Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 2:35:55 PM EDT
*drool*

[url]http://www.botach.com/vcsd_swat.htm[/url]

Next I have to wonder why this Ventura County SWAT team needs firepower so massive WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE IT.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.botach.com/images/VCSD55.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.botach.com/images/VCSD5225.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.botach.com/images/VCSD1.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
NOT FOR YOU PEASANT

NOW STFU AND PAY YOUR TAXES!!!

LAND OF THE FREE!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunch of frickin' Rambo wanna-be's [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Next I have to wonder why this Ventura County SWAT team needs firepower so massive WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE IT.
View Quote

What do you mean? That's a little extremely short barreled (and thus not very optimum) 5.56mm squirtgun. He can keep it, I'd rather have something that's better than a BB gun at 400 yards!

Not to mention, most people on this board seem to have enough gear and weaponry to outfit a whole SWAT team with more firepower than that guy! Sure, it'd be nice to be able to buy $800 FA micro-galils for the collection. I guess that's your point. I think it'll happen some day. Because of what we might go through before that happens, I'm glad to see the potential JBTs of the future arming themselves with weaponry of limited tactical usefulness.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way, these look the IMI Micro Galil's. 7.6" barrel, OAL 27.7", stock folded 17.9".

They must use some interesting (heavy?) ammo to be confident in their shorties.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm. Many changes in this piece from the model most of us are used to. Not just the shorter barrel. Stock hinge arrangement, stock construction, handguard, reciever profile in front of mag well, and of course the sights.

Looks like this one might be a lot lighter in weight than the earlier ones.  Don't know tho. It doesn't make me want to trade in the one I've had for the past 20 years.  It's always been a "clunky" looking piece anyway.  This one looks aeven clunkier. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
What's up with the chinstrap on his PASGT? Mine don't look like that. Where can I get one? Looks like it would work with a respirator a whole lot better. I bet he's on a DRT. (Donut Rescue Team)
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What do you mean? That's a little extremely short barreled (and thus not very optimum) 5.56mm squirtgun. He can keep it, I'd rather have something that's better than a BB gun at 400 yards!
View Quote

You're right. I jumped at it because first it was a Galil and second because it was seletive fire. In fact, I'm somewhat jealous just because it is a Galil!

How would you react if those Galil's had 16.1" barrels? I'd be a scared Ventura County resident.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
One seriously wonder why on Earth the would pick a Galil though.  A shorty M-16 costs about the same (actually they are cheaper if they go through Project Northstar and just buy new uppers) and is a whole heck of a lot lighter and more accurate.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One seriously wonder why on Earth the would pick a Galil though.  A shorty M-16 costs about the same (actually they are cheaper if they go through Project Northstar and just buy new uppers) and is a whole heck of a lot lighter and more accurate.
View Quote

Botach is a big fan of IMI products.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, if they are using it [b]JUST[/b] for dynamic entries, it is probably okay. Most shots inside a residence are probably gonna be close 999.9999999999999 times out of a thousand. Plus, although the effective fragmentation range with M193 or M855 is probably shorter than the muzzle flash, multiple hits in full auto can also be effective, because of multiple wound channels increasing neurogenic and hypovolemic shock effects.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
It makes Sgt Shitferbrains think his schwantz is bigger.

[;D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Is the flashlight on the right shoulder for use after the raid is completed?

Where is he carrying spare mags?  I am not seeing any mag pouches.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bet he's on a DRT. (Donut Rescue Team)
View Quote

more like the [b]DAT[/b]. [b]D[/b]onut [b]A[/b]ssassination [b]T[/b]eam

[;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I think this is just another example of the more "community oriented policing" that modern PD's are moving towards.

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#18]
for that things effective range, they would be better off with a subgun of that size.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard that Galils are not that great.  The IDF doesn't even use them anymore.  Yes, Israel gets money from the U.S. to spend on U.S. weapons, but even when the Galil was standard issue in Israel, the Israeli special forces were still using M-16/M-4 type weapons systems.  For the simple fact that they are more accurate, and with proper cleaning and maintenance, just as reliable. (I'm not anti-galil, i'm just relaying what I know.)

Read this site, for proof on why M16/AR is a much better choice than Galil.  This is straight from the mouth of the Israeli Special Forces.  

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m16vsak47.htm

Edited to add link
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I heard that Galils are not that great.  The IDF doesn't even use them anymore.  Yes, Israel gets money from the U.S. to spend on U.S. weapons, but even when the Galil was standard issue in Israel, the Israeli special forces were still using M-16/M-4 type weapons systems.  For the simple fact that they are more accurate, and with proper cleaning and maintenance, just as reliable. (I'm not anti-galil, i'm just relaying what I know.)
View Quote

Actually, the Israelis get surplused M-16s for nothing if I'm not mistaken.  Why build something when you can get something just as good for nothing?  It also has to do with weight.  The Galil is only marginally less accurate than the M-16, it has however, much heavier.  A full-size Galil weighs like 12 pounds, which kind of defeats the purpose of an assault rifle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#21]
....Plus, although the effective fragmentation range with M193 or M855 is probably shorter than the muzzle flash, .....

View Quote

Most PDs are using SP ammo not FMJ or SS109. Too much overpenetration with FMJ.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm wondering about the butt stock and flashlight interface. [:)]

What is the pad on his left upper arm? Never seen that before. Does it help with flying or does it hole his meds for when he flips out and chops head?  [:D]

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is the pad on his left upper arm? Never seen that before. Does it help with flying or does it hole his meds for when he flips out and chops head?  [:D]

View Quote

The pad is probably armor. Maybe he thinks he is a samurai archer......

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The pad is probably armor. Maybe he thinks he is a samurai archer......

Scott

View Quote

The pad is armor.  SWAT guys who get killed normally get hit through the side while entering a room.  If you look at armor vests you'll notice a gaping hole where the arm goes through, the arm itself isn't a very good bullet stopper, so the bullet will go straight through (having already begun to upset) and into the upper chest.  Newer "tactical" armor has those upper arm pads and higher arm-pit holes to try and cover as much of that hole as possible.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Does his patch say "Ventura County?"  Is this what modern law enforcement looks like in Kali now?  There is no difference between him and someone in the military.  None at all.  Okay, he's not wearing camos, but I'll bet he has a set.

Why worry about Posse Comitatus?  The posse is already here!

I guess modern law enforcement (aka drug war / property forfeiture) is getting more and more dangerous.  Maybe that's a good thing though.

My plan, if I ever have to go up against these fools, is to hit them from long range and not try to duke it out in close quarters.  Let's see his puny 8" barrel do anything useful past 100 yards.  Also, these badasses won't be wearing all their tactical gear when they're asleep or taking a shit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice pic. Where are his mag pouches for his primary weapon? Maybe he spent so much money on the Galil, Vest, and all his matching, color coordinated goodies that he couldn't afford the mag pouches...
Enquiring minds want to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top