Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2002 11:15:58 AM EDT
Whats the deal with President Bush?

It seems that when he doesn't have a prepaired speach, the guy fumbles when asked certain questions.

"president bush, who poses a greater threat, al queda or saddam?"

"well, ah, well ah, ummm. ahh, they both are bad, yes, real bad"

I watched the daily show last night and last week some time for the first time.

It seems this shows all about making fun of the polititions. Which is OK by me, but the few times I've watched it, I've noticed a trend.
They seem to spend alittle more time making fun of the republicans. Am I wrong about this?

I like Bush, I think that he is the lesser of two evils, I just wish he wouldn't sound like a fool?

Am I asking to much? After all, he is human being like the rest of us.

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed something similar about Bush in the days leading up to the election in 2000....When speaking his prepared statements, to me he sounds wooden and sounds like he is just repeating a memorized statement, but when "just talking", he talks like a normal person.  Normal people(or me, at least), go "uhm, uhh, err", etc.  He's not polished the way Clinton/Gore were, but he's much more down to earth and "normal".  My $.02, anyways.

As for the Daily show, they make fun of just about anyone.  Whoever makes the headlines is a target, it being a comedy show using timely news for cannon fodder.  I do not watch it that often, but I think they are fairly balanced inasmuch as no one is safe from them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The Daily Show, and John Stewart [b]ARE[/b] liberal.
Yes they poke fun at everyone...But they [b]Pound[/b] on Republicans, and President Bush.
I still watch the show, because some of the "interviews" they do with nutjobs are really funny.
But make no mistake...that show is typical "Liberal Hollywood"

As far as President Bush,...I agree with the above post, he talks like a "normal" guy from Texas...I like that...As opposed to speaking like a Lawyer all of the time like Clinton ([i]except of-course when he tried to explain the meaning of the word[/i] "IS" [i] to the world[/i])
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree'd.

I like that he's a normal guy.

I just feel others might think less of him or use it against him (like demo's)

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
what......?, no way, the media couldnt be biased..... could they? (strong sarcasm)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top