Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2002 3:16:09 PM EDT
and locked. Is this for a bit of history and remembrance?

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yes it is. i guess you werent around when we were discussing it. locked so the original wont be adulterated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks redray. Yeah, I guess I either wasn't reading the General Discussion boards that much or I just wasn't paying attention to posts discussing the topic of having it pinned up.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
youre welcome. its a good idea dont ya think? reading it brought back a lot of memories and i suggested that we should tack it up forever! im glad everyone else thought so too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I just read the thread...Wasn't around when it went up that day, at work, trying to help...

The fast notes jotted by members not noted for their brevity, the mispellings by meticulous spellers, the mangled syntax of normally literate members....It really is kind of a timecapsule.

What amazes me is that several of you said "Muslim Terrorists" from the get go. Not that that is a hell of a leap, but at the time we didn't know anything.

Also amazed that some of you knew that there had to be trained terrorist pilots, and some of you knew that the real pilots must have been murdered after the hijacking. Your heads were going 10000 miles a minute, and a year and change later, looking back you were dead-on correct.

Also, the idea that we need to stop staring at NYC and The Pentagon, although later found to be unnecessary, was bright too. Rather than being sucked into the tragedy of the moment, some of you first thought of damage control. Rather than let the attacks stun your defensive thoughts out, you ratcheted them up. One of you even suggested sending AR15.com members to the beaches, presumably with glasses to scan the horizon.

Pretty good stuff. Brought back some of the feelings of that day. I'm glad it's tacked up there and preserved.

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad it's tacked up.

I didn't become a member until a few months later.

I got the chills a few times reading it, in real time you people were posting, it was very surreal. I replay the events in my head.

Very chilling.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top