Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:56:48 AM EDT
Illinois is awaiting a vote on SB-3341 by the IL house of representatives, it was already passed by the IL senate.  The bill would require all gold and silver to be registered with the state of IL.  This sounds like the foundation for eventual confiscation of PM's.  Coincidentally, IL is quickly going bankrupt.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It won't be long now, maybe a couple decades at most.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
roflfibs
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the excuse given for this?  Can't remember the last time some kid was bludgeoned to death with a bar of bullion or a sack of silver coins
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
WHY
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Another good reason to exit in any direction possible.   Just don't come down here.  We don't have much and had to fight hard for that.

GD
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Whats the  point? Why?

Its right in the OP, Confiscation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't we just give IL to Canada?

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit like this is exactly why the Revolutionary war was fought, the fuckers never stop, and they never give up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how many bills like this pass and no one pays attention? If you don't follow these people constantly stupid things pass. Sometimes things do get cleaned up though. In just 2011 it became once again legal to juggle, perform acrobatics, and fortune telling in Cook County forest preserves.

I have read this bill, and while somewhat vague, only requires you to keep a short record if you are in the business of purchasing precious metals. This does not impact a private purchase. For now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Giving away a huge chunk of some of the best farm ground on earth and a huge manufacturing base seems silly to me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The author is Kirk Dillard, a REPUBLICAN

Need a 3rd party right now
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna take a wild guess –– not being a goldbug –– and my wild guess is that he's trying to get a handle on those "check-into-gold" places.  

Just a thought, and it is the only one I can formulate that does not  == preps for confiscation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giving away a huge chunk of some of the best farm ground on earth and a huge manufacturing base seems silly to me.

How about Chicago? Move the CME to Omaha first.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about Chicago? Move the CME to Omaha first.

There ya go, that seems like a much less stupid idea.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but then people can't slam IL all th etime and be in the cool kids group.
The rest of IL is not like Chicago. When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm gonna take a wild guess –– not being a goldbug –– and my wild guess is that he's trying to get a handle on those "check-into-gold" places.  

Just a thought, and it is the only one I can formulate that does not  == preps for confiscation.

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall not pay for the precious metal in cash and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties.

Senate Committee Amendment No. 1
Authorizes inspection of records by local police departments. Requires reports to law enforcement on a daily basis. Exempts persons licensed under the Pawnbroker Regulation Act.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

We could go back to only letting property owners vote
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Whats the over/under on the jail/prison term from the first domestic terrorist anarchist extreme right winge etc etc that gets caught with an unregistered block of silver.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wi takes issue with this.  Even MN would.

Now ....  If we could just wall off Milwaukee to Joilet to Gary Indiana and fill it with water, I have no problem with that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Eta never mind :/
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#25]
More poorly drafted legislation that is vague and probably very difficult to enforce.

Texas has the right idea in allowing their legislature to only hold session every so many years. It keeps them from passing stupid shit they dream up, because they have nothing else better to do or are being persuaded by special interests.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't blink too hard if Chicago disappeared in a bright flash...
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#27]
And WHY ?!?

Yup....that's why .
More of big-brother telling us what we can and cant own .

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Venezuela. I say again Venezuela.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Synopsis As Introduced

Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall not pay for the precious metal in cash and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties.

Authorizes inspection of records by local police departments. Requires reports to law enforcement on a daily basis. Exempts persons licensed under the Pawnbroker Regulation Act.

It seems that I read or watched on TV that the "Scrap Gold into cash" places were basically a legal fence.  Your petty crook could send an envelope of gold jewelry into one of those places and get a check for the melt value.  There was no way for them to check with the police like a local pawnshop would, and maybe flag Mrs. Johnson's platinum Faberge brooch as being stolen.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#31]

That should have resulted in a revolution. That it didnt is a reminder of how fucked we will be in the coming years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Synopsis As Introduced

This sounds like the regulations on scrap yards to cut down on copper thefts. I was already skeptical when I saw the world news daily link.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Shit like this is exactly why the Revolutionary war was fought, the fuckers never stop, and they never give up.

This be true
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#34]

<---------------
Quoted:
Will not comply.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It won't be long now, maybe a couple decades years at most.

Fixed
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but then people can't slam IL all th etime and be in the cool kids group.
The rest of IL is not like Chicago. When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

Ca. has that very same problem.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

In today's world, I think it would be a better idea to only let people who earn a paycheck vote.

In other words, you must have skin in the game to vote.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone find a non-WND news link?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone find a non-WND news link?

Here is the bill synopsis

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Whats the over/under on the jail/prison term from the first domestic terrorist anarchist extreme right winge etc etc that gets caught with an unregistered block of silver.

So if you mill an unregistered block of silver into an unregistered DIAS which law have you broken?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just give one state senate seat to each county regardless of population.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you mill an unregistered block of silver into an unregistered DIAS which law have you broken?

Sir, I regret to inform you that you just divided by zero.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The 30's was one of the worse times ever for this country.

and they probably described stealing the public's PM's as a patriotic was to help the country out. Oh wow, what is old is new again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I wouldn't register shit.

Well, in fact, I would submit my shit for registration.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#45]
If I go to Chicago, do I have to register my gold crowns?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What's the excuse given for this?  Can't remember the last time some kid was bludgeoned to death with a bar of bullion or a sack of silver coins

The government can't track profits peole make on Gold and Silver like they can on investments unless reported.   So they can't get the tax revenue they want.

Lets say you have 50k in gold and it doubles and you now have 100k how does the government know?

It is all about money

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#48]
IL Treasury agents will soon coming to pull unregistered gold teeth from grandpas.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#49]

How was this even legal? Under what authority did he have to issue such an EO?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I wouldn't blink too hard if Chicago disappeared in a bright flash...

I could add a few more cities to that.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top