Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/22/2013 2:45:55 PM EDT
So my daughter turned 2 yesterday and my fiance and I are totally against anything princess related. We go to take stuff out to the car and her aunt does this.

Somebody please kill me now, im in for a long hard road.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just the beginning.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't be too worried, she doesn't look too amused about it.

In fact she looks downright pissed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Girls  ( mostly ) do girl things.  Boys ( mostly ) do boy things.  It has been happening for a few thousand years that way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah my wife and I said the same thing. It ended before she was born.

ETA:  I don't have any princess-esque pictures but...

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It'll pass.
Soon you'll be humming along to barney or whatever passes for current kid TV entertainment and you wont even recall these times.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
She's two, she won't remember anything about that.

Just talk to the aunt about it next time. If the aunt doesn't listen, then don't leave your daughter with her.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's just the beginning.

I know, but I get to stick it to my BIL, they just found out they are having identical twin girls.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank God I have boys... 3 glorious boys!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It'll pass.
Soon you'll be humming along to barney or whatever passes for current kid TV entertainment and you wont even recall these times.....

Just thank the fucking lord you didn't have a child during the god damn Teletubby era...

The Wiggles actually really grew on me though. I still have those fucking songs stuck in my head
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh no she loves it, she just hates pictures
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Break your foot off in Aunt's ass.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just the beginning.

I know, but I get to stick it to my BIL, they just found out they are having identical twin girls.

If they were having boys, it would have been cooler - take that same exact stuff in the picture, and put them on the boys & snap pics.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll pass.

Just thank the fucking lord you didn't have a child during the god damn Teletubby era...

The Wiggles actually really grew on me though. I still have those fucking songs stuck in my head

I despise Mickey now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
First world problems......wait until the boys start callling, then you will have a sympathetic ear.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll pay it forward to others one day. My greatest thrill used to be when my nieces and nephews had birthdays coming up. Every loud annoying flashy toy and high capacity Nerf gun that could possibly piss off Mommy and Daddy came from good ol uncle Kevin Those kids fucking LOVE me
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll pass.

Fruit Salad Fruit Salad!! Yummy Yummy, Yummy Yummy!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
First world problems......wait until the boys start callling, then you will have a sympathetic ear.

Im going to put the gun safe in the living room open during those times.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Ahhh....

...it has started.

Embrace it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Give up now. Not worth the fight. No matter how many times you ask and tell people not to buy princess stuff, people will do it. Tried that route with both my daughters. No such luck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll pay it forward to others one day. My greatest thrill used to be when my nieces and nephews had birthdays coming up. Every loud annoying flashy toy and high capacity Nerf gun that could possibly piss off Mommy and Daddy came from good ol uncle Kevin Those kids fucking LOVE me

Thats a great Idea
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought an OD Glock 34 when my daughter was born.  It has one purpose.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.
So what if she dresses up like a princess when she is two.  The things people come up with to "put their foot down on"  
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Might be time to have a serious heart to heart with the aunt if this isn't where you want your child heading... down the road of "Toddlers and Tiaras"/Honeyboo-boo type derp.

Nip it in the bud! Nip it in the bud!

Hurt feeling and scorched earth heal over time; especially when you really don't GAF if they like your attitude or not ...

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
You just wait until Christmas. It's gonna look like the ferry god princess threw up in your living room. Purple and pink is going to be all you see for a while.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Question- Does her aunt know you guys don't like the princess stuff?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll pass.

My kids were into the Wiggles too

Their Christmas special had some GOOD backup dancers who didn't wear bras

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#29]
First I named my girls gender neutral names (Kaycee, Taylor). Painted the baby room blue and then we rough housed everyday. They had bigger biceps than the boys in jr high.

Then the puberty queen visited and all of my preplanning went to shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just the beginning.

Model railroad stuff.  Mom might not like it, but Dad might just agree to forgo some gender stereotyping and set them up a trainboard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#31]
The best princess related thing with my daughter was during our trip to Disney when she was 4. The wife signed her up for a breakfast with the princesses. Mommy had a hangover that morning and I took the daughter. Let me tell you Daddy likey how the princesses dressed. The wife apologized for me having to go. I simply told her she owed me. lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll pass.

Try living with Barney 24/7.

I fucking love you! You fucking love me. We are a happy family!

I shot that purple fucker and slow grilled his ass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll pass.

And then the girls in the original Hi 5 cast

It's the little things that make up for being a parent and having to watch crap on TV

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Not all the Princess stuff is bad, there's always Merida from Brave

or Rapunzel who swings a might frying pan

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#35]
How could you not like this?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#36]
It aint bad. Hell, I have almost gotten used to my little ponies
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I despise Mickey now.

Early in our kids lives some caring relative thought we should have one of those singing toothbrush holders for the kids that came in the shape of Mickey Mouse..

The ditty was so bad and drove us bonkers that in short order we hid Mickey from the kids,

" Brush Brush Brush Your Teeth
Morning Noon and Night
Up and Down and All Around
To Keep Your Smile Bright.
Uh ha!"

Argh. We couldn't TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!

The things still stashed in some closet somewhere in the house.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Enjoy it while you can. I watched my 16 year old daughter drive off in her car for the first time yesterday.

Man, where does the time go and when do the conflicting emotions of joy and indescribable pain hit equilibrium.

Shortly after my kids were born a man I heard a man on the radio say something I'll never forget. "Kids are a parents greatest source of joy and pain". He wasn't kidding.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#40]
We are just weird, I can't really explain why we don't like princess stuff. But were are not crazy to go to extremes of not letting her have princess stuff. We just don't buy it
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#41]

I have 3 girls (16 yo,18 mos & 2 mos old)

All I can say OP is welcome to HELL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Enjoy it while you can. I watched my 16 year old daughter drive off in her car for the first time yesterday.

Man, where does the time go and when do the conflicting emotions of joy and indescribable pain hit equilibrium.

Shortly after my kids were born a man I heard a man on the radio say something I'll never forget. "Kids are a parents greatest source of joy and pain". He wasn't kidding.

My son just turned 13 and is already planning for an attack on our car .
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We are just weird, I can't really explain why we don't like princess stuff. But were are not crazy to go to extremes of not letting her have princess stuff. We just don't buy it

I get it. I'll bet you're the type who don't buy into Valentine's day and all that bullshit either, right? I sure as hell don't. Pisses whatever woman I'm with off at the time but them's the bricks.

I princessed the piss out of my daughter though... Her room at that age would have given you an aneurism
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I feel your pain. At least you have 16 years of experience with a daughter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Give up now. Not worth the fight. No matter how many times you ask and tell people not to buy princess stuff, people will do it. Tried that route with both my daughters. No such luck.

I agree with this.  The fight doesn't even have to be about princess stuff.  My in-laws every near no matter how much I beg, plead, scream, cry, and go slightly nutso over our space constraints; always go overboard.

I'm just to the point of doc, drug the snot out of me so I can get through this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel your pain. At least you have 16 years of experience with a daughter.

Doesn't mean much. Mine is 12 and every time you start to think you've got them figured out and all is well they change everything up and you're back to square one. They're women for cryin out loud... They're not supposed to make any sense. And no two are alike. I am fucking dreading the next 6 years... My time has come
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Wait until she turns 14.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#49]
True, so true.
Me: "do you want your cup?"
Her: " No"
Me: (puts cup away)
Her: (starts crying).

Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Dont bitch when you turn her into a masculine lesbian then
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top