Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2002 5:46:03 PM EDT
John Oliva, a NJ Trooper took his own life this week. I had worked with John when he was in my Department. I have never meet anyone that is close to John as a man or a Police Officer.

After coming out of the Marines, John had served in several Departments, As Atlantic COunty Department of Public SAfety, Pleasantville Police, Absecon Police and finally fulfilled his dream of becaming a NJ State Trooper in 1998.

John's walls were coverd with Commendations, Awards, and Testamants to his integrity and ability as an officer.

But John was as honest as the day is long. When he was told to racially profile, told that if he did not do it, his preformance evaluations would be the worst possible.

Instead of taking the fast way to stripes, he went to IAB. In turn he lost his career, was threatened that since he had talked, he was going to be made an example of.

John took his own life. We do not know why he did it, except that he was severely depressed and had recently had a meeting with IAB. What was said was not that the NJ State Police was going to clean up it's house, on the contary, Superindent Santiago was going to cover it it up.

This is the man that Governor McGreevey had given the task of cleaning house.

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
John,
Rest in peace my LE brother
You are not alone

P806
LEO since 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top