Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 10:44:27 AM EDT
Seriously, how many of us around here would be considered "excellent marksmen" by our shooting capabilities?

All these people coming on TV and talking about how a head shot at 100 yards is such a difficult feat.

It's just rediculous.   Aside from the person doing this shootings probably being familiar with his rifle and being a capable shot, the only thing that seperates him from the rest of us is his screwed up/troubled psychological state.

The idiots coming on and mentioning how this is an above average shot is absurd to me, ofcourse uneducated people or those who have never been around firearms will think that the shooter was some incredibly talented shot.

I don't know if I want those uneducated types who are prone to over-reacting to know that these were not very difficult shots for the average shooter.

I don't know why it bothers me so much but it just does, anyone else get rubbed the wrong way by this?     If they think that some nut who can make a hit on a 10 inch sized target at 100 yards is a good shot, what do they think about the benchrest shooters who can typically make a first round hit on a tennis ball sized target from 200-300 yards?

The whole VPC ploy to try to get sniper rifles banned is a worst fear, ban rifles capable of exceptional accuracy for fear of sniper attacks...
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]

In the latest FOXNews story about profiling the criminal, there was this nugget near the bottom:

"That starts to suggest more in the military and law enforcement vein than the deer hunter type of vein," Van Zandt said. "That, in turn, would suggest an older person than the Columbine type of age group."
View Quote

Why IN THE WORLD did they have to say "Columbine type age group"?!?!  Can't you just say "teenager" instead of inciting more hysteria from the soccer moms?  Come on!  This is getting sick.

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#4]
you might want to read the link in my post about american sniping.

a man that was not even known as a particularly good shot managed to kill 5 outdoorsmen with a mauser.

i'm willing to bet that none of you were even aware of this sniper and his killings in the quiet ohio countryside.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#5]
you might want to read the link in my post about american sniping.

a man that was not even known as a particularly good shot managed to kill 5 outdoorsmen with a mauser.

i'm willing to bet that none of you were even aware of this sniper and his killings in the quiet ohio countryside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top