Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 9:26:00 AM EDT
An interesting idea was posed on FA.com

[url]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002597[/url]

about a concealed sniper. Could the white van be a decoy or spotter?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking of this yesterday.

What is the distance from the northern-most shot to the southern-most shot?

Could the shooter be stationary at the center of the "circle"?

Not familiar with the area, geographical or structural limitations.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Styer, Del,

No. That is my old neighborhood.

Distance too great for one location.

All sites located along high traffic (4 lane) roads to expedite entry/exit.

Unlikely to be "drive by" in the sense of shooting from a moving vehicle. Chance of successful shot greatly diminished.

I'm still note convinced the .223 would be the choice round for this. They are just pulling sh_t out of their ass because they have a public demanding answers and they have none.

Just MHO.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been following this all that much, but it appears the shooter is using a .223/5.56, correct?

Does anyone have any idea what type of rifle he was using?  Though I guess there isn't any way to tell until they catch the perps.

I was just starting to get my hopes up on the Krime Bill dying a peaceful death (i.e., no replacement).  But if these murders were commited using an AR15 we're fvcked.

EDITED to say "nevermind."  I just found the other FBI/AR15 conspiracy thread.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
An interesting idea was posed on FA.com

[url]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002597[/url]

about a concealed sniper. Could the white van be a decoy or spotter?
View Quote

That thread is really off on the wrong foot because the shooings are in Maryland, not DC...guns are banned in DC so its completely safe there.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The Rem PSS is available in .223

A talented shooter could work the area, entire radius is 2 miles I think. I'd rule out a stationary shooter but a opportunity shooter on the move. Maybe with pre selected vantage points.

Could possibly be a Islamic Terrorist and this is the newest type of attack. Makes more sense than a anti gun liberal who is scary talented with a rifle and trying to get guns banned.

The one thing that stays with me is this guy hits what he shoots.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt the shooter is on foot. That area is my old stomping grounds.

The entire area is too populated and divided by highways, shopping centers, gas stations etc. to make all those vantage points, while carrying a rifle (assuming it was a rifle) without being spotted.  

There could be an outside chance that the shooter had a scoped TC and stowed it into a backpack or under a coat after the shot.  I suppose you could run away from the shot and not draw attention to yourself.  

Still, the timing of it all suggests a vehicle was involved.  It's too tricky and time consuming to get to and from some of those places without being in a car.  Not to mention the concealment afforded by a vehicle.    

It's certain though that this was a planned out affair.  Vantage points and a route plan were prepared beforehand.  This was calculated, not some random, crazed fool.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top