Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2013 4:21:29 PM EDT
I've worn Keen shoes for several years and just had a pair of their hiking boots delivered an hour ago.

Putting them on, I realized I've NEVER had a new pair of boots as comfortable as these. Holy shit...they feel like mid-top boots that someone else broke in.

Keen Boots

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they are good for the money. My keen hiking boots way outlasted my marrels.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Have two pair of Keen shoes - I think they look a little odd, but both are very comfy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think they are good for the money. My keen hiking boots way outlasted my marrels.

Indeed...
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a pair of keen shoes, and a pair of the sandals.
I look like a retarded hippy in the sandals, but they're so comfortable, I don't give a fuck.  They're that good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I hiked to the top of maxpatch right after walking out of the store with them.

The model I like is a little warm for summer. I might have to look at some of their other models.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've worn Keen shoes for several years and just had a pair of their hiking boots delivered an hour ago.

Putting them on, I realized I've NEVER had a new pair of boots as comfortable as these. Holy shit...they feel like mid-top boots that someone else broke in.

Keen Boots

You've never had a pair of White's boots, eh?  

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Those Keen sandals with the covered toe and running/hiking shoe like sole are the single most comfortable and versatile pair of shoes I have ever had.  I have worn those things around the country/world.  Cool, comfortable, and protective.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keen Boots

You've never had a pair of White's boots, eh?  

It's not comfortable when they pull $400 out of your ass.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
great shoes.  i have about five pairs including boots.  I wear them every day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Been wearing thier steel toe work shoes for two years now, love em.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Wear a pair of Keen safety shoes for work and they are a damn fine shoe.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep. +1
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought a pair of their work boots last year and they are the finest pair of shoes I've ever owned.

Been wearing their sandals for years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#14]
China?
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I wear them because they are comfortable but they fall apart quickly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have two pair of Keen shoes - I think they look a little odd, but both are very comfy.

Came to post this.  they last as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Love my Keens. My first pair lasted over 5 years of damn near daily wear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes they make some decent shoes that fit your feet. Keen has their advantages and disadvantages like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I love my Keen Sandals but for my boots I prefer Asolo!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love my Keen Sandals but for my boots I prefer Asolo!

BigDozer66

Now that's a bit odd as Asolo boots tend to have the European last especially at the shape of the toe. Whereas Keen has just the opposite. I think a big reason why keen is so popular is that they understood that not all feet are shaped the same. Their toes are more squared off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#21]
How is the width on those?  I have a wide forefoot (4E+ in New Balance shoes).  I have an old pair of Keen sandals from seven years ago that fit fine, but sandals are a bit different from shoes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How is the width on those?  I have a wide forefoot (4E+ in New Balance shoes).  I have an old pair of Keen sandals from seven years ago that fit fine, but sandals are a bit different from shoes.

If you are a legit 4E then they are too narrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Two pair here, Gypsum hikers.

Summit County

Both pairs felt great right out of the box.  The Summit County isn't the warmest boot for just standing around in the cold, but if your walking they are fine, I actually bought them for snowshoeing, but I use them for just taking my winter walks as well.  3 winters on them so far and they are holding up fine.

But when it gets really cold, I break out these.
Trans Alaskas from Cabela's.

They definitely need to be broken in, they are heavy, they are clunky, they are warm.  Stand outside on ice all day long, warm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to be a big Vasquez fan when they made stuff here. Last pair was made in Vietnam and was absolute crap, wore for shit and deconstructed after a year of use. I have a pair of Keen sandals that seem ok but are not very comfortable but I have a big, flat foot so YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used to be a big Vasquez fan when they made stuff here. Last pair was made in Vietnam and was absolute crap, wore for shit and deconstructed after a year of use. I have a pair of Keen sandals that seem ok but are not very comfortable but I have a big, flat foot so YMMV.

Vasquez? Wasn't she in "Aliens"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#26]
The only pair I had was garbage.  I'll never buy a pair again.

Glad you like yours though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Those Keen sandals with the covered toe and running/hiking shoe like sole are the single most comfortable and versatile pair of shoes I have ever had.  I have worn those things around the country/world.  Cool, comfortable, and protective.

Which model?  Socks, or no socks?
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I am fan of Keen.

In the summer all I wear are Keens.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Keens in the summer, Chippewas in the winter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Vaque Sundowners were made in Italy. Earlier Clarions as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I felt the same way about my first pair of Keens (which happened to be my last). Soles started coming apart within 2 months of wear. No hiking or anything, just daily wear.

Went to Lowa's, and have been impressed so far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vasquez? Wasn't she in "Aliens"?

Damn autocorrect.....VASQUE!
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which model?  Socks, or no socks?

Newport.

No socks.  My daughters would kill me
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I have 10 pairs of them
Sandals, two different styles
Steel toe work boots
Hikers
Snow boots
Brown Brooklyn
Black Brooklyn
Two tone brown Brooklyn
Brown casual shoes
Black casual shoes

Love em,
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are a legit 4E then they are too narrow.

Well, I'm not surprised.  Most companies' wide-width shoes are still too narrow for me across the forefoot and toe area.  Keen's always looked like they would be a better shape for my foot, and since the sandals worked for me, I figured the boots might, too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I have two pair, Keen's seem to be a little wider than other hiking boots and fit me great.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#37]
The pair I got last night is my fourth pair of Keen's that I've had.

My daily work shoes are steel-toed Keen's and are the most comfortable safety shoe I've ever worn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top