Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2013 3:47:17 PM EDT
I had always heard the MHP were straight arrows.  Is that still the case?

One was involved in a possibly crooked arrest.  

The Trooper pulled an individual over for a light out on the license plate.  Smelled beer, performed a breathalyzer.  Came out exactly .80...then the local LEO showed up.  Local LEO entered the truck, removed a laptop.  Searched the individual, found a very small (considerably less than a gram) of pot.  Apparently, this all took place out of sight of the dash cam.  There are multiple witnesses to the entire incident.

Now, the laptop has disappeared, and the pot has suddenly become 35 grams.

The question, now that the lawyers are getting involved, is should they be looking at the local LEO only, or the Trooper also?

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
In before more to the story ding dongs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In before more to the story ding dongs.

I don't know if there is or not.  That was the full story presented to me.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The police are here to protect you. Now pick up that can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Still waiting for the Form 4 to come back.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure there could be a bad apple in the bunch , BUT , in my LIMITED run-ins with them  they ALL have been VERY PROFESSIONAL.

On a side note , when they rolled the DOT into the HP , the DOT made a 180 turn from being a bunch of @%@&*! , to a standard, close to the HP. EXCELLENT move IMO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The first time I ever got pulled over, it was a MO trooper. I was 18, it was ~0230 on a Tuesday in June of '05, and I was in the middle of nowhere on US-50 in my '85 F-150. I was very speed conscious at that point in my life because I rolled into several speed traps where I should have been pulled over and ticketed hard, but somehow didn't even get stopped. Because of this, I had the cruise set at 64. My high beams were on, viability was good, and I was wide awake.  The only other vehicle on the road was ~1/2 mile behind me and not really gaining any ground. As I crested a hill, I could see too MSHP cars on a side road pretty far out there, but I knew I wasn't speeding, so I wasn't concerned. After I passed them, one turned out and pulled me over. While I was waiting for the trooper to approach my truck, the guy behind me got pulled over by the other trooper.

The trooper asked my for my license and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I had no fuckin' clue. He said I weaved across the line, asked me to step out of my pickup, and gave me a field sobriety test. Five minutes or so later, I was on my way.

I'm pretty sure he pulled me over simply because it was 0230, and I was there. He was hoping he'd find something, but me, my truck, and my passengers were clean.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]

JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri's database of concealed weapon permits was twice given to federal authorities investigating Social Security disability fraud in a move that has enraged lawmakers already angry over potential abuses in a new driver's licensing system.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Col. Ron Replogle was questioned for nearly an hour this morning by the Senate Appropriations Committee after he revealed to Chairman Kurt Schaefer yesterday that his agency had turned over the data.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I've known a few MO Troopers personally.  They were all very straight arrows, but that was a long time ago.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had always heard the MHP were straight arrows.  Is that still the case?

It is unwise to ever think ANY population is 100% one way or another.  Maybe the average department has 99.9% honest cops while the MHP has 99.99%.  You still are going to have a crooked one here and there.  It's human nature.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The ones I know are very straight, but as noted above there are always exceptions.  The CCW thing is a hell of a black eye for everyone involved and the scandal is growing.  They are even trying to get the governor to testify relative to it.  

Oh, and I am laughing at the guys trying to hijack any LE related thread with stupidity.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting for the Form 4 to come back.

lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top