Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2002 11:50:40 AM EDT
i'm going to build another motor for my truck the one in it has served me well, well over 100K HARD miles. my next one will either be 383 or 350 and i'm looking at aftermarket fuel injection does anybody have experiance with F.I.? and what kind of mouse do you have?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the 383.Y ou can by new cranks for the same price as the 350.lot of aftermarket stuff.I would go to Edelbrock ect website and read up on it.Then I would go to a car board and ask about experinces.if you have a carb you are going to convert the tank and run new lines with a return.There are kits that dont run a return line anymore.You can also get wiring harnesses for FI from several sources to convert factory FI to ypur truck
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In my opinion, the best and easiest to tune aftermarket EFI is the FAST system with the optional wideband O2 sensor.  Its not cheap... costs about 2 grand.  http://www.fuelairspark.com/

I've also heard good things about the Accel Gen 7 DFI.. its just as expensive as the FAST kit.

I agree with the 383 like the other guy.  Its a good truck engine because they can easily be a torque monster.. especially if you are going to run a TPI style induction on it.  It won't rev to the moon, but you'll be able to tow a semi [:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
...and make sure you put the right headers, mufflers, and correct diameter of pipes on it. So many guys worry about the intake and such, then don't let the engine "exhale" correctly. Then, they wonder why it dogs it after all the $$$'s. It's like buying a bike and dumping the stock exhaust for a set of pipes. Problem is the factory exhaust usually works better than anything on the after market.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
the motor i have now is a 350 bored .060, 470 magnum cam, ported heads, roller rockers, 3 inch exhaust, msd ignition, 9.5.1 compression and a edelbrock carb its around 350hp. i am leaning to the 383 and was going to use the same parts except the cam, ill probably go milder on the cam and maybe add injection. i'm checking on different fuel injection systems i wanted something i can tweak myself not something that is set by factory thanks for the info if anybody has one let me know how good or bad it is
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember that when you increase displacement, the effective canm size gets smaller, so if you have a cam you consider fairly radical in your 350, it'll be somewhat milder in a 383.

I currrently run a blown 396 stroker in my TA. Around 750 RWHP at 15 psi. Probably not what you had in mind for your truck ;)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top