Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2002 2:50:29 PM EDT
[img]http://www.moviebadgirls.com/capthumb/S_Hollywood_Boulevard_II_06.JPG[/img]

vs

[img]http://www.moviebadgirls.com/capthumb/S_Dream_Team_13.JPG[/img]

vs

[img]http://www.moviebadgirls.com/capthumb/S_Hots_Shots_11.JPG[/img]

Which do you want to use for home defense?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
whooaa!  I need me one of those home security systems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had that home security, I'd never leave the house.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Given that the AUG and AK are chambered for rifle rounds that aren't even slowed down by drywall I'd opt for the HK which actually is my home defense gun.

I also own the AK and AUG but would hate to use them in the house.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The HK looks like it might be a 'handful'.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
FBI Ballistic Tests
As a result of renewed law enforcement interest in the .223 round and in the newer weapons systems developed around it, the FBI recently subjected several various .223 caliber projectiles to 13 different ballistic tests and compared their performance to that of SMG-fired hollow point pistol bullets in 9mm, 10mm, and .40 S&W calibers.

Bottom Line: In every test, with the exception of soft body armor, which none of the SMG fired rounds defeated, the [red].223 penetrated less on average than any of the pistol bullets.[/red]

These tests were conducted by the FBI’s Firearms Training Unit (FTU), at the request of the Bureau Tactical and Special Operations personnel. Located at the FBI academy in Quantico, VA, this is the same unit with the encouragement of forensic pathologist Dr. Martin Fackler and other ballistic experts, that dramatically advanced the testing of modern handgun rounds to estimate their wounding effectiveness and potential lethality. Ultimately, this entity confirmed that permanent crush cavities, or "wound-channels," and deep penetration were the primary factors for handgun-fired projectiles. The FTU further determined that under various target engagement circumstances, a depth of penetration in soft tissue of between 12 to 18 inches was required for a handgun bullet to be effective.

==========================================================

Stolen from the Olyarms website, although I have seen other sources that have the same results.

Not sure what 7.63X39 would do but I'm guessing it would penetrate more that .223 or pistol rounds due to it's thick jacket.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
OLY-M4gery

I did read that. What I'm mostly worried about are exiting rounds. The SS109 will in and out and then nail my TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top