Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2002 10:30:14 PM EDT
anyone watch this?
it's ok. I did notice tonight that the character played by the Baldwin that played Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket has a sawed off rifle like McQueen had on that western he was in
best pic of the gun I could find
[img]http://www.tvacres.com/wanted_mares.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be the old "Mare's Leg" A shortened Winchester '92 in 44-40WCF or 38-40WCF

They are interesting anyways [:D]

Probably illegal to make though without a tax stamp of some sort
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That would be the old "Mare's Leg" A shortened Winchester '92 in 44-40WCF or 38-40WCF

They are interesting anyways [:D]

Probably illegal to make though without a tax stamp of some sort
View Quote

The studio (IIRC) made four. Three non-firing and one blank gun. They had to get  the proper forms to make the SBRs.....

BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?

Scott

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it weigh less than 50 ounces? If so, it might not be NFA if it doesnt have a stock.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The studio (IIRC) made four. Three non-firing and one blank gun. They had to get  the proper forms to make the SBRs.....

BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote

44-40, at least that is what the only real Mare's leg I ever saw was.....  I neve rever saw the show

I go tot fire that mare's leg, it was interesting, but I woudl rather have a wheel gun to look western, a Schoefield, hmmmm, yeah
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote

Didn't McQueen's character wear .45-70 Govt cartridges on his gun belt?  Obviously, they couldn't be chambered.

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote

Didn't McQueen's character wear .45-70 Govt cartridges on his gun belt?  Obviously, they couldn't be chambered.

View Quote

BINGO! That was quick. (None of the prop guns could chamber the .45-70s that McQueen wore......

Scott

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
a little later 'Animal Mother' had some sort of revolver with a red dot sight of some kind. at least this show has a lot of guns

I saw an ad somewhere for a working replica of the Mare's Leg. fine print said it needed an AOW license (maybe not that one, but it was one of the stupid ATF 'pay a lot of money' things)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top