Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2002 4:34:47 AM EDT
Saturday 9:00am EST. on OLN.

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
thats just fuckin great! i dont have OLN. fuckin adelphia cable.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]
DAMN!  Im at work too, and I wont be able to see it!  Anyone care to record it for me?[0:)] Pretty please?????
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
DAMN!  Im at work too, and I wont be able to see it!  Anyone care to record it for me?[0:)] Pretty please?????
View Quote

On it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
what do i have to do to get a copy of this ar10er?
that is, if its even worth watching....
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

On it!
View Quote

Thanks a lot man!

You have IM!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Gawd! Shooters World. That place rocks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Egg on my face! My wife just informed me we don't get OLN anymore![:(!]

Edited to add: Sorry! That is what I get for not watching much T.V.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Egg on my face! My wife just informed me we don't get OLN anymore![:(!]

Edited to add: Sorry! That is what I get for not watching much T.V.
View Quote

[:(]

Thanks anyway. I guesss I'll have to take my Ar to the range and pretend im on tv.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#9]
You didn't miss much. Not much real info.. Kind of reminded me of a sales pitch, but, That's how a lot of stuff is on Amer. Shooter. It was a great show though.

You can find MUCH more info. about the M4, or any gun for that matter, here at AR15.com.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You didn't miss much. Not much real info.. Kind of reminded me of a sales pitch, but, That's how a lot of stuff is on Amer. Shooter.

You can find MUCH more info. about the M4, or any gun for that matter, here at AR15.com.
View Quote

Okay, That makes me feel better then. I just love to see the M4 in action. Nothing makes e happier than shooting(or even watching) M4's or Ar15's!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I watched it. The show said they clear buildings with the stock closed. First time I've ever heard that.

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
And a big THANK YOU goes out to Jim Scoutten for the M4 profile. Glad to see a SL8, HK PDW, UZI and and Thompson in action this morning.

Remember "It's not all about duck hunting"
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And a big THANK YOU goes out to Jim Scoutten for the M4 profile. Glad to see a SL8, HK PDW, UZI and and Thompson in action this morning.

Remember "It's not all about duck hunting"
View Quote

Good point. He did focus a lot on full auto weapons. It was nice to see some coverage of "military" style weapons. It was good show.
Thanks Jim.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You didn't miss much. Not much real info.. Kind of reminded me of a sales pitch, but, That's how a lot of stuff is on Amer. Shooter.

View Quote

Actually, it was originally a sales pitch when the bosses made it back when Colt was a sponsor... back about 1994 when Colt wanted a video to promote government sales.  That was that bit throwing the loaded M-4 on the rocks and then picking it up and firing.

But the snake-eaters were the real deal... the guys doing the demos were all SOCOM from Fort Benning... surfacing out of the stream and shooting up the bad guys.  Fun stuff.

And never forget, the reason I keep sending newbies to the AR-15 Forum is because I expect there to be more detailed information here than what we might try to jam into 22 minutes of TV.

By the way, I finally managed to get a new Buffer retainer pin and spring installed in my Pre-ban lower. (I lost the first set when installing the M-4 Style collapsible stock and the pin and spring took off like the Challenger heading for orbit.)

Now with the Carbine upper (with bayonet lug and flash hider) I really look like a SPEC OPS bad dude!  

But anybody want to hazard a guess why the last round in a 30 round mag won't feed?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gawd! Shooters World. That place rocks!
View Quote

... American Shooter: without a doubt it's the best show on regular cable. Don't think I've missed an episode.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Jim, if you're ever in Gainesville, Florida, you can shoot my M4 all you want. By-the-way, I've never had a FTF on the 30th round. My guess would be a weak spring though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Jim, if you're ever in Gainesville, Florida, you can shoot my M4 all you want. By-the-way, I've never had a FTF on the 30th round. My guess would be a weak spring though.
View Quote

That would be the one with the full auto position?  Which I don't have on mine.

Here's my high-cap mag story:  

The same day Clinton signed the anti-bad-things-bill in 1994... I first called Colt and said "I want one of the last Sporters that came off the line before he signed the bill!"  I've still got the shipping box with the date stamped on it.

Then, I ran all over town in Nashville and bought every high cap AR Mag I could find... cause on that day, not many of us knew the high-caps were grandfathered and not being banned retroactively.   I spent about $100 and came up with two 20's and 3 30's.  So that's what I've got to play with now.  And Feeding has never been particularly reliable from any of them.  So, while I don't know the history or the prior use of what I bought in a panic on that day in '94... that they all have feed problems, especially for that last round, suggests a feed ramp problem or something other than the springs.

Jim  
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Shoot, I missed it.  I'll wait untill December for the next run of that show..

Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#19]

By the way, I finally managed to get a new Buffer retainer pin and spring installed in my Pre-ban lower. (I lost the first set when installing the M-4 Style collapsible stock and the pin and spring took off like the Challenger heading for orbit.)

Jim
View Quote

Yep, That happened to me too. Luckly the guy helping me had a spare. It happened to him one day too. Spare parts are handy to keep around. I am planning to pick up a few things every time I go to the gun show.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's my high-cap mag story:  

The same day Clinton signed the anti-bad-things-bill in 1994... I first called Colt and said "I want one of the last Sporters that came off the line before he signed the bill!"  I've still got the shipping box with the date stamped on it.

Then, I ran all over town in Nashville and bought every high cap AR Mag I could find... cause on that day, not many of us knew the high-caps were grandfathered and not being banned retroactively.   I spent about $100 and came up with two 20's and 3 30's.  So that's what I've got to play with now.  And Feeding has never been particularly reliable from any of them.  So, while I don't know the history or the prior use of what I bought in a panic on that day in '94... that they all have feed problems, especially for that last round, suggests a feed ramp problem or something other than the springs.

Jim  
View Quote

Jim, first let me say I love your show !!!
As to the mag issue, do you have the updated green mag followers or the black ones.  I believe they were originally adopted to cure the "last one or two round" jams.
They are cheap and easy to install.  I had two mags that did what yours are doing and the green follower cured the problem.
MORE AMERICAN SHOOTER !!!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#21]
damm at&t broad band.....
it figures anything decent they cancel
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jim, first let me say I love your show !!!
As to the mag issue, do you have the updated green mag followers or the black ones.  I believe they were originally adopted to cure the "last one or two round" jams.
They are cheap and easy to install.  I had two mags that did what yours are doing and the green follower cured the problem.
MORE AMERICAN SHOOTER !!!!!! [:D]
View Quote

SPECTRE:

See... that's why we come here to find out how many things we don't know!

No, all of my mag followers are black...

So where do I order the green ones???

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Jim, shoot me an email with how many you need, and an address to send them.  I owe you that much.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#24]
You can get green followers at [url]www.brownells.com[/url], 10 pack 21.75, 12.70 if dealer or LE or etc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jim, shoot me an email with how many you need, and an address to send them.  I owe you that much.
View Quote

Don:

The number is 6... but you don't owe me anything.

You send 'em and I'm sending a check.

Thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry Jim, I don't take checks. [:D]  Just buy me a Dr Pepper in Orlando next year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#28]
By the way, any of you guys happen to notice OLN just ran another American Shooter show... the Benelli Factory trip to Italy.

OLN has nearly gone over the edge... they're running five different AS shows a total of 9 times this weekend, Friday through Sunday.

Nice to be welcomed!

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#29]
OH, And the M-4 and Shooter's World show next runs three times on October 19 and 20.  

(I would have told you if there was another repeat this weekend.)

[bday]  

(Why do you think he did that?)
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, Happy Birthday Jim (or American Shooter).
You may want to put Wolff Springs in the AR mags, too, Brownells has them. Last round feed trouble suggests weak mag spring. Replacing the follower is a good idea, too, as noted above.
 Colt is no longer a sponsor?????????

Love the show, Jim!

Regards,

Tim

PS it's pronounced carbeen (carbine).
View Quote

Tim:

American Shooter is 10 years old.

I'm considerably older than that... and it's me... today.

Colt hasn't been a sponsor since the last time they went bankrupt.

Now "Carbine"

For nearly all of the ten years of American Shooter I've found opinions on both side of the pronounciation. And I've used both versions on the air... sometimes in a single show!.... So about a year ago, I decided we needed to be consistent... and the "grand authority" of pronounciation is Webster:

Webster lists two pronounciations for carbine:

Car-b-EYE-n  and Car-bEEn (not how Webster's does it with the little marks that I can't type here.)

That means both pronounciations are correct, however Car-b-EYE-n is first in the book... so that means it is the preferred pronounciation.

So that's what I've been using since deciding we needed a consistent decision. [thinking]

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Jim Scoutten I just wanted to say I love your show and I am a devoted fan/viewer.

My favorite part of the show is GUN TECH.

Keep up the good work.

For all you guys that missed the M-4 episode OLN usually repeats the same show 2-3 times on the weekends in AZ, maybe they do elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
By the way, any of you guys happen to notice OLN just ran another American Shooter show... the Benelli Factory trip to Italy.

OLN has nearly gone over the edge... they're running five different AS shows a total of 9 times this weekend, Friday through Sunday.

Nice to be welcomed!

Jim
View Quote

Saw it this afternoon.  Great show.  I was really impressed with the automation and gauging they used at the Benelli factory.  We need to have the show schedule tacked on this board.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey Jim,

I also wanted to drop you a line to say that I love your show.
Also if you are going to order parts from Brownells you can run up to Iowa and stop right at Brownells.  While you are in Iowa you can stop at the Iowa ar15 shoot just a few miles away from Brownells.  :)

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=8&t=142849[/url]

Just a suggestion.  :)  I am sure alot of people would be pleased to meet you.

John
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#35]
So can I shoot my home assembled M-4 semi?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Jim, if your ever in N FL, we'd love to have you at one of our carbine shoots we have the last Sunday of every month. Pretty informal but a great group of folks and lots of fun.
View Quote

I'll second that motion, and then some!

Jim, what part of TN are you in?  If you're east of Knoxville, why don't you drop by for an IDPA match some time? [:D]

We shoot the 2nd saturday of every month--see [url]http://www.tac2.net[/url] for details...

By the way, any new shows in the pipeline?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Jim, what part of TN are you in?  If you're east of Knoxville, why don't you drop by for an IDPA match some time? [:D]

By the way, any new shows in the pipeline?
View Quote

I thought if you were East of Knoxville you were in North Carolina!

I'm in Franklin, due South of Nashville.

Some new content is coming into the schedule shortly...

Bianchi, Sub-Gun Nationals, Steel Challenge of '02, End of Trail '02, NSSF's National Scholastic Trap Championship, among others.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey Jim, Great show. I've been watching for years. When are the new shows starting and are the gonna be on TNN or OLN?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yes Jim, it has the full auto position. Now come on down here and shoot it!  Like Hawkeye said, we shoot a tactical carbine match the last Sunday of every month. You would enjoy it. It's all semi auto so you would be welcome to bring your Sporter.

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Jim, GREAT show, when I could watch it.[:(!]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I had no idea about Mr. Dillion (now my personal GOD!) and his amazing full auto collection until I caught that AS show on him last weekend at like 2 in the morning.  OMG is that guy living the life or what.  I can't believe he makes straffing runs in his armed vintage aircraft too.  I can only dream...
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
... I had no idea about Mr. Dillion
View Quote

... ahhhhh, yesss  ...   [b]Arizonans[/b]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I want to see a show about womenz who like guns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about next week.  Women taking Concealed Carry Class.

It's a repeat, but it's about women and guns.

How's that for quick response?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I must confess, Jim, I hate you. (just kidding).  I am, however, very jealous.  What a job.  And you do it so well.

Eddie

Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I must confess, Jim, I hate you. (just kidding).  I am, however, very jealous.  What a job.  And you do it so well.

Eddie

View Quote

Thanks, Eddie, (I think?)

Jim
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#47]
AmShooter is a great show and is the only show I watch on OLN. And with my limited time for TV, it is one of the few shows I watch. Don't ever wear a rug like the host of "Hunting w/ Hank". Geez, that was over the top.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
AmShooter is a great show and is the only show I watch on OLN. And with my limited time for TV, it is one of the few shows I watch. Don't ever wear a rug like the host of "Hunting w/ Hank". Geez, that was over the top.
View Quote

Geez, I didn't know Hank was missing some fur!

JS
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How about next week.  Women taking Concealed Carry Class.

It's a repeat, but it's about women and guns.

How's that for quick response?

Jim
View Quote

Very good! I would be very, very happy if instead of showing shooting tricks, Munden or the Benelli guy did a segement on how to pick up womenz at the range.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top