Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 7:02:29 AM EDT
I am offering up two nice Colt 20rn mags to whomever can help me come up with a new logo.

Here is the deal, my company Millwright Services was primarily an all Millwright company and now is integrating with Ironworkers so now our name: Millwright Services LLC needs to be something like: Millwright & Ironworker Services or Something of that nature. And since the name change, we need a new Logo. Or at least an improved one. Our primary colors are Blue and White but that can vary a bit. Our current logo looks similar to the one on this Golf hat:

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=J46957&album_id=88425&image_id=27&courtesy=1[/img]

Bottom line is that I need a new logo and cannot come up with anything very interesting on my own and my time is limited. You can post you ideals here or email them to me at: [url][email protected][/url]

Thanks, JC

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You have mail
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Your logo is an American flag?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a nice red x in 3d, or with a drop shadow effect?

Nothing showing up here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Millwright and Ironstuff Services don't 'xcatly roll off the tongue, does it?

Let's start w/ MIS...which stands for, blah de BlaBla.

Easier to stylize too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
You make millions off of our idea and we get two used Colt mags?   Great deal!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You make millions off of our idea and we get two used Colt mags?   Great deal!!
View Quote

What?! You want the hat also? Greed! [BD]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually Renamed our logo is not just an American Flag, that is just part of it. I like it. But, it does not necessarily have to have one.

Thanks for the email guys and keep them coming.  Be sure to put your nick name on the email as well. Tuesday is when I have to turn it in to the people that make the goods so that's when I will make the announcement.

Confederate, I figure you are just fooling but there are probably people out there that don't know better.  The Logo represents a company or product, its the product its self that makes the millions. [:O]

And sure Older_Crow, if the winner wants a hat they will get one. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#8]
how's about 2 beta-c-mags? Im sure my brain would start working for those.

edited to say hehe.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW, and I thought I was over paid...

And please guys and gals, if you don't have anything positive to add to the thread than pass.  I do not want you running off all the good idea's.

Thanks, JC
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a try... just for fun...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Grock%2FFlag%252011%2Ejpg[/img]

[:d]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I charge at least $500 to $1000 to design logo's for companies.

I'll pass on this one.
View Quote

... I can vouch for this estimate. About twice this amount for a professionally done website. If you want it done right contact a graphic artist.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah Yeah well I did not go to a professional, I came to you slobs. [:D]

OK, I will sweeten the pot, I will sponser the winning designer to a years membership to either the GOA or the NRA.  that help? [beer]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess you didn't like my attempt...
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Grock, I love it.  I think it would make a great poster. I said as much in an email. [:)]

Final decision will be made Tuesday morn.

Thanks again all, JC
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the flag, too, but it already stands for something. [;)]  If you'd like to incorporate that theme into your logo, you could just use some stars and stripes or a red, white and blue color scheme without depicting the whole flag.  Also, in that case, you might want to tie the name and the logo together by using a name like "American Widget Works" or "US Doohickey Services".  

Speaking of names...  It would be easier to suggest a name and a logo if you were to tell us a little about your company, such as:
- What, exactly, are "millwright and iron worker services"?  What is a typical job you handle?
- Who are your customers?  (If they aren't bankers or techno-nerds they might not like the three letter acronym idea.)
- What sort of tools do you use?
- What sets you apart from your competition?  Are you cheaper, faster, more flexible, more reliable...?

I don't know diddly about millwright services but I'd like to help. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Good questions, I should have included that in my first post.

Basically we do mechanical installations, install Robots, machinery, various conveyor systems and equipment in factories all over the country.  Chances are if you have ever drank an American beer, ate any food that came in a glass container, watched a TV that was made in the US or Mexico, or drove a Chrysler or GM product my guys have had something to do with it. That's the Millwright end of it.  

The Ironworkers do similar things but are primarily a Building/Erecting trade.  Ever see those guys walking the beams on the Sky Scrapers putting them together? We do not build anything like that but do smaller buildings and other forms of structural steel like Large furnace rebuilding and heavy rigging.

We use all sorts of tools from Micrometers and Wrenches to Welders and Cranes. I like to think we are competitive in our pricing as well as faster, more flexible, more reliable than a lot of the others out there in the same field.

Thanks for the help,
JC
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, here's an idea for you:

Name the company "Industrial Outfitters".  Then make your logo an "IO" where the "I" is the cross-section of an I-beam and the "O" is a geared wheel.

Sorry, I don't have the graphics software to actually draw a picture for you. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK, here's an idea for you:

Name the company "Industrial Outfitters".  Then make your logo an "IO" where the "I" is the cross-section of an I-beam and the "O" is a geared wheel.

Sorry, I don't have the graphics software to actually draw a picture for you. [;)]
View Quote

I'm sorry, but I have both the letters "I" and "O" copyrighted.  Try something else. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Large Dial type caliper, Caliper could be red white and blue or have a flag superimposed within its bounds."MIS" On an "I" beam (or Millwright&Ironwork Services)that would be inside "being measured by" the Caliper,    To incorporate the Ironwork portion the Caliper and I Beam would be inside a simple diagram of an industrial type building.

"Quality inside and out"

Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I have received a lot of great idea's and pictures from the memebers here.  

A Huge thanks to all that participated!  

Here is the winning design:

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=J46957&album_id=88425&image_id=36&courtesy=1[/img]

It was made by: USMC_LB  

Nice eh?

Thanks again to all the helped, it was a hard call as some of them were really outstanding.

JC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top