Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 2:56:11 PM EDT
Hello everyone, how is everyone doing? I have been reading this board for about a month now, and need help making a decision. I have a decided to pick up an ar15, and have a few questions.. #1 I would like to get a bushmaster and would like to know which one would be a good pick.. I want one that has the classic m16 look to it so I am looking at either the xm15-e2s m4/shorty/ or 20 inch.. The rifle would be for plinking, and home defense, and general SHTF duties, must be able to use all general .223 and 5.65mm rounds. DO I want a heavy barrel or a light barrel. What is the difference. If I go with the 20 inch is there a f/s like the a2 bird cage flash or a muzzle brake I can put on it just for the cool factor. what kind of twist rate should I get I am guessing  the 1/9.. please any suggestions would be appreciated.. Thank you for you help and time.. (please excuse any bad grammer)
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello and welcome to the site.  You have chosen a particularly unusual time to ask what are very sensible newby questions.  Due to circumstances beyond and opposed to our control don't be surprised if you do not get the usual hearty response from the good folks of AR15.com.  Take it easy, keep reading the FAQ's and talk to us about more mundane topics till we get to know you better.  This is THE SOURCE for information about legitimate uses of the AR15 rifle.  We look forward to getting to know you.

Arock
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, thank you for the responses, and I know this may not be the best time. I have finaly decided to get one now than rather wait a few months.. But any suggestions would be welcome and thank you once again.. I will try to find somthing by doing a search..
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top