Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2002 10:29:14 AM EDT
Has anyone else ever heard this from wife, better half ...???

she says ..." another gun ? don't you have enough guns already??"

I say..."  you can never have too many guns "
"I didn't say I needed another gun,  I said I wanted another gun !!"  [50]

[b] I really believe you cannot have too many guns[/b]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to hear "Another gun?  You don't play with the ones you have."

Then I took just about all my guns to an arfcom shoot, and as she saw me loading up the truck, she said "I guess I can't say you don't play with them anymore."

To which I replied, "Right.  And now I need more."
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
My problem is I'm running out of room in my safe.

It's easy to buy another rifle/pistol/shotgun...I can keep them out of sight in the safe....when I start having to designate floorspace for a couple of safes, that's where she puts her foot down. I have my non scoped rifles "stacked" on one side, and my scoped ones securely placed on the other side.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
If your wife notices another gun, then that means you really don't have enough guns. You need a certain "critical mass" of guns in the safe so that one more --or less, cannot be noticed. Critical mass is usually around ten rifles, maybe five handguns. you can also go with the "i'm working on a trade" rouse, Make the transaction sound complex enough to befuddle her.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My problem is because I need the money I have had to sell a lot of my guns recently, and my wife is upset for me that I am doing this.  She says if we had the money I could buy as many guns as I wanted.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife would probably kill me if I bought another $500+ gun, she has been waiting for a new kitchen table for years.  

Guess I better not tell her about my new p-32 then eh?

Legs, you got to take care of the wife man,  remember the old joke, why are divorces soe expensie, cause they're worth it.

Being single may seem fun, but you don;t want to be back in that game.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Oooooohhhh YES!

[b]"Why do you want to spend all that money on another GUN?"

"You don't NEED another rifle...you have some already!"

"I wish I had all the money you have spent on that safe and those guns!"[/b]

I don't play golf...and wouldn't even IF my shoulder and back could handle it.

I don't ride a motorcycle any more.

I decided NOT to build a hot rod kit car...(She didn't like THAT idea either.)

I have no other hobbies or expensive special interests other than a bit of fishing now and then...and I'm NOT talking Tarpon in Florida or billfish in Hawaii.

Most of my gun purchases are done on time by laying them away at the local USMC BX to lessen the impact on the wife's pocket book.

Having said that...I am still happily married after nearly 30 years to the same lady...and I do owe her since she raised our kids while I played sailor and she is now raising two of our grandkids.  Sooooo...I just work behind the scenes and get what I can when I can. [;D]

I know...I KNOW...don't say it!  [owned]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I feel sorry for you married guys.  My only constraint on the amount of guns I have is whether I have the money or not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey professor has anyone ever told you this one, A friend of mine told me that he got a 45 auto for his wife today. I told him that was a real good trade!!  

beer
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
 Before I traded guns for kids I would buy any quality gun in good shape if it was a good deal. My now wife would roll her eyes a little when I would come home with another gun. I had a STACK of Colt AR15's when the ban went into effect. I started selling some of them off and she saw what I was getting for them and couldn't believe it. She said "Why didn't you tell me to buy some of those?" I said "I did". Now she knows when you buy a gun the money isn't gone, you can get it back. Unlike shoes, clothes, sofas, purses.......................
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#11]
My [b]ex-wife[/b] used to say that kinda stuff all the time.

[+]:D]

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I get that, but I know she likes em deep down, she's only been shootin a few times, but she really enjoys it.  She really likes my m1 carbine, but I'll soon need one of the new copies, as I don't want her to wear out my usgi saginaw... Before long I'll have her helping me clean em..

I do get the "ANOTHER GUN!!!!" and then I have to say I won't buy one for awhile.  But I never buy anything too expensive either.  I was really please when she let me spend 400 on a 1911 45 (property marked and made in 1918[:d])
Now for the Garand the 03 Springfield and a 1917.....Then I can be able to get/build AR(s) and some custom 1911(s)[:D]

I usually use the shoes and or puses defense though...I'm sure to give her just a little hell everytime she buys something we/she already has.  That way she can't say to much.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Heheh...

My problem is I have 2 expensive hobbies, guns and coins.

Coins are easier to hide though....

Av.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Too many guns.
Too much wealth.
Too much horsepower.
Too big ti....oh nevermind.

All impossible.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
my GF's & i 1st hour of conversation (mind you, we're in our early 30's. no pussy-footin around here):

me: did you vote for gore?
her: NO WAY! voted for GW
me:sweet! i collect firearms, ya got a problem with that?
her: nope!

one year later:

me: look honey, just got my new HK 94...
her: just great! is it going to stay in the bed for 2 weeks like your last gun you bought (HK 91)!?!?
me:.....can it stay in bed for at least a week?
her:........?....?
me: i'll buy dinner...
her: .....OK

god i love that woman!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Here are some ways I found to help ease a new gun purchase. Or an answer to "don't you have enough guns"

1. Tell her "this one is for you"

2. I’m buying it from a friend who needs the money to buy a wedding ring for his girl friend.

3. Last one I promise.

4. Shut up

5. I believe the same could be said about your shoe collection.

6. What gun?

7. I already had this one it was just getting fixed.

8. No I do not have enough guns, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I paid 20,000 for a FAL once. It came with a new car for the wife. She didn't complain about that one.

I found that once you have 25 guns the wife doesn't notice any new ones. They all start looking the same.

There is also the "sell one old one a buy 2 new ones".
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]
When you leave the range...don't take the ear plugs out!
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

7. I already had this one it was just getting fixed.

View Quote

I love this one.

I took my daughter to the last two LI Shoots. She loved it, and she's pretty good too. On the way home from the second shoot she asks me "when is the next one?" Gotta love that.

Now I get to buy more guns for me ... uh ... um ... I mean for her. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#22]
i bought this to trade later on...
it was a good deal...
it's a different caliber..
it looks cool..

i've heard from friends that the way to hide them is to leave at least 1-2 spaces in the safe empty, that way it doesn't look full.  of course i also heard about the guy who had a secret room between the walls where he kept his guns, i guess it took his wife years until she found out about it.  heheh.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine don't know the difference they are all black to her, but dam! forgot she could count now I only pull two out at a time
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#24]
[size=4] Its FO da Children[/size=4]

That was a good Idea, I'm leaning that way on my upcomming mill/lathe purchase(only God knows when).  Told the Ole lady that I'd be able to make the kids and grandkids some guns caus thye will either be illegal or taxed all to hell by that time...

My only son is only bout 16 months old.
Can't use him for the gun excuse yet.  I have been meaning to use him as an excuse to get some of those cool looking airsoft and even some bb guns, those will probably be illegal too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top