Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 12:08:17 PM EDT
Maybe I am "crazy" or "paranoid" as most people who respond to this thread are going to label me.

But even on this board, with all the speculation regarding caliber, weapon, etc. I have heard no one suggest what seems an unfortunately all-too-likely possibility. Indeed, there's been almost no talk of [b]what kind of people would do this[/b]. That's bad, really, really bad, because the talking heads on TV [b]are[/b] talking about what kind of people would do this. You know what kind of people they're suggesting? [b]People like us.[/b]. That is of course nonsense. Here is a much more likely scenario.

The rifle was an M16A2. US Gov't Property. Not stolen, or if it was, only to ensure deniability. The shooter, or more likely shooterS, ARE indeed highly skilled and trained marksmen, because they work, or "formerly worked", for an alphabet soup agency. The white van, well, there are plenty of them in the fleet.

I have no idea who could be behind this, but not because there is no one out there who is downright evil enough to believe their goal justifies these means. Anyone who has heard, say, Charles Schumer, talk with such incredible vitrol about his hatred of firearms and firearms owners, is nodding their head now.

This is a disturbing situation if it is in fact what is going on - how do you fight it? I'm not saying this is the gospel truth, but given the current anti-rights mentality of many within all levels of government, you'd have to be a fool to rule it out completely. Stranger things have happened within the last year.

As far as the media blaming the gun culture - maybe it's time for all of us to grow some balls, call these TV stations, and tell them, "I know for a fact that this wasn't done by someone from 'the gun culture'"... "well how do you know that sir?" "because not one single victim was a government agent threatening the right to keep and bear arms."
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As far as the media blaming the gun culture - maybe it's time for all of us to grow some balls, call these TV stations, and tell them, "I know for a fact that this wasn't done by someone from 'the gun culture'"... "well how do you know that sir?" "because not one single victim was a government agent threatening the right to keep and bear arms."
View Quote

So true....scary, isn't it?[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That could be perceived as a threat.
Bad things happen to people when something they said is perceived as a threat.
I would rather stay way away from the "sniping the thugs" angle.
View Quote

You are correct, but of course it wasn't one. My point was only that it is a simple fact, the only people gun owners would possibly have any beef with is those who want to take away our rights. I have friends who are federal agents, and good people who believe in the Constitution, and I'd put my own life on the line to help any one of them. I cannot say the same for someone who wants to take away the rights of honest, law abiding citizens. I think this is true of most everyone in the "gun culture."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top