Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2002 5:12:41 PM EDT
I'd appreciate your opinions/experiences.  Trying to decide to buy either a Camelbak (Hawg or Motherlode) or a Hydrastorm (Predator or Cyclone).  Then I'll use for hiking when not out in the field.  I'll use it for a small amount of medical supplies.  I prefer Ultimate Direction for this size but they don't make one in a "tactical" color. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Hydrastorm Predator and a Camelback Classic.  The Camelback has better internals but you can swap those around.  I selected the Hydrastorm because the equivalent size Camelback wasn't available in OD Green.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy the Ultimate Direction and dye it black if you have to.  In my opinion they make the best hydration system for foot travel especially if you are talking speed hiking or train running.  Edge to Camelback (narrowly) for biking only.  I have 3 different size Ult Dir packs and love them all.  Forest green or khaki (desert tactical) is the best you can do from the shop though.  No first hand with Hydrastorm.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Camel Back M.U.L.E. in OD green, and I wouldn't get anything else. It doubles as a day pack, holds 100 oz of H2O, and keeps cool all day long. I've had several hydration sysems, and this is THE best I've ever had.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys haven't checked out LIGHTFIGHTER.COM have you ? I recently purchased a Camelback H.A.W.G. in Woodland camo from them .This isn't the el cheepo that you get in Target . This is the heavy duty one with all the Mil-Spec stuff on it ! Has a zillion MOLLE attachment points . And the latest  bladder ect .

Before you buy anything , check this bad boy out or you will regret it later !

[usa]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What would go good with an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
CamelBak Mule is my favorite, and I have several.

Unfortunately not all CamelBacks are available in all colors. For example some are only available in black, others only woodland.

I would love to find an OD Mule, but I never have.

Link Posted: 10/3/2002 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The MULE is available from LIGHTFIGHTER in OD !

Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Camel Thermobak- its the cat's meow. Water stays cool for hours, and it's sleek and efficient. GO Camel!
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  H46Driver- that's a good idea to dye an Ultimate.  I guess the dye would work.(?)  Anyway I ordered a HAWG from Practical Tactical.  We'll see how it works.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What would go good with an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest?
View Quote

Imbroglio,
For use with a vest you will want the Camelback Storm,
[url]http://www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=481[/url]

It has been changed from the picture slightly, they removed the D-rings so it does not snag going into or out of the holder in your pack or vest.

Drop me mail, I have some coming in and will beat any Camelback/Eagle gear price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top