Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2013 11:54:05 AM EDT
GE Capital (GE +2.5%) cuts off lending to gun shops in response to public backlash since the Sandy Hook shootings. Though the company isn't the first financial firm to back away from involvement with the gun industry, the development puts the spotlight back on sellers such as Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.4%), Wal-Mart (WMT -1.2%), and Cabela's (CAB +0.9%) which could see more foot traffic. It's also of interest to gun manufacturers Smith & Wesson (SWHC +0.8%) and Sturn Ruger (RGR -0.8%) - wallowing around with relatively low P-E ratios with future demand tough to forecast.

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/964971?source=email_rt_mc_readmore

TXL
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Also here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1475250_GE_Capital_cuts_off_lending_to_Gunshops.html

Don't think it's a dupe though, cuz that one references a wall st journal article...
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
GE Capital (GE +2.5%) cuts off lending to gun shops in response to public backlash since the Sandy Hook shootings. Though the company isn't the first financial firm to back away from involvement with the gun industry, the development puts the spotlight back on sellers such as Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.4%), Wal-Mart (WMT -1.2%), and Cabela's (CAB +0.9%) which could see more foot traffic. It's also of interest to gun manufacturers Smith & Wesson (SWHC +0.8%) and Sturn Ruger (RGR -0.8%) - wallowing around with relatively low P-E ratios with future demand tough to forecast.

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/964971?source=email_rt_mc_readmore

TXL

Shooter's father's company
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
GE Capital handles the financing for Bud's.  Guess that's kaput now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They also handle it for Vance's in Columbus, and Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron... I have their card and I enjoy the 6 months same as cash option.   Doe's this mean that it's gone?  
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Will they stop lending to stores with pressure cookers?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Public backlash? The only people I really heard talking about it were the media and politicians.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also handle it for Vance's in Columbus, and Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron... I have their card and I enjoy the 6 months same as cash option.   Doe's this mean that it's gone?  

They back Wal-Mart's credit card.  Which is odd, since Wal-Mart has its own bank.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Dupe per OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top