Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 10:50:35 AM EDT
You will be allowed to use it as a tax deduction(after it is turned in for destruction), you will be required to provide receipts in case of audit, this will be construed as fair by the public at large, and in fact will cost the Government nothing(this is to complex to explain). Remember- you heard it here first.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
This isi'nt Australia..What makes you think you'd get MONEY for your AR's?

Honestly, if some kind of other restriction came down on firearms, I'd bet it'd resemble the "Tax Stamp" crap used on NFA transfers..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You will be allowed to use it as a tax deduction(after it is turned in for destruction), you will be required to provide receipts in case of audit, this will be construed as fair by the public at large, and in fact will cost the Government nothing(this is to complex to explain). Remember- you heard it here first.
View Quote

how about keeping your silly ideas to yourself
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Just for the sake of discussion, I will address the tax stamp, it was passed along time ago the date escapes me, it was a huge sum by the days standard, and meant to be prohibitive, so a new "stamp law" would be say 5,000.00 by todays standard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Where did you hear this bullcrap at?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

how about keeping your silly ideas to yourself
View Quote
I thought about that, then I thought , the first rule is know your enemy, and if I can think of it, so can they, to combat them others need to review the idea, so it can be faught properly. You see in the end I hate the idea that it could occur.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
IF anyone is going to destroy "my" weapon, heaven forbid. IT is going to be ME! I cannot trust the Gov't to do it. I don't think you'll ever see it. IMO.
MM419
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Obviously you are not an accountant. Tax deductions cost the government money. Not as much as tax credits, but it does and varies on the filer's tax bracket. Nothing complex to explain outside of philosophical issues of who's money is it anyway.

What brought your statement on? Something going on in your area?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IF anyone is going to destroy "my" weapon, heaven forbid. IT is going to be ME! I cannot trust the Gov't to do it. I don't think you'll ever see it. IMO.
MM419
View Quote
It is a wear them down process, first a little, then a little more with promises that this will be it, them some more after a incident like MD. If you don't belive it all I can say is I bet the old time cowboys never thought they would not be allowed to wear there iron in town. First one town then another, oh yeah it will happen just slowly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]
If we 'survived' the N.Hollywood shootout,this too shall pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top