Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 6:47:58 AM EDT
Hahaha - the head of the Danish army has decided that too many young danes are "too stupid" to be able to serve.

According to a news-story, he said that approx. 42 percent of all 18 year-old males are unfit for military duty because of [b]stupidity[/b], obesity, bad backs, and weak legs.  Because they have worn poor footwear, have "mouse-arm" or because they have lived off burgers and cola.

Not sure how to translate "mouse-arm" but the meaning is pretty obvious. [:)]

I guess it's nice to see that they are very discriminating when it comes to the draft.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought that was the purpose of the draft, to correct all those deficiencies..... well some.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
That does it, the AR15.com crew has to stop submitting applications to the Danish military.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That does it, the AR15.com crew has to stop submitting applications to the Danish military.
View Quote

Yah - I'm sorry to have to crush that lifelong dream of so many of you  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess it's nice to see that they are very discriminating when it comes to the draft.
View Quote

I thought the entire point of the draft was its NOT discriminating.  If their government is desperate enough to draft, whats it doing complaining about who their drafting?  And whats this about the Danes being weak and flabby?  You mean Hitler was bullshiting us??  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Germany did walk through Denmark in a day....

I never realized how stupid people could be before I went to bootcamp.  Memorizing the chain of command and identifying ranks were beyond some of those guys.

And I went in the Navy.  I wonder how bad it was in the Army in the late 70's?

Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And I went in the Navy.  I wonder how bad it was in the Army in the late 70's?

View Quote

You had it lucky..... USMC 1970!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top