Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:38:09 PM EDT
I have a cat that I think is either really smart, or really retarded.  Anyways, I have a S&W bodyguard .38 revolver, you know with the built in laser site.  I use the revolver for backpacking, but it stays loaded on my desk in my bedroom at all times just in case.  Anyways, my cat, whenever I touch this gun, he comes running, and hangs out with me as long as i have this thing in my hand.  I'm thinking maybe he remembers the laser site or something, but it's funny he could be nowhere to be found, but as soon as he hears me open the cylinder, boom, he is there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol That's a good one.

No animals liking my guns..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
sisters boyfriend had a cat, that was addicted to a flashlight, if you clicked the button, the thing would come running.

That said, all animals i have seen have some sort of fear of firearms. Maybe its because working the action is really loud to them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
sisters boyfriend had a cat, that was addicted to a flashlight, if you clicked the button, the thing would come running.

I'm thinking it must be this revolver, and the laser, but i don't remember ever playing with the laser and the cat.  Maybe he saw it once, and it's just stuck in his head?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Penelope is partial to my .300BLK SBR.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but we had a cocker spaniel years ago, that was outside when I was shooting one time, and the sound must have upset the dog.  I don't think I had ever shot with the dog around.  
It didn't run away though, at the time.
Later on, when I would just go to open the gun case after that, the dog would bolt into another room.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking it must be this revolver, and the laser, but i don't remember ever playing with the laser and the cat.  Maybe he saw it once, and it's just stuck in his head?

Laser would be my guess as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
My GSD- Miss Kai, every time she hears me check the action on my AR, won't sit still or shut up...  Jumps all around.  She associates it with going hunting out back and lives for those times.  She goes with me every time I am hunting because of this...  Otherwise she drives the other GSDs nuts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
My cat loves empty brass of all kinds. He will happily swat and chase an empty case around until it gets lost under something.

Post 400
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah , Miss July 1998 really likes my Wilson.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP Shaddar
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
My daughter has a cat that comes running anytime my sidearm clears Kidex.. It loves the laser, especially the one that strobes..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My cat loves empty brass of all kinds. He will happily swat and chase an empty case around until it gets lost under something.

Post 400

My cat does this as well, but not necessarily always a shell casing
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
We had a cat that was obsessed with my 10/22.  Every time I got it out he would paw at it, roll around on the floor by it, rub up against it, etc.  it was bizarre.  This same cat was also a psycho that was on Elavil, so he was a little weird.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We had a cat that was obsessed with my 10/22.  Every time I got it out he would paw at it, roll around on the floor by it, rub up against it, etc.  it was bizarre.  This same cat was also a psycho that was on Elavil, so he was a little weird.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]
when my labs see a shotgun and me in a baseball cap ya better get the door open quick!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup.  Angel has her own personal 300 BLK, but I fear her claws more.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]

My bulldog loves guns.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I had my dog since a pup and early on he showed fear of guns, to the point he would sulk and walk away when they were uncased.
Strangest thing. No action, no shooting, never been around guns before.  Must have been the smell.

Marshmallow shooters on the other hand....
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a dog that hated everything.  Pick up a gun, and it would bark and nip at it.  Pick up a shovel, it would bark and nip at it.  Kids try to bounce on a pogo stick, same deal.  No matter what, he hated any sort of mechanical device or tool being grasped.  He didn't sulk, or try to run away - he always tried to attack the object.  He was never abused, or even in a situation where any of the above would have startled him.  It was the strangest thing.  Of course, he was also the kind of dog that either loved you, or wanted to chew your face off.  For whatever reason, certain people set him off.  Once he hated you, that was it.  For 90% of the people he met, though, he was the nicest dog you could imagine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#20]
My folks have a Schnauzer. A rescue dog they inherited when my mom's friend passed. You can handle long guns all you want and no reaction. Pick up a pistol and she runs and hides under the bed. Pick up a flyswatter, spatula or big spoon and she hides again. She's the most well behaved dog I have ever met, but when I see her do this, I ask myself, myself at what cost? And I want 5 minutes alone with her original owner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea, anything with a lazer.  I've almost convinced myself that if I have to use my piece for HD I may have to shoot through the dog.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
laser sights are almost like cheating when hunting cats
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Three labs at different times would go ape shit anytime the shotguns came out.  One would also go ape shit whenever the pump pellet gun came out---he knew a bird was going to be shot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Our Black Lab, Nikki, comes running, anytime she hears me opening the safe. Our Chihuahua, Latte, likes to hang out, whenever I'm reloading or prepping brass.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The dag puked on my AR once.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top