BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 6:39:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds exciting.

Depends on the person?

If the chemistry/electricity is there, don't ignore it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Pros:

1.  He already owns a pair of handciffs

2.  Probably never get a ticket while with him

3.  He is employeed

Cons:

1.  He probably can't shoot well.

2.  Odd working hours

3.  Probably a heavy drinker (this may be a Pro for you)

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You're going to break poor Wave's heart here, you know that?

[:D]

J
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Heartless trollop!  Wave's body isn't even cold yet. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
don't see any pro's, lots of cons.
pass
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Just don't EVER do *this* to him...    [:D]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/DScott%2FBombsquad%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention, he's got a big black stick! (Chili peppers song - Sir Psycho sexy details a true cop romance!)
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]
" He works domestic violence and is also on the bomb squad."

pro's:

bomb squad guys carry big insurance policies. make sure you are named as sole beneficiary.

con's:

he'll always look like one of the village people.

he'll never become proficient at ferrier work.

ironing his underwear will get old.

wave is gonna be crushed! how are you going to break the news to him before he reads it on the net?!?!

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Campy, I already e-mailed Wave and sent him this link.[;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I like a woman in a uniform.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#12]
you'll become "above the law"
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What do y'all think?  He works domestic violence and is also on the bomb squad.
View Quote

Cons: Will probably not want to listen to your problems after a long day at work.  Constantly looking under the car.

Pros: The day he wants you to start his car for him you will know the relationship is over.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Miss Mag,

Don't do it. It will never work. It will just lead to trouble.
Have fun on your date.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I dated a female officer who works for Chesapeake PD and I noticed the following pros:

She always had lots of "free" ammo (9mm).
She got TONS of discount tickets and stuff. (movies, dinners, you name it)
She knew everyone!
She let me drive the squad car.
We got to have "relations" in the squad car.
I never worried about tickets while in Chesapeake.
She carried while off duty. It was comforting to know that I wasn't the only one who was armed.
I got all the good gossip about who did what.
She knew tons of lawyers, so by default, I knew tons of lawyers.

CONS:
Cops typically have "control issues."
Ever smell someone after they wore a Level III vest in the heat all day?
Everytime she saw blue lights on the highway she would tell me who the officer was.
She worked weird hours.
Lots of "cop" parties to attend. (if a non cop, you'll feel a bit uncomfortable.

Will add more as I think of it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I know several cops, the run the spectrum from nasty control freaks to nice guys.
One is always "meeting" women on the job and its killing his marriage. One is a NAZI,,he is demanding and condecending even at home, since he works for me part-time I get the pleasure of no having to put up with that personality aspect. The last is a decent guy, has a decent girlfriend and leaves the job at work.

Good luck finding out which one you have,,,,
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Never date a cop is what I told my nieces.
Divorce rate is over 94%.
Low pay, terrible hours, often wont see them
Wont be home at nights, has to work holidays
We tend to be moody and hard to live with.
I just came off working domestic violence and that is a real relationship killer,,,but good luck
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Dr. QC is in:

Miss Magnum, you know Woody Allen said dating both sexes will increase the chance of getting a date by fifty percent.  Have you consider this option?

I'm not in a hurry to get into a relationship with ANYBODY... what ever happened to just hanging out and getting to know each other before it becomes "a relationship?"
View Quote

Yes I would agree, but the possibility does sound kind of, well you know titillating?

I'm pretty old fashioned... don't move terribly fast... and it seems that guys think I'm not interested in them if we're not swappin' spit on the first or second meeting.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Please continue.

But this is just me whining about how I'll be single forever.... ::dramatic sigh::  [:D]
View Quote

Well, 50% is 50%.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#22]
"I'm pretty old fashioned... don't move terribly fast... and it seems that guys think I'm not interested in them if we're not swappin' spit on the first or second meeting"  Sounds like we have something in common already.I move kinda slow too [:D] A million to one shot means I have a shot right? Yipee Is bald and 54 too old for ya? [;)]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Free donuts?

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Something Psycho/Erotic about chicks attracted to clowns in ANY uniform anyway.As long as it fits your needs what the Hell....Go For It! and Spare me the "casual talk and Coffee B.S.!!" you know what feeds the kittie.....Cat Scratch Fever!.....Hiwa
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Domestic Violence AND Bomb Squad?  That's some combo.  Given the choice, I'd think the Bomb Squad is the safer of the two.

Is he an investigator or does he go on calls for D.V.?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I know a lot of cops and I dated a cop briefly.  Cops bring their work home with them.  No matter how hard they try, it always comes home, or on the date.  Bomb squad isn't too bad, but DV is about the worst kind of guy you could date.  He's seen the absolute worst relationships have to offer, every single day.  He'll want to tell you about his day, and believe me, you won't want to hear it (beatings, stabbings, rapes, child abuse, etc, etc, etc), which will lead him to feel neglected.  

I broke up with Mary because she had control issues (every cop I've ever met needs to feel like they are in control, and react with intense frustration and confusion when they don't have control over the situation), trust issues (again, a lot of cops have them), and she had a lot of trouble handling stress in the relationship because she had a lot of stress on the job.  Her hours sucked.  She would come home battered, bruised, smelly, tired, and irritable every day she had to work.  Many of the cops I've met have substance abuse issues (not all, but many), especially the younger cops.  Alcoholism and drug abuse are not at all uncommon, alcoholism being more common because of drug testing.

I really wouldn't recommend it Sara.  It might work out for you, but I seriously doubt it.  Good luck though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Cop run,Bomb sqaud run faster.[whacko]

If he loves what he does he will love it more than you. If he hates what he does he will cheat on you with another cop, because she will understand him.

If you are just looking for [sex] how can you beat the EOD for fun .

There are few pro's and lot of con's .

Good luck
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Vinnie,

Not really sure... I think he goes to the scene and intervenes and then it's his case to follow up on.  Quite frankly, I already told him I don't like hearing about people, especially children, being hurt so he shouldn't expect a lot of "tell me about the details of your day" type quesitons, ya know?

Up side, though.... haven't been able to find any JKD schools around here and he knows of a Muay Thai instructor and a Gracie Jiu Jitsu school.   [:D]  

View Quote

Well thanks to the "Academy schedule" I haven't been to the gym that much myself.  Next time I'm in, I'll inquire about some reliable places in Ky.  I know there must be one, I just can't think of the name/place right now.

Hopefully seeing the "bad side" of people won't taint his percepetion.  Personally I can't wait to have my own "war stories" [:D]

I've actually lost about 30 lbs since I started with the NYPD.  My teacher/trainer wants me to take a fight again after I'm out.  I should be close to my old "fighting weight" by then.

My buddy Matt Serra fought (and unfortunately) lost this past UFC.  Because of the Academy I wasn't able to help him much for this fight, but I told him for the next one I should be closer to BJ Penns size and can help him more with his stand up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You guy's have us cops sterotyped pretty well in the relationship department. [:(]
Unfortunately, I have to fight this stigma everytime I meet someone new. Thank God I have personality![8D]

Now excuse me while I go get some free coffee and donuts...[;)]
View Quote

WAVE sorry if I whipped out the sterotype too fast. I have a decent background on what I speak.

If you have every noticed my posting is always leaning towards the good guys.

You gota admit I am not wrong. I may not be right 100%, but I am far from wrong. Good luck with MM

John
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#34]
well miss magnum,

no matter what profession your sinificant other is involved in, it obviously boils down to the person.

i'm new to LE and have heard numerous girls swear they'd never date a cop. and was amazed at this new theory, and have yet to discover truth to their complaints. yea, i've obtained a champion vocabulary since i started that sometimes comes out at home and shocks the GF, BUT, my guys are all about their wives. yup they talk all tough, but goddamn, they're on the phone with the mrs. or GF every damn half hour. drives me nuts!!

but have also heard the other end too. basically, the occupation is irelevant. i say go for it, and be the on who cheats first!

i'm listed BTW. [whacko] [:E]   hehehe, just messin with ya. [:D]
good luck!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#35]
My reaction is NEVER do it.

Look at the guys you went to high school w/ that became cops.  Most of them are shitbags with serious personality disorders.  Control freaks and losers.  

There are (Thank God) some exceptions to this, but IMO the majority.

I have fraternity brothers who are cops, (lots of them) and I can list many felonies they committed before they were cops.

Just MHO.

Good luck.

Sorry if I offended any devent cop, but most cops have there preconcieved notions too....

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I should be closer to BJ Penns size and can help him more with his stand up.
View Quote

Uh Oh...  I think i need glasses!

When first reading your post, I thought I read:
[b]BJ PENIS SIZE[/b]

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#37]
hey milk him for everything he might have

- good hand cuffs, leg irons etc
- lots of leather goods (hee hee)
- free le grade ammo
- free leo mags
- leo discounts at gun shops
- free le grade peper spray or mace
- high speed rides/driving lessons
- immunity from speeding tickets from
  his friends
- free passes to every local event known to man
- really cool fireworks every fourth of july.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#39]
I speak from experience when I say STAY AWAY FROM COPS!!!  That is unless you like living with alot of drama.  No matter what they say, most cops love their work and end up working long and odd hours which don't always make for nice holidays and weekends together.  If he's on the bomb squad, that means he will be on-call and will probably get called out at the most in-opportune times (I know, I had to leave the Thanksgiving dinner table just as the meal was being served).  Being a Cop usually means your job comes first and your family usually suffers because of it.  Cops who experience stress at work usually bring that stress home which can affect relationships.  I know alot of cops who are married and who act like real "HornDogs" when they are out and about.  Bottom line.... I would not want my daughter to marry or date a cop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I should be closer to BJ Penns size and can help him more with his stand up.
View Quote

Uh Oh...  I think i need glasses!

When first reading your post, I thought I read:
[b]BJ PENIS SIZE[/b]

View Quote

No no no..."The Prodigy" BJ Penn is a Mixed Martial Arts fighter.  Currently he holds the UFC's Middlewight title.  He's 5'8" and 172.  Right now I'm 5'9" and 185, so by time my friends get's back into heavy training for the rematch, I should be closer to BJ's size.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Miss_Magnum, I don't know if all the stereo-type posted about cops is true or not. While there is usually some truth to stereo types, I would say it all depends on the individual. Some LEO's don't handle the job very well and they take it home with them, while some handle it extremely well like Wave. You already know Ray(in a non Biblical sense of course[:)]). He is alright and him being a cop has no bearing on that, so if the cop you are talking about is a decent guy go for it, I wish you luck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
One more thing...I wonder if dating a cop gives you immunity from getting Jack Booted?!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Don't do it. I dated a cop once. She broke up with me and married her partner. To top it off, a year later I was speeding in Garden Grove, CA (her P.D.'s jurisdiction) Guess who pulls me over?? Yup the BITCH!! Gives me a ticket. [B)] Well that's a fine howdy doo after a year. [:(!]

Oh BTW I fought that ticket and won. HEHEHEHE I hear she's divorced now too with one kid. BWAHAHAHAHA
View Quote

Look on the bright side, LT:  at least you're not bitter. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#44]
The only thing bad about dateing a cop, is all he sees every day is pros and cons!

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top