Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 8:00:48 PM EDT
If anyons if watching SNL right now, they seem to be doing quite a few NRA skits.  I am laughing but I don't know what teh message they are saying.  Anyone else seeing this?

Keving67
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that the 2 skits so far were funny as heck.

The NRA, reminding you to take the safety off...
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No way.  I'm not changing the channel right now.

The Anna Nicole show is on.......  She ROCKS!
Not
[puke]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought that the 2 skits so far were funny as heck.

The NRA, reminding you to take the safety off...
View Quote

OK, I was hoping I wasn't the only one laughing.  Man, I never realized how much I hated that Aflak goose and carrot top.

Keving67
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I know it was just a joke, but I thought it sucked. Portraying NRA members/gun owners as irresponsible idiots who would kill another person over something stupid. I don't see this as a positive thing. In this game, they're either for us or against us. Tonight they showed they were against us to millions of viewers. I wonder if those same millions of viewers have ever heard of the Eddie Eagle program. Probably not. We were all portrayed as country bumpkin bumbling idiots, again. Maybe next week, they'll portray us as neo-Nazi skinheads. and this time they'll use an AR instead of a shotgun. We've all seen the way the AR has been porttrayed this week.

The smurf skit was great, however.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't think either skit was particularly vicious. They were both semi-funny.

A couple of years ago, Robert Smigel did a full-bowel crap on Charles Heston and the NRA in one of his "fun with real audio" cartoons — depicted Heston with the word "idiot" pasted across his forehead.

Seems to me that the NYC entertainment community's traditional hostility towards the NRA has softened in the past year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The only one I've seen was a "NRA/American Sportsmen" sketch.  John Goodman (armed with an AK) played the host.  Chris Farley was supposed to be Rush Limbaugh (armed with an HK rifle).  Mike Myers was supposed to be Ron Wood.  Phil Hartman played Charlton Heston (armed with a bazooka).  They were hunting deer and foul with automatic rifles and in the case of Charlton Heston, a bazooka.  It was the least humorous thing I think I've ever seen.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody remember the disgusting skit they did a few years ago where a madman shotup the NRA headquarters and the NRA wanted to give the gunman a medal.

Personally I liked the Simpsons episode better.

"I had a feeling of power, like God must feel when he holds a gun"
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Phil Hartman played Charlton Heston (armed with a bazooka).  They were hunting deer and foul with automatic rifles and in the case of Charlton Heston, a bazooka.  It was the least humorous thing I think I've ever seen.

USPC40
View Quote

Funny thing, Phit Hartman's deranged wife in real life murdered him with a snubby.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll agree that in the past, SNL and their skits about the NRA have been disgusting.

But I didn't feel that the ones last night were offensive. I was actually suprised, and thought they were pretty funny.

I mean, what isn't funny about shooting Carrot Top?
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anybody remember the disgusting skit they did a few years ago where a madman shotup the NRA headquarters and the NRA wanted to give the gunman a medal.
View Quote

I remember that, it was the last time I have watched SNL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Personally I liked the Simpsons episode better.

"I had a feeling of power, like God must feel when he holds a gun"
View Quote

I remember them interviewing someone from inside and saying if he held his elbow higher, he could have got better accuracy

Keving67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top