Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2002 2:12:11 AM EDT
Just a question: On the Italian media it was reported in a very unclear way.

And why questioning the President in such a way NOW?

I guess that anyone of us, if really possible, would avoid any war. But I don't see how to make it to understand to Saddam this point without the use of the force: when there is a cancer you can take pills and die later, or make a surgical operation and probably solve the problem!

Just my opinion..
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Plain and Simple...

Toad Daschole wants to be president.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Paolo:

Most Democrat politicians have not been questioning Bush since 11/9/01, because they felt that going against him would be bad for their political careers. One congresswoman criticized Bush, and lost her election (cynthia McKinney) Bush's popularity was very high, so it was crazy to be against him.

Now, they are finding that there is a lot of opposition to war with Iraq, especially since Bush is so serious about actually invading and getting rid of Saddam. Bush is becoming less popular here, and internationally.

Now that Bush is less popular, the Democrats feel safe attacking him, going back to normal politics.  This is why Al Gore has suddenly appeared after being invisible for 12 months. They attack Bush, but they have no solutions to solving the Iraq problem, stopping terrorism, fixing the economy.  All they do is attack, criticize, make Bush look bad.

Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Plain and Simple...

Toad Daschole wants to be president.
View Quote

Agreed. I thought his theatrics on TV were a bit much though, even for him [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from raven -
Now, they are finding that there is a lot of opposition to war with Iraq, especially since Bush is so serious about actually invading and getting rid of Saddam. Bush is becoming less popular here, and internationally.
View Quote

Don't buy that bullshit, [b]Paolo[/b], my dear friend.

The American people support the President and they support the impending War against Iraq.

The DEMOCRATS (and others, I see) only wished that the American People did not support Bush and the War!

Look at the latest polls!

Even the ones run by the DEMOS show that both Bush and his anti-Iraq war are very well supported.

That's why the DEMOCRATS are not directly taking on the proposed War - they are just pussy-footing around and dragging their feet.

They know war is inevitable - they even know that it is the right thing to do - they just want it to occur AFTER the Fall Elections!

Talk about politicizing foreign policy! The DEMOS are the biggest group of traitors that our country has ever had to face!

That is the way it is over here!

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Got it...

Listen, folks: I am in a country MUCH CLOSER to Iraq. The family of my wife is inside the range of SCUD missiles. Few dies ago I saw again the tape of "Saving Private Ryan", showing all that white crosses (and David Stars as well!) of the Omaha Beach War Cemetery. There is a similar Cemetery in Anzio, that I visited, and I cannot restraint my tears to fall.
My Israeli friends are discussing in their dining rooms where to bury their friends (Tel Aviv Stadium? Leumi Park?) in case of MDW.
One of my best friend, he is an graduate of Italian Army, probably will be sent in Afghanistan to make a REAL war and we are friends since we met 22 years ago.
So the war is something very far from me.

But I see no other solution: as far I can recall history, past and recent, I never saw an embargo solving the situation and avoiding worst problems, here you are some examples:

-Hitler's Germany and Mussolini's Italy were embargoed by The Society of Nations. Only war removed them.
-Milosevich's Yugoslavia was heavily embargoed. But Milosevich regime resisted until a war removed him.
-Saddam's Iraq has a heavy embargo. He is still there.

After 11 years from the end of the Gulf War Saddam has all the chances to show some changements in it's policy, like Muhammar Gh'ddafi.

Saddam's secret services are involved in forging documents of the 9-11 terrorists (uniforms and documents of American Airlines were stolen before 9-11 in Rome).
Iraqi govt. is involved in funding Palestinans kamikaze and their families.
Turkey, Greece, Jordany and even Iraq Arab neighbours find his regime disturbing and destabilizing.
According to Tom Clancy's book "Special Forces", many Arab govt.s will be happy to see him biting the dust.

There are more reasons to make war than not to make it.

But... yes there is a "but", and in this point I didn't find yet an answer on the media: If someone starts a war MUST know also how to FINISH it. Did G.W. told you how does intend to finish Gulf War II?
And considering the tension between India and Pakistan (both nuclear powers), is there any danger of WW III?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#6]

[b]Daschle and the Dimocrats expected to have the upper hand here in the mid-term elections by using the economy as their focal point.[/b]  

President Bush has stolen the moment with the war on Iraq which now over-shadows economic concerns.  Daschle is desperate to find a unifying topic so that he may help Dimocrats in the coming election.

[b]At present, the Dimocrats are well and truly fucked !![/b]  They cannot directly attack the President without appearing to be weak on National Defense.  Expect Daschle and other Dimocrats to continue searching for a topic that will stick and affect the coming elections.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Post from raven -
View Quote

Don't buy that bullshit, [b]Paolo[/b], my dear friend.

The American people support the President and they support the impending War against Iraq.

The DEMOCRATS (and others, I see) only wished that the American People did not support Bush and the War!

Look at the latest polls!

Even the ones run by the DEMOS show that both Bush and his anti-Iraq war are very well supported.

That's why the DEMOCRATS are not directly taking on the proposed War - they are just pussy-footing around and dragging their feet.

They know war is inevitable - they even know that it is the right thing to do - they just want it to occur AFTER the Fall Elections!

Talk about politicizing foreign policy! The DEMOS are the biggest group of traitors that our country has ever had to face!

That is the way it is over here!

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

[revival]

CAN I GET AN AMEN, BROTHER?

AMEN!

[/revival]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The DEMOS are the biggest group of traitors that our country has ever had to face!
View Quote

^
         |
What he said.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#9]
The Hun and the Subslr are right on the money.  Daschle melted down yesterday because he and his party are LOSING the debate out in the hustings.  In spite of all the help the Dems are getting from their friends in the media, they are at EXTREME risk of losing their last bit of real power in Washington...the Senate, and THAT has all of the Dems in a total panic.

Turns out the sheeple are worried about public safety and the war...more so than listening to the liberal's lies too...and that is bad for the lefties.

Bush has rolled them.  They're like trapped animals now.  Daschle's only hope is to energize his base to a fever pitch and get them out to vote in November.  Soon, we will begin hearing the old refrains about Republicans and Bush trying to steal old folks Social Security, poison our water and air, (Republicans and their families don't drink or breath "public" water or air!), and ruin the economy while getting rich at the expense of the "workers".

The debates are heating up and the Dems are going to get down and dirty to try and retain their illegal power.  Yesterday was just the first step.

FWIW, I don't think Daschle is going to be successful.  The Dems have some weak candidates in a couple of key races.  They have NO chance of regaining the House.  I think the final tally in the Senate will have the Republicans gaining about 2-3 seats.  Bush will have a great two years...and we will all be better off.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#10]
The Dems may be emboldened by the lack of international support this time.  They were not behind the effort in 1991 either when international support was far higher.

Now they want to blame Bush Sr for not breaking mandate and stated goals in 91 (saying he didn't finish the job then & now look at what he caused) and at same time require Bush Jr to get a mandate before acting.

I can understand some lack of international support when their countries have less to lose. They are far less likely to be direct target and certainly fear huge potential economic upheaval.

As a tactical matter, if your stated goal is to take over the world, it makes sense to destabilize the most powerful opponent as fast as possible & that is why the US is the most likely target.  

Countries with higher numbers and percentages of their population made up of internal troublemakers (I tried to be PC)  stand to see more internal reactions due to US actions & want to save own skin at expense of letting us sit back, appease and get hit.  Hey the U.S can afford to be hit…. So they may think.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Daschle wants an ass kicking from the Pres.

Well, he acts like it at least.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The Democrats are scared and what has been mentioned before they are like a wild animal caught in a corner, and are trying to strike out to get free!

Democrats for the most part in recent years have run on domestic policies such as social security,welfare,gun control,federal assistance for the minorities,liberal agenda items such as abortion rights,gay and lesbian issues, and protect the forests!

These issues are highly successfully won on pure emotional tactics ran by the democrats!

Were as the republicans for the most part have ran on creating jobs, which emphasizes on big corportations,cutting taxes,takeing our national security seriously,and trying to limit the intrusions of government in people lives!

These two ideologies clash and are of the opposites of extremes!

The democrats are scared that they are going to lose ultimate power in the Senate, and are hell bent at makeing president Bush's job as hard as they can make it. The only reason why the democrats were so supportive of the president for the short time after september 11 is because the tragedy of that day has awakened many americans, so it would have been political suicide for the democrats to have not supported the president! Know some time has gone by and they are right back at attacking President Bush with just about anything they can get there hands on!

The funny part about this is that the democrats have not been able to be very successful at backing President Bush into a corner, it is almost like they cannot touch him, and this really pisses them off.

So inturn they will not allow appointees that president Bush has asked for to fill positions that need to be filled, and they are fighting tooth and nail to derail anything that the president wants to do. It is really a war between the republicans and democrats. And what makes this war hard to fight for the democrats is that a large percentage of the American public are behind the President! The ultimate goal for the democrats is to make the job of President Bush so hard, that if he decides to run for re-election the democrats can say that Bush failed misserable on the home front, that he did not take care of the American people!

So I would imagine very shortly you will hear issues come up concerning domestic issues to try to sway peoples opinions and votes for November. Issues such as the tax relief, the democrats want the tax relief to be suspended, there logic in this is going to be that the country is in a deficit, that there was a surplus but know there is a deficit. You will hear issues of The riches people in the country will get the most money and the working poor will get nothing concerning the tax relief. Interesting thing about that is it makes total sense as far as the tax structure is in america is that if you make more money you pay more taxes, if you make less money you pay less taxes, so concerning tax releif, it would apply the same if you make more money, of course you will get more money then someone who makes less money!  You will hear issues about social security being in trouble because of the deficit, and about this issue what most people fail to see is that social security comes out of the general fund, there is no social security problem, the money is budgeted right out of the general fund, and you will hear issues on how the president and republicans want to destabilze the economy even more by takeing america into a war with Iraq. I also would not be surprised if gun issues come up either, especially since Ashcroft came out and said he supports the individual right of people to own firearms, I am sure the democrats will find away to smear the republicans on this issue also!

Anyway the democrats are scared, they know it, and alot of american people know it to, unfortunetly alot of democrat supporters have not figured it all out because they are so blinded as to what all the facts are to the many issues at hand!And they want to stay in power, so they will fight tooth and nail to maintian the status quo!

It is going to get pretty ugly here in the states between know and the November elections!
Guarenteed!

In my opinion Daschel put another nail in his coffin politically yesterday with his emotional nervous breakdown, but then again I am sure that if you ask a democrat, they would say that Daschel did the right thing!

Edited to Add:

Ever since the Attacks that happened on September 11.2001 there has been a huge surge of people listening more and more to talk radio here in America, this is a market that the republicans have been very successful in grasping control over. You have people like Rush Limbaugh,Laura Ingram,Micheal Savage,Rusty Humphrey, Bill O'reily,and here in orgeon a guy by the name of Lars Larson, that in these talk shows they really dont pull very many punches in the sense of speaking out against both parties, some do it more agressively then others, so what this does is make the american people more informed about issues that are going on not just in our nations capital, but also across the world and in state and local governments. The democrats hate this, because people are starting to wake up to the failures of the democratic party! The democrats have tried to enter into the talk radio market,and they have not been very successful, mainly because people can actually see through there emotional dribble, and that there arguements have very little,if not any of a solid foundation. Months ago the democrats were whinning that talk radio was biased and that it was not fair, so they tried to find ways to stop all the talk radio shows from speaking the truths about things going on in america, well they were not very successful, and that has really pissed off the democrats!
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
man o man do i hate dasshole's voice

he sounds like such a lying snake

did anyone hear Rush today making homo jokes about dasshole?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
What has been said here concerning the demos is all true. They're in a state of complete panic. The last straw was when Bush called them on their delaying tactics.

On another thread I've argued that this is the reason why I think we are going to win BIG in November.

But do you know what I REALLY find pathetic? That some guy way the hell over in Italy gets it, but our own esteemed Senate Majority Leader (as well as the almost-president) DON'T.

Thanks for the support, Paolo. BTW, I've been to Italy three times. Absolutely love the place. Especially Rome. You lucky bastard! [;)]

Edited to add: Oh, and to answer your original question, Paolo: I imagine that Daschle won't be satisfied unless GWB offers up his resignation then commits immediate suicide. Too bad (for Daschle, anyway) that our man has BALLS. If he can stand up to the likes of Bin Laden and Hussein, I don't think he loses too much sleep over Daschle, especially when Daschle is doing such a wonderful job of screwing himself over alone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Just so our friend in Italy dosen't get the wrong impression. Raven said Dashle is doing this because President Bush is less popular. This is incorrect. The last poll I heard today the country is 75% infavor of attacking Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Well here is my support:

President Bush ,PLEASE BOMB IN MY NAME !!!!

ON TO BAGHDAD !!!!!

GO , GW , GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[USA][USA][USA][USA][USA][USA][USA][USA][USA][USA]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top