaker system that chants "MIND THE GAP... MIND THE GAP..." - they'd probably run for cover.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My response.  
<snip>
Are you people really this fucking stupid?
</snip>

They're not stupid. They're devious, conniving, and tactically brilliant. They know that the low-information majority buys into their propaganda. Their goal is not to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists -- it's to keep guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.

You know that -- MAIG knows that you know that -- and they don't give a shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Suspected terrorists should be prohibited from purchasing guns and explosives just like felons, domestic abusers, and the severely mentally ill...

...and people on prescription drugs, and jaywalkers, and taxidermists named "Edgar", and...
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The 50 or so members of maig have been collectively arrested more than all 30k or so arfcom members.
Fuck them.

The Most Users Online Was 15,546 On 4/24/2013 9:45:06 PM EDT.
We have 350,859 registered members, 261,522 are active accounts.
The last account created was m14canuk.

We roll deeper than 30K, brah.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#19]
The libs would shit doughnuts if we tried to limit the first amendment freedoms of people based on a secret blacklist that can't be appealed or examined.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know...that is not a bad kernell of an idea.  And in depth look into the backgrounds of the anti-gun folks with an eye to previous criminal activities.

Yeah, if I had the time and skill, I'd find and make a video of perp walks of the MAIG criminals. It would be a hoot to post it on Youtube and have it go viral.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if I had the time and skill, I'd find and make a video of perp walks of the MAIG criminals. It would be a hoot to post it on Youtube and have it go viral.

That's actually not a bad idea at all.  

I'm going to have to start looking for the list of mayors that belong to that hate group.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actually not a bad idea at all.  

I'm going to have to start looking for the list of mayors that belong to that hate group.

It'd be nice if the NRA would get on that.  They have the resources to get it done...like last week. It'd be nice to expose all these fuuckers for who and what they really are.  If them being a bunch of freedom-fucking commies aint bad enough maybe them in jump suits will do the trick.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Terror Gap sounds like a horror movie about subway stations.

I was thinking The Terror Gap sounds like the space between The Wookie's thighs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck them.

The Most Users Online Was 15,546 On 4/24/2013 9:45:06 PM EDT.
We have 350,859 registered members, 261,522 are active accounts.
The last account created was m14canuk.

We roll deeper than 30K, brah.

Lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Not to derail....the Bomber boy's gun was not purchased legally or otherwise...we don't know where it came from.

The serial is filed off. It is suspected to possibly be from the three boys house that were mysteriously murdered, the house that one of the victims was Bomber boy#1s best friend.

Bomber# 1 did not go to the funeral btw.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not to derail....the Bomber boy's gun was not purchased legally or otherwise...we don't know where it came from.

The serial is filed off. It is suspected to possibly be from the three boys house that were mysteriously murdered, the house that one of the victims was Bomber boy#1s best friend.

I don't think you can file off a # enough that they can't find it out...now i'm not sure how that would work on say a glock if you popped that metal tag out..shit forgot that number is stamped on the barrel too...I guess you could pop the tab and replace the barrel...but these fuckers really don't seem that bright.  I mean they fired off 2 bombs and only killed 3 people.  Pretty weak sauce.

ETA: I just checked..and the glocks have the number stamped on the slide and barrel...and from what I understand even if you grind them away they can still get the serial with some lab work....is that real or CSI stuff?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you can file off a # enough that they can't find it out...now i'm not sure how that would work on say a glock if you popped that metal tag out..shit forgot that number is stamped on the barrel too...I guess you could pop the tab and replace the barrel...but these fuckers really don't seem that bright.  I mean they fired off 2 bombs and only killed 3 people.  Pretty weak sauce.

ETA: I just checked..and the glocks have the number stamped on the slide and barrel...and from what I understand even if you grind them away they can still get the serial with some lab work....is that real or CSI stuff?

Defacing/removal of the SN is a crime.  The "CSI" methods of SN restoration are real but as has been mentioned on here before if the criminal grinds deep enough and/or repeatedly hits the same area with a punch to impact stress similar to the striking of the SN it will defeat those methods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top