Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2002 2:00:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Those 'asses' can't be Dims as one is having coffee and the other a beer.  A true Dim would drink only Avian !
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Life is Hard, and then You DIE!

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sardonic.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Just think if we had a national media that was even-handed in its treatment of the political parties.

The DEMOS would be toast.

But we don't. The national media are simply shills for the Democrats. Nothing more.

All we have is FoxNEWS.

Eric The(AndRush!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The sad and somewhat weird part is that if you talk about this with a Dem (And I did this morning on the train in to work...) they don't CARE about ANYTHING but keeping power in the Senate.  NOTHING ELSE MATTERS TO THEM!  Their ONLY goal is to do everything in their power to retain what little power they have and slow down or stop the Bush agenda.  Some actually still believe that our president was appointed by the Supremes, therefore anything goes.

NO amount of logical argument is enough to convince them of the wrongness of their position.  In one argument I had with a Lib, I finally won the argument on debate points, facts, and logic but then the Lib simply said..."So WHAT?....I don't CARE if what you say is correct...Bush is an illegal president, he and his extremists are dangerous to our country and I don't care what it takes to stop him."  Like I said...nothing matters to the Libs except winning and staying in power.

Question:  "Doesn't it seem a bit over the top that the NJ Dems would violate the law to run another candidate when their guy is taking a whuppin in the polls and is likely to lose?  How can he just quit and they can run someone else?  Didn't the Dems hold a primary?  Didn't Torch win the primary because no other Dem would run against him?  What about the LAW?"

Answer:  "Doesn't matter.  Democrats DESERVE to have a candidate on the ballot, no matter WHAT the law says, we should not be deprived."

Rebuttal:  "So...no matter when the deadline is, if your guy is getting wiped out, you don't care...just bring in a fresh horse and away you go...is THAT it?"

Answer:  "Yes...in this case...yes."

Question:  What about the LAW that lays down a 51 day deadline for withdrawing from the race?"

Answer:  "Doesn't apply in this case."  "We can't permit the Republicans to win back the senate!"

And THERE my friends, you have it.

You won't see it presented that way in the media though...with the possible exception of Fox.

I hope the voters in our country wake up and smell the coffee and really wipe out these lying scumbags on the Left.  They don't DESERVE to be in power.  They are ENEMIES OF THE STATE!!!

[pissed]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
November will be an interesting month..... even more interesting will be the next 2 years if the repubs hold the house, and take the senate...... Think we will have a govt. closer to the Constitution at the end of 2 years??
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those 'asses' can't be Dims as one is having coffee and the other a beer.  A true Dim would drink only Avian !
View Quote

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
November will be an interesting month..... even more interesting will be the next 2 years if the repubs hold the house, and take the senate...... Think we will have a govt. closer to the Constitution at the end of 2 years??
View Quote

Let's just say it will be a lot closer to the Constitution than if the Democ[b]rats[/b] get control of the House and Senate.

Republicans aren't perfect. No party that garners support from almost half of THIS particular population CAN be perfect - considering how irrational, selfish, ignorant and amoral this current population is.

But they're FAR better than the only practical alternative.

If James Madison's or Patrick Henry's or George Washington's name were on the ballot for President, I wouldn't vote for them, NOT because I don't agree with their views and ideas, but because they're DEAD!! They have NO CHANCE of winning! Same goes for some of the third-party candidates who may be right on all the issues, but I KNOW are unelectable [u]in THIS current generation[/u].

But I WILL support good third-party candidates for local office to grow support and experience from the grassroots level upwards.

[b]liberty86[/b], we've gone around a few times on this and I greatly respect you and what you are doing for "our" side. Both at the local level and higher.

Tell you what, you support third-party candidates for "high" offices and I'll support third-party candidates for "low" offices and we'll meet somewhere in the middle in 20yrs. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I find it impossible to be optimistic since the reelection of Clinton.  If Americans are stupid enough to elect him twice, then the Republic is truly lost.  [:(]
View Quote

I don't know. Remember who Klinton was up against. Hell, Al Gore would've beaten Dole! (I have great respect for him as a war veteran and as a human being, but as a politician and campaigner he totally sucked.)

If we had put up a GOOD candidate, chances are we would have won, especially if the Republicans had had enough balls to go for the jugular for once.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...then the Republic is truly lost.  [:(]
View Quote

Your entire quote was on the money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top