Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:22:25 PM EDT
What in the FUCK is going on with our special forces community?! I have been very hesitant to jump on any conspiracy theory bandwagon but this shit is just not adding up and cannot be ignored any longer. There have been way too many "accidents" involving the death of elite members of our special forces over the last two years to call it a coincidence.

A  Navy SEAL from the elite SEAL TEAM 6 was killed and another SEAL injured Thursday night during a parachute training accident in Marana, Arizona, the military said. Details of the accident are not immediately available.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29/17520371-member-of-seal-team-6-killed-another-seal-injured-in-parachute-accident?lite
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid shit like this is why gun owners look retarded. Thanks, OP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]

You're talking about real men who live on the edge of life every day, perfecting the skills that keep us free.  Like astronauts, they know that every mission, every exercise, could be their last.

Don't dishonor them by questioning their commitment or their ability.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Or it could be intense media coverage because they keep putting their business out there, and they are involved in high risk operations, training, and techniques?
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]

From what I understand injury and death due to training accidents is common in that community. They do a lot of very high risk stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're talking about real men who live on the edge of life every day, perfecting the skills that keep us free.  Like astronauts, they know that every mission, every exercise, could be their last.

He isn't.  He's wondering why so many have died lately and suggesting maybe there are ulterior motives...

As far as I know, they die often, and it's being publicized now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Really?  Go ... love yourself tenderly.  Are you paying attention?
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you're probably seeing a lot of Navy SEALs dying because they have an extremely dangerous job. That's just a guess though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Parachuting is not safe, especially in close proximity to others. This stuff happens to military and recreational jumpers relatively often.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#11]
This

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Go fuck yourself.  Are you paying attention?

Shouldn't you be posting Sandy Hook videos?

RIP SEAL Team 6 member.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This

Quoted:

How in the hell would anyone conclude I'm questioning their commitment or ability from the comments I made?  How about if you go back and read it again.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Having worked closely with the SEALS during parachute training in Arizona, my heart goes out to them for their loss.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard it was a canopy collision which if the case is hardly a conspiracy.  Canopy traffic is generally one of the more dangerous aspects to skydiving.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
RIP Frogman.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He isn't.  He's wondering why so many have died lately and suggesting maybe there are ulterior motives...

Ulterior motives?  To me, that's a dishonor to the profession.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What in the FUCK is going on with our special forces community?! I have been very hesitant to jump on any conspiracy theory bandwagon but this shit is just not adding up and cannot be ignored any longer. There have been way too many "accidents" involving the death of elite members of our special forces over the last two years to call it a coincidence.

A  Navy SEAL from the elite SEAL TEAM 6 was killed and another SEAL injured Thursday night during a parachute training accident in Marana, Arizona, the military said. Details of the accident are not immediately available.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29/17520371-member-of-seal-team-6-killed-another-seal-injured-in-parachute-accident?lite

IMO it's a pretty fucking dangerous job they do.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's really simple. They've been conducting about a 1000% increase  in operations in the last 4 years. So yea, there's going to be an increase in accidents/fatalities as well. They're not supermen. They bleed just like the rest of us. Their prone to mistakes and accidents, just like the rest of us.

No need for tin foil
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Quoted:

How in the hell would anyone conclude I'm questioning their commitment or ability from the comments I made?  How about if you go back and read it again.

So you're suggesting a conspiracy designed to kill off Navy Seals?

Put down the crack pipe, dude.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Having worked closely with the SEALS during parachute training in Arizona, my heart goes out to them for their loss.  

I know the place mentioned in the article, Marana Aerospace Solutions, I believe. I was filming a TV show last year at their airline "graveyard" when some parachutists started landing nearby. Was told by an employee that they were probably CIA. CSB.

Sorry to hear about the SEAL.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a high-risk job. People die.

a friend who was an F-16 pilot told me that on the first day of pilot training, the cadets were told the % of them who would die in a military aircraft, based on compiled statistics. It turned out to be chillingly correct.

ETA: I don't see any disrespect in your post, or any basis to assume shady activity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.

It's a dishonor to the profession to suggest that the CIA, Barack Obama, or China is killing Seal Team 6 Members?
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Conspiracy?

It's a dangerous job, jumping out of planes.

RIP SEAL.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.

It's a dishonor to the profession to suggest that the CIA, Barack Obama, or China is killing Seal Team 6 Members?

Of course not. eraser isn't using his head is all.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't think he's questioning their commitment or ability. I think he's insinuating there's a conspiracy against them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.

What ulterior motives might I have for bringing up for discussion the frequency with which special forces members have been dying in the past two years?  I don't work for Alex Jones.  You might want to reference the prelude to my comment "I've been hesitant to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon".  I haven't been throwing comments like this out there for every thing that pops up on the radar and I'm not drawing any conclusions.  It is worth noticing and discussing.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You mean guys who spend all their time, when they aren't in combat, swimming in the ocean, parachuting from ridiculous heights, shooting and riding around in helicopters tend to not have a great life expectancy sounds like a conspiracy

You're just not paying attention.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You mean guys who spend all their time, when they aren't in combat, swimming in the ocean, parachuting from ridiculous heights, shooting and riding around in helicopters tend to not have a great life expectancy sounds like a conspiracy

What's the non-combat death rate for Seals?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#33]
RIP

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You need to go refill your fucking meds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I sold my Hummer a few years back to a SEAL para instructor stationed at that place in AZ with over 10,000 jumps. When I said that's insane, he told me his commander had over 25,000 jumps
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There have been way too many "accidents" involving the death of elite members of our special forces over the last two years to call it a coincidence.

That's pretty epic, Ed.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I used to work at that airport/airpark in the 2002-2006 time frame and we would see jumpers all the time, we were told to ignore them lest we get greeted by a m4 or m-16. saw lots of jumpers miss the drop zone, but none killed while I was there.

RIP Sailor
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#39]
My attention was called to this accident by a post from two people on FB who are in a branch of SpecOps (retired).  They aren't drawing conclusions, either, but if they're taking notice and making these kind of comments I think it's worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#40]
They train hard, probably as hard as any group out there, and train in dangerous activities.  These are the risks,
and as a jumper I don't see how you can find any "sinister motive" going on with this accident.

They fold their own chutes, and gear just doesn't fail like it used to with the old gear jumping rounds.  If jumpers go in these days, it's because the jumper made a mistake, not the gear going bad, or someone trying to "do them in".

Plus trying to sabotage someone's jumping gear, it's pretty easy to spot anything that would actually do them harm after the fact, so it would be well know shortly after the accident.  Alot easier ways to do something in then to try and induce a skydiving malfunction.  Hell, make them jump enough and it will happen, the stats speak for themselves.

OnyxSkyDV
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that often.  They train hard doing things above and beyond the norm, but their accident rate is running higher than the norm for the last year or so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My attention was called to this accident by a post from two people on FB who are in a branch of SpecOps (retired).  They are drawing conclusions, either, but if they're taking notice and making these kind of comments I think it's worth mentioning.

Holy shit. Facebook! Why the hell didn't you say so!
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There have been way too many "accidents" involving the death of elite members of our special forces over the last two years to call it a coincidence.

Falling out of planes and realistic training is not always the safest thing in the world.  Training accidents happen.  Quit acting like a tinfoil clad special ed student.

and FWIW, Special Forces are the guys with the green wool hats.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#45]
all the media coverage,10years ago you wouldnt have heard about it
RIP  
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#46]
How would someone even conspire to cause a skydiving collision? Which is more likely, an accident happened and cost a man his life, or some sinister dealing convinced a man to intentionally slam into another of his brothers in an attempt to kill him in a suicide "mission"?

Ockham's razor people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that often.  They train hard doing things above and beyond the norm, but their accident rate is running higher than the norm for the last year or so.

Hence the suspicion...
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Conspiracy?

It's a dangerous job, jumping out of planes.

RIP SEAL.

You wanna know whats even more dangerous?  Diving.  They do that shit all the time too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How would someone even conspire to cause a skydiving collision? Which is more likely, an accident happened and cost a man his life, or some sinister dealing convinced a man to intentionally slam into another of his brothers in an attempt to kill him in a suicide "mission"?

Occam's razor people.

scopolamine?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My attention was called to this accident by a post from two people on FB who are in a branch of SpecOps (retired).  They are drawing conclusions, either, but if they're taking notice and making these kind of comments I think it's worth mentioning.

Holy shit. Facebook! Why the hell didn't you say so!

Yeah, I knew that would go over well.  Here's the guys profile pic.  I'll vouch for him.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top