Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 4:21:27 AM EDT
  Some colleagues brought up the fact that the killings resemble something from the video game.  I have never played. Anyone played it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
GTA:3 is a pretty standard game. Run around, kill people; drive cars, run people over.

I suppose the recent kills could look like someting out of a video game, but GTA:3 isn't the only violent game out there.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
GTA3 puts you in the role as a small time thug in an urban setting moving your way up through the ranks of various thug organizations usually doing dirty work and hits on other thugs / crooked people.  Because of the very high level of freedom the game offers, a person can so choose to just go joy riding and preying on innocent people and such.

Anyway, I hope we don't get off on a "video games insill violence" tangent here that would equal the realms of saying "guns cause viloence."  It's a very daft subject.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I love this game, and, to play devil's advocate, this is the type of thing you can do. Of course, in the game, the cops actually do something. Anyway, I'd rather not open the can of crap about violent games, I've gutted a deer, I don't think something on a tv screen will turn me savage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top